Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Missing Text / Launch Screen Graphics / Other Issues

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Missing Text / Launch Screen Graphics / Other Issues - Page 2 Empty Missing Text / Launch Screen Graphics / Other Issues

Post by Guest Mon 15 Sep 2014, 00:46

First topic message reminder :

Hi, everyone!

Firstly, I want to thank you all for providing an easy-access resource for all of us that just want to play a game. I appreciate your efforts!

Secondly, please help. IAmSoHappyEmergahwd I literally spent a 15-hour day yesterday downloading, redownloading (hash fails), installing, reinstalling, and scouring these forums and the internet for solutions to my problems. When I first got everything installed, I started the game up with no issues - resolution was good, graphics were great, everything. The in-game loading screen was black with no graphics, and the text at the bottom was layering on top of itself, but I didn't think much of it. I got to the main menu and was presented with my two saved games; I went to the options menu just for kicks, but quickly realized that some text was missing from different tabs, and some tabs just had check boxes and nothing else. I shrugged, clicked my saved game, and the play button. I was presented with a pop-up with two buttons, no text whatsoever.

I closed out, did a ton of research, and tried again (uninstall/reinstall). Same result, though the resolution was now slightly smaller, which is odd as it was fine on the first install. Today I did another uninstall and tried a slightly different method of reinstall. Everything came out fine as usual, but had the same result upon entering the game. I'm sure you understand, but it's just so extremely frustrating, especially considering I've spent two entire days on this and all of the guides and various advice are actually really conflicting.

Here are the steps I've taken on each install (board won't let me post links yet, sorry 'bout that):

Install 1
Followed the "How to install The Sims 3 correctly" thread's instructions to the T.
1) Downloaded the The Sims™️ 3.app.zip base game from TPB - as per the Sims_3_Mac_Guide.pdf-  as well as G4TW copies of World Adventures, High End Loft Stuff, Fast Lane Stuff, and Generations.
2) I downloaded the Vitality iso of Ambitions and Reloaded iso of Late Night
3) Unpacked base game, copied to Applications folder, and updated via the manual patch (1.67) found on this site (as per PDF guide)
4) Started installing expansions in release order (WA, HELS, Ambitions, FLS, Late Night, Generations)
5) Ran the manual patch again
6) Copied the #Crack files from the Ultimate Fix to the Sims 3 Bin folder (base game)
7) Everything works..until issues arise as described above

Uninstalled everything via Sims 3 Uninstaller, deleted Preferences folder, Cache folder(s), any leftover stuff..

Install 2
More or less the same as Install 1, except some expansions did not install, albeit a successful install process. Didn't realize this until I started Launcher after installing Generations.

After reading through a lot of threads, I came across a thread with some contrary instructions and thought I'd try them and see what happens.
intropella wrote:2. Install the expansions
3. Use the #Crack that was provided in the expansions folder that was part of the download. (crack that came in the download)
4. Open Launcher (Check if the expansion was successfully installed /see if icon is listed/) if not, try to reinstall.
(DO NOT PLAY SIMS!!)
5. Close Launcher
6. Now use the crack in the #Crack folder in the Ultimate Fix you download from Games4world. (replacing the crack from the .dmg)

Please read carefully, I've stated multiple times. I know it's frustrating, but it's important to read carefully and follow what you need to do.
I also downloaded the G4TW versions of Ambitions & Late Night. So all of the expansions and stuff packs I installed after Install 2 were from G4TW (excluding Outdoor Living Stuff because I did not want it).

