Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 4.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 4. - Page 2 Empty The Sims 4.

Post by Guest Thu 04 Sep 2014, 11:19

First topic message reminder :

Hello Community and all, In this review I will be discussing some of my opinions on the new game Sims 4

So lets get down to it, first up the Pros:

1. Cartoonish and slick graphics
2. New interface moods
3. Quests in social events
4. Better Character Customization 
5. Multi-tasking
(I'm really sorry, I don't know what other good things there are, please don't hate this is just purely my opinion, everyone is obliged to their own opinion)

Cons:
1. Boring, I didn't find it engaging nor interesting at all.
2. The game isnt a whole map, its disected in to parts, so if you want to go to the park you'll need to load into another map. (doesnt load any faster, some argue it's good some say it's bad, I mean come on don't you want to hover around the town to spy on what sims is doing what at all in the public?)
3.When your Sim goes to work, you can't check his status (edit: no choices random events pop up at the work place, e.g. do you want to stay back at work to get increased work performance?)can't do anything (sims 3 had chances at work where you could choose) Very shallow progression in jobs.
4. Boring Careers, less careers than Sims 3
5. Dull and less items (COME ON NO DISHWASHERS OR HOT TUBS, NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!)
6. No goal in the whole entire game,
7. GAME KEEPS CRASHING
8. GAME HAS BUGS
9. No skill Books
10. Less skills to master, which is just sigh.....
11. So many less features (e.g. toodlers, pools and FAMILY TREEES?????)

So this is just my opinion so feel free to discuss after you played it! Hope you enjoy it better than I did! Hammertime

Last edited by Jazzro on Fri 05 Sep 2014, 08:02; edited 4 times in total

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Sims 4.

Post by Guest Sat 06 Sep 2014, 20:00

anonymouse wrote:
Jazzro wrote:Oh hi,

2. Well you can go to the park meet up with your neighbors and friends all that is accessible, but the map is smaller and if you want to go to a neighbors, it'll go into another loading screen, and you are restricted in that lot unless you  load to another map/lot.

3. Yea same, but was a bit disappointing

5. So true

6. i crossed it out, there are life aspirations and goals, when i meant goals i meant more ways of living and playing, like having more things to do, the careers paths don't productive that, so that why i meant lack of goal

11. EA is getting more and more ridiculous

Opinion: IF you are going to buy it, torrent it first then try it, you might find it a lot different to SIMS 3, SO DIFFERENT, and its 90 dollars for the deluxe edition for all I stated above, so don't buy it and regret it, try it first, if might not be as bad as i stated, but what i said above were clearly neutral statements from the gameplay i experienced
Sad i might not get it because of 2.
Loading screens just doesn't make the game feel all that engaging.. which is why i love 3. felt more like a neighborhood to me. >.>
I think I already knew what's coming behind those loading screen. I think maybe in the future those loading screen will be the bridge for the online features where you can visit your friends house through online and probably the 2nd reason is to prevent LAG/Crash/Stutter.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Sep 2014, 21:24

cagil99 wrote:Hello,
If we look from torrenters, I mean the people that play game for free, game is ridiculous Razz I am loving it so far, multitasking, emotions and stuff.
But when we look from the customer side, 40$ for this base game with not even pools and toddlers? Nope. I wouldnt buy it.

$80 to be precise
I saw the game at €32 at G2a.com and it is safe place to buy games as far as I know

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Sep 2014, 03:03

In the Sims 1 and the Sims 2 technically you could visit other places, but I hated that because the loading screens so I was almost always stuck at home.

I love the Sims 3 because I feel actually free there, like playing Zelda, Minecraft or other videogames. I can visit any place any time and I don't feel so stuck with the house.

I will try the Sims 4 eventually, but I doubt I will like it if there are loading screens within the neighbourhood.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Sep 2014, 08:24

Enric wrote:In the Sims 1 and the Sims 2 technically you could visit other places, but I hated that because the loading screens so I was almost always stuck at home.

I love the Sims 3 because I feel actually free there, like playing Zelda, Minecraft or other videogames. I can visit any place any time and I don't feel so stuck with the house.

