Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Problem With 1.67 version and The Extensions on MAC

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Problem With 1.67 version and The Extensions on MAC Empty Sims 3 Problem With 1.67 version and The Extensions on MAC

Post by Guest Wed 27 Aug 2014, 17:33

Hello! 
I have the Sims 3 MAC since 2009, and I've just restarted to play so I installed the last patch 1.67 and it works perfectly. But, after I download the Sims 3 university and when I was installing it, a message appears that said that I have a higher version of the sims 3 so it may be have some problems but I don't paid attention to this. When everything was done, I press the start button, I thought it was working but few seconds later the screen became black and nothing was happening.. So now I can't play Sad 

If someone can help me it would be really nice! Or if you have a link for the extensions but for the 1.67 version of TS3 for MAC. 

Thxx
(I'm French btw so please excuse me if I made any mistakes!)

Mod edit: Topic moved to "Mac support".

- Carlos

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Problem With 1.67 version and The Extensions on MAC Empty Re: Sims 3 Problem With 1.67 version and The Extensions on MAC

Post by Guest Wed 27 Aug 2014, 18:36

Salut Alicengt Smile ( I speak french too Smile )

Welcome to G4TW and just so you know, there is a Mac section in here. Awesome Wink

First thing first :
The message you got of having an higher version is normal. It is not a problem.

Did you re-patch after installing University ? You should. That might just solve your problem.

Now, I'm not sure I'm understanding your last query : you are asking for the expansion for mac ? Know that the game is hybrid : on G4TW you'll find complete expansion, so they are good for mac and for pc. 
To know if your expansion is good, you need to look at the size. University for example needs to be 2,94GB

Last edited by coffeejunkie on Wed 27 Aug 2014, 18:55; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Problem With 1.67 version and The Extensions on MAC Empty Re: Sims 3 Problem With 1.67 version and The Extensions on MAC

Post by Guest Wed 27 Aug 2014, 18:42

Good to know, thanks! Smile 

So, did I need to re-download the patch or just re-done the "update" that I already have? 

Yeah it wasn't really clear haha! I was asking for the expansions for mac but updated for the last version (1.67). 

My expansion for university was 5,61GB, on torrent411!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Aug 2014, 18:53

My bad than probably for the size of the expansion ... Well, there that might be an example ! If the size if way too small, than the expansion is trimmed down, for PC only. Not good !
EDIT : or it might be cracks included in your torrent that makes it go to 5 ... the fast researches I made gave me 2gb but I don't have it installed right now to confirm that Smile

But, the expansions aren't updated by EA, the patches do that for them and for us Smile

You don't need to download the patch again if you still have it, just apply it again. It might tell you it is already updated but never mind it and do it anyway Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Aug 2014, 19:04

I download it from here : torrent411

Okay. I just did it again! Smile 

Now they are telling me that I need to insert the CD of the sims 3 University to play Sad idk what to do

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Aug 2014, 19:39

That means you need the crack, the no-cd. You'll need a No-CD for 1.67, so the one included with University will connect with the University version. 

You can found one here, on G4TW ( they are all the same you know Wink )

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems

EDIT : AH ! It could be because you re-patched on a cracked game ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Aug 2014, 02:53

Thanks so much for ur time! Everything works now! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Aug 2014, 20:12

Anything else we can help you with?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top