Install 3
1) Installed base game
2) Updated via the Game Launcher (1.67)
3) Installed WA - used crack that came with WA
4) Opened Launcher to check it installed successfully
5) Installed HELS, Ambitions, FLS, Late Night, Generations (each time using the crack that came with the individual download, checking Launcher to assure installation, and moving onto the next pack)
6) After Generations, I copied over the #Crack files to the Sims 3 Bin folder
7) Met same issues when I launched the game

Phew. Thanks for bearing with me through all of that. Any ideas? WhatDidUJustCallMe? To be clear, I've combed through the Mac Install guide, the "How to install Sims 3 correctly" thread, and pretty much every other thread that describes the issues I'm experiencing. I saw a couple users were experiencing the exact same issue with the black in-game loading screen and no menu text, but so far have yet to come across a solution. I checked all of the registry files and they all had en-US and US set, as they should (in re: to the supposed "fix" for this issue). I've obviously done the uninstall/reinstalls, tried a few different methods...I'm just at a loss. It seems something is missing somewhere down the line for the graphics and text to go all wonky like that.

Anywho, I'm more than willing to do a screen share or whatever if that may help fix the problem. I've installed these games before (not using G4TW's methods) and never had these problems. Someone please help! And thank you in advance!

Back to top Go down

Missing Text / Launch Screen Graphics / Other Issues - Page 2 Empty Re: Missing Text / Launch Screen Graphics / Other Issues

Post by Guest Fri 19 Sep 2014, 05:34

Hm, then I guess you should download a different files then.
I recommend downloading this version on piratesbay " The Sims 3 Complete (Eng - Mac OS X)" (I downloaded this file, and I'm currently using it)
It has most expansions already installed up to Generation I believe.

If you want to install other EP please do follow my instruction below:

--I figured out how to make the sims work + updating + installing the other expansions via games4world--

1. Download this torrent
2. Download games4world Ultimate Fix (make sure it's up to date)
3. Update the sims 3 via Launcher (when it ask you to update, cancel it and then force update it)
4. Follow the instruction in the Ultimate Fix
--if having trouble--
-Go to the #Crack Folder
- Copy the two files
-Paste the 2 files in the destination folder in the instruction guide.

--Congratz! you just update your sims! It should work and you will have no problem with 'no cd" message…

How to install other expansions:
-------------------------------------
/ make sure install the expansion in order!!/

1. Follow the guide in games4world converting it into the .dmg
2. Install the expansions
3. Use the #Crack that was provided in the expansions folder that was part of the download
4. Open Launcher (Check if the expansion was successfully installed!DO NOT PLAY!!!!) if not, try to reinstall.
5. Close Launcher
6. Now use the crack in the #Crack folder in the Ultimate Fix you download from Games4world.
7. Done! Very Happy Happy playing!

Last edited by intropella on Fri 19 Sep 2014, 09:15; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Missing Text / Launch Screen Graphics / Other Issues - Page 2 Empty Re: Missing Text / Launch Screen Graphics / Other Issues

Post by Guest Fri 19 Sep 2014, 06:15

I've read that G4TW EPs and fixes don't work with Sims 3 "Collection" games, ie where all the games have been put together. Have you had any experiences with that? But if that's what you're using and it works, I'll download it and check it out.

Also, is it possible to install World Adventures after this?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Sep 2014, 06:23

Well the one I recommended, mainly use G4TW EP to make it complete package.
This download I refer to have all the EP up to Generation or showtime (I don't remember but you'll see it). So WA is already installed and done.

Mainly after you download that game, all you need to do it update it with the Ultimate Fix ^ the instruction I given.
If you want other EPs after Generation, then you must follow my instruction above.

I've download this torrent and update it with games4world ultimate fix.
Then I proceed installing all the EP after the last EP given (I think it's Generation or it could be Showtime)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Sep 2014, 06:33

Ah, WA was listed out of order, my mistake. Thanks! I'll let you know how it turns out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Sep 2014, 09:15

No problem!
Hope it works out! :]

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Sep 2014, 05:26

Okay, so got everything downloaded, updated and cracked (via Ultimate Fix #Crack folder) and when I started it up, I just got a black screen with black cursor. No music or anything. I let it sit for over and hour and a half and nothing. WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Sep 2014, 05:55

May I know your specs about your mac?
Macbook pro? Air?
Current OS?