I will try the Sims 4 eventually, but I doubt I will like it if there are loading screens within the neighbourhood.

Everything I've read thus far seems to confirm there are loading screens. Supposably the town is split into small parts. and those small parts contains several lots. To get to the other parts of towns, you have to go through a loading screen.

This is a HUGE step back..

I loved the immersion from sims 3. I actually enjoyed seeing my sim in their car/bike/hoverboard or running/walking from A to B. 
I did not enjoy loading screens at all. which is why i never really enjoyed the previous games.

Thing i enjoy most about the open world is being able to do so many things at once. .1 sim is at home. 1 is at the gym. 1 is at the library. etc. Sad

- another thing I read about was that other NPC don't really do anything. They dont' get married, get in a relationship, etc. There's no autonomy for them.  Kind of makes it feel less immersive when nothing is really going on.

I'm slowly losing interest in playing the game. I will still play it when it's released. But the interest is slowly fading.

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4. - Page 2 Empty Liked.

Post by Guest Sat 27 Jun 2015, 18:37

I liked the game, but.........
theyshould create new gameplays in the game, like control the sim at work, see the sim at work, school, etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Nov 2016, 05:12

Might be a bit late to post an opinion. but im pretty sure EA wanted everyone to have a chance to play the sims 4 and not limit it to people with beefy PC's, as I like to call them. Like The_gh0stm4n previously mentioned, they didn't want it "Processor Intensive" I mean you might have a fast computer, but there are more unfortunate people out there.

You haven't really let the sims get to its full potential either, not all expansions or stuff packs are released yet!

I'm obligated to my own opinion as you said,
thats my opinion, yes I am getting bored of it, but I love making stories still Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Dec 2016, 09:14

The best thing about reading the complainst from the first few months of the game's release is seeing how all of that 95% of the things that people complained were missing was later added to the game. Either that or the modding community gave us things that are close to that. All in all, I think most people were to influenced by both nostalgia and the fact that they compared the sims 4 to an already finished game which of course has way more content.

Personally the Sims 4 is the reason why I got interested in the sims. The previous games never caught my attention. And one more unpopular opinion from me, the sims look really ugly in the sims 3 and the sims from the sims 4 are way better in every way, I really like the slightly cartoony look, unlike in the sims 3 when they looked like walking mannequins.

My main complaint about the sims 4 is that it is very overpriced, which is why I can't afford the game and have to play cracked verisonns of it. A lot of the stuff packs could have been just part of the game, but then again, wanting to get as much money as possible is the reason for this....

Also I'm quite sure that a supernatural expansion is coming for the sims 4 next. The new changes to the aliens in the create the sims are quite a good hint that other life forms are going to be added in the future.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 07 Dec 2016, 19:34

To me, TS4 wasn't that interesting when it first came out, because at the time I finally had a decent PC and could finally play TS3 with all its add-ons and I'm still at it to be honest...
I haven't been able to fully explore the game still, possibly because I am building a world and I have little free time to work on it.
I am however planning on starting TS4 after the latest game version has been cracked, if only so that I can give proper support for it.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 21 Jan 2017, 21:32

Each to it's own offcourse, but i don't dig those cartoony like graphics. It doesn't fit, especially the neighbourhood not. It's like it's made in Ren'Py. I rather have the graphics of TS2 and TS3 anytime above this kind of stuff. There the towns does look like towns, especially in TS3 is that the case. Sure, the loading in TS3 takes time and by default it has routing issues (the cultprit of the lag)
As for the sims in previous games i don't agree with that. Ok, sims in TS3 do have too much bloom on them, hence why they are called pudding sims. Luckily there are skins made for that. I use the default replacement from Buffy. With that the pudding effect is gone. Sims in ts2 and ts3 do look good though. Only the standard hairs are mostly ugly. In ts2 you have this spikey hairs, making sims look like hedgehogs. Long live cc makers such as Anto and Newsea for making custom hairs and retexturers such as Anubis, Elexis and Martini for fixing them.
Yep, the price for TS4 is way too high, especially for what you get. There was a sale though till 12th January on Origin. Next to that there are other sources to get the game for cheaper. It ain't worth those 60 dollars or euros, since many things were stripped.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top