Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DOWNLOADED SIMS 2 ULTIMATE COLLECTION, FOUND OUT ABOUT DRM, WILL IT AFFECT SIMS 3?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DOWNLOADED SIMS 2 ULTIMATE COLLECTION, FOUND OUT ABOUT DRM, WILL IT AFFECT SIMS 3? Empty DOWNLOADED SIMS 2 ULTIMATE COLLECTION, FOUND OUT ABOUT DRM, WILL IT AFFECT SIMS 3?

Post by Guest Tue 05 Aug 2014, 16:23

Hi! Felai here Smile 

I'm new. Well not really, I have an old account here but I forgot my old user, password and email used to register.
(It was in my old desktop, which is now crying alone Sad in our storage room. Don't worry i plan to 
upgrade it, just saving money. LOL)

Anyways, back to the topic. This thread got my attention because I also downloaded the Sims 2 Ultimate Collection and I already have Sims 3 installed in my desktop which I downloaded here (I have all expansion packs and stuffs you can download here in G4TW). 

For now I can say is all is well in my desktop. I have not encountered any conflict having a legit Sims 2 and cracked Sims 3 (I hope I used the right terms). I even tried playing Sims 2 while my Sims 3 is also open. I was playing Sims 3 while downloading the Sims 2 from Origin then right after it finishes the download I launched the game.

Here is the screenshot I took to prove that I can play the two sims without conflict.
DOWNLOADED SIMS 2 ULTIMATE COLLECTION, FOUND OUT ABOUT DRM, WILL IT AFFECT SIMS 3? KED8Mpk

I don't know if because I already have Sims 3 in my desktop when I downloaded the Sims 2 that I don't encounter any conflict but i'm planning on downloading the Store Fixes today or any time soon so I will update you guys if I see any problems after I update my stores.
And yeah I'm also planning on downloading some neighborhood here (like aurora skies gold edition and more).

BTW, can you please tell me in simplest explanation what is that SECUROM / DRM you guys talking about and what it does. Thanks!

Off Topic:
I know I should create a new thread but I just want some clarifications with Store Fixes.
I'm kinda outdated with Sims 3 Stores so I don't know what's with the Store Fixes?
The only Store Updates I downloaded was The Sims 3 Store updates 1 to 26 (Up to July).
Does it have chicken coop and that dairy something which I saw just a while ago from a Simmer in Youtube?
or does it have all the store updates? or should I download the Store updates from 2009 to 2014 and store fixes?
Thanks! If I'm not allowed to insert this off topic please inform me so I can edit and remove this off topic at once. pale 

Back to top Go down

DOWNLOADED SIMS 2 ULTIMATE COLLECTION, FOUND OUT ABOUT DRM, WILL IT AFFECT SIMS 3? Empty Re: DOWNLOADED SIMS 2 ULTIMATE COLLECTION, FOUND OUT ABOUT DRM, WILL IT AFFECT SIMS 3?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 06 Aug 2014, 08:32

Hello,

Very simply and very briefly, these technologies called "SecuROM" and similar stuff are there to avoid several things, mainly they are there to prevent that you install a game (with the same serial number !) on several different computers.

For that purpose, internet activation is used, to see on what computer you are trying to install/activate the game. Potential issues that can arise out of this, are that you might encounter problems when you decide to upgrade your computer with a new "graphics card" or another component. The internet activator might interpret this as an attempt to install this on a "new" computer (though in fact, you only change the graphics card). If you're very unlucky, you won't be able to install/activate the game then.

Other potential issues that can arise are problems if you have other "mounting software" installed, like DaemonTools, Alcohol 120%, and so on.

I don't think, as of now, that you will get problems with pirated games though, but let's see. Smile  

As for your store items, look here (the site isn't complete yet, though):

http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/

As for the store fixes, please wait with downloading them, since there appear to be problems with them (I'm going to make an "Announcement"-topic in the in-game problems section here, soon, which you might want to check out).

Hope this helps you a bit ! Smile

P.S. I split your post from the other topic... 

Last edited by Carlos on Wed 06 Aug 2014, 09:33; edited 1 time in total
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

DOWNLOADED SIMS 2 ULTIMATE COLLECTION, FOUND OUT ABOUT DRM, WILL IT AFFECT SIMS 3? Empty Re: DOWNLOADED SIMS 2 ULTIMATE COLLECTION, FOUND OUT ABOUT DRM, WILL IT AFFECT SIMS 3?

Post by Guest Wed 06 Aug 2014, 09:28

I see, I think I manage to grasp the idea of what does "SecuROM" really is and thank you for filling us information about those.
As for now, I don't have plans on uninstalling Sims 2 for I haven't encounter any problems with it and we still enjoy playing both Sims 2 and 3. And if ever, really hoping not, we encounter some problems involving SecuROM in it, I'll update you guys.

BTW, I saw in Current Request that Sims 2: Complete Collections is in the list, meaning, you guys are still working on it Cool . I hope that you guys could finish it already for people who are still looking and wanting to play it and for those who have low end and currently waiting for their high end desktop to come. And the likes of me whom I prefer your games rather than from Origins that is making us worry it might cause us conflict in the future.

Oh and thanks for the link and for telling me about your coming "announcement". I'm gonna download the other store updates now and wait for your announcement for Store fixes. cheers 

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 06 Aug 2014, 09:31

Felai wrote:I see, I think I manage to grasp the idea of what does "SecuROM" really is and thank you for filling us information about those.
As for now, I don't have plans on uninstalling Sims 2 for I haven't encounter any problems with it and we still enjoy playing both Sims 2 and 3. And if ever, really hoping not, we encounter some problems involving SecuROM in it, I'll update you guys.

BTW, I saw in Current Request that Sims 2: Complete Collections is in the list, meaning, you guys are still working on it Cool . I hope that you guys could finish it already for people who are still looking and wanting to play it and for those who have low end and currently waiting for their high end desktop to come. And the likes of me whom I prefer your games rather than from Origins that is making us worry it might cause us conflict in the future.

Oh and thanks for the link and for telling me about your coming "announcement". I'm gonna download the other store updates now and wait for your announcement for Store fixes. cheers 

Hello again,

You are welcome. Smile  But you might want to check out this other thread here, for a preliminary assessment on that issue (feel free to answer the poll and/or post your feedback there too):

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t17462-possible-issues-with-store-fixes

That's my "Announcement"-thread I mentioned before.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top