Oh did you do a CLEAN uninstall before you installed the new sims 3?
Also you only cracked it from the #Crack Folder and nothing else? (Make sure you skip 3-9 in the instruction ONLY read 10 to 14)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Sep 2014, 06:45

MacBook Pro 2008, 4 GB RAM, OS X 10.6.8

I've run Sims 3 with some EPs on this computer before, with an earlier OS. I can't see how it'd be a problem now.

And yes, clean uninstall, deleted Preference and Cache files, all that.

Only used the #Crack files on the base game and nothing else.

Last edited by Heir on Sat 20 Sep 2014, 06:55; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Sep 2014, 06:53

Hm, did you play without any other application on the background?
How many GB left in your macbook?

The update is currently 1.67 ? Hm.. Try updating it again with the manual patch and see how that goes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Sep 2014, 06:56

I updated with the manual patch before because the launcher updater kept failing. I'll try it again..

I have about 15 GB free space currently, and no, nothing else running in the background.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Sep 2014, 07:02

So you followed:
"3. Update the sims 3 via Launcher (when it ask you to update, cancel it and then force update it)"

and it couldn't update? It takes about couple tries to fully update it.

In my theory, I believe the 15GB could be too little for the mac to function properly for the sims 3 to be playable. I could be wrong, but that's my theory..
I know the ram isn't the problem since I'm using a 4GB ram as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Sep 2014, 07:18

Yeah, it would download forever and then while it was either extracting or verifying it just stopped and returned to the launcher, but it didn't give my hard drive space back. When I restarted the launcher it would have the same version number from before I attempted updating. Updated with manual patch, no problems.

I don't think the 15 GB has anything to do with it. I guess I'm just done trying G4TW games or methods cause nothing has worked for me so far. WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Would anyone be able to tell me how many bytes are in the "The Sims 3 Complete (Eng - Mac OS X)" zip file? That might help determine if it was a corrupt download.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Sep 2014, 07:27

It said 17.28 GB.
Hm have you attempted playing it without the update yet?
It should work if you just leave it alone when it was outdated. It worked perfectly for me when I try playing outdated version.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Sep 2014, 07:41

I want to know how many individual bytes after a complete download, though, as that will indicate if a complete download for someone else is the same for me.

Do I have to completely uninstall in order to play without the update?

Also, do I still use Ultimate Fix before playing if I don't update?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Sep 2014, 07:49

No you don't use the Ultimate Fix before the update.
Yes I believe you need to uninstall. Simply as that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Sep 2014, 01:32

Okay, so I did a clean uninstall and unpacked the .zip again. Didn't update, tried playing without doing anything to any of the files, and got a "no cd" error message. So I tried the "everything after Generations" crack files, still got the message. Copied over the #Crack files and the game started up. The game sat on a black screen for a good 45 minutes, then it came back to the desktop with a Sims 3 message that said something about some "modifications" I was using were not compatible with my version of the Sims and may cause errors or bugs. It gave me the option to play anyway so I said yes, and it went to the game loading screen - I saw the graphics and everything this time, so that was an improvement.

It took about another 45 minutes to load, and once at the menu screen everything looked fine except for the lack of text...again. I tried to go to the Options menu but the pop-up menu didn't have any text, either. I tried to just start a new game and press the play button but nothing happened. I quit, checked out the registry files (as per the fix presented on this site) - and some of them had NL set for language/country. I changed everything to en-US and US, tried again, and same situation when I got to the game menu.

I'm not using any modifications - I took my Sims 3 data files (saved games, etc) out of the Electronic Arts folder, renamed it, etc so nothing would conflict. So I dunno if I'm getting that message because I didn't update the game, or what. But I'm kind of over it by now, so unless someone has any solid fixes for this problem, I think I'm done trying. WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Sep 2014, 01:43

dont use "everythjig from generation" crack files. use theone in the #crack folder. the rest of the folder crack are pretty much useless in the first place.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 22 Sep 2014, 02:32

I already said the only way I was able to play the game is by using the #Crack files, rewriting the other files I copied.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top