Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

StuffitExpander unable to determine the file format [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

StuffitExpander unable to determine the file format [SOLVED] Empty StuffitExpander unable to determine the file format [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 26 Sep 2014, 17:13

Hi there

Today I tried installing The Sims 3 Seasons on my Mac laptop, I already have the .rar of the TS3 Season and the StuffitExpander. A helper has been helping (duh) me but we got stuck even when we were following all the steps from the Mac guide.

:: I downloaded the game with uTorrent
:: I used the StuffitExpander to put the .rar document with my other documents
:: Then I tried to extract the .rar document into my Seasons document
:: Then I gave me the "StuffitExpander can't determine the file format"

Here are some pictures to show what happened.

This is the .rar document with its content

StuffitExpander unable to determine the file format [SOLVED] Scherm11

Selecting everything using the StuffitExpander (with shift+clicking > can't select the other documents :\)

StuffitExpander unable to determine the file format [SOLVED] Scherm13

This is where it can't determine the file format.. Behold the message.

StuffitExpander unable to determine the file format [SOLVED] Scherm14

If anyone could help me.. That would be great. Smile

Last edited by callsim on Sat 27 Sep 2014, 11:55; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

StuffitExpander unable to determine the file format [SOLVED] Empty Re: StuffitExpander unable to determine the file format [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 27 Sep 2014, 09:03

Hm.. I'm not sure what you're trying to do, but I believe you already extracted the file because it looks like everything is there. I believe you mean you want to move the files into your season folder? I think you want to do is making the .dmg from there.

Back to top Go down

StuffitExpander unable to determine the file format [SOLVED] Empty Re: StuffitExpander unable to determine the file format [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 27 Sep 2014, 09:09

Are you saying I just need to copy paste the content into the Seasons folder (without the use of the StuffitExpander)?

I'm not sure what the StuffitExpander does.. aha.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 27 Sep 2014, 09:20

StuffitExpander is only for extracting .rar/.zip files or any compressed files that they could use. Since you you already extract it, all you have to do it just select all and move all the content onto the folder. But you don't need to though, since you need to make the .dmg file. Which should be exported to your season folder if you want.
Please follow the guide on how to make the EP into the .dmg. Thanks. :]

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 27 Sep 2014, 10:01

See, I thought I did that already.

Alright, but now I have a problem with the next step. How and where do I check the file size?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 27 Sep 2014, 10:03

What do you mean?
Haha sorry, I'm currently not in my main computer anymore so I don't have instruction with me (in college). Therefore, I have no idea what you're talking about. Please tell me really really specific detail. Thank you!

---
Oh the file size?
You right click the folder and click "Get Info"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 27 Sep 2014, 10:56

Alright, and now I need to copy TS3W.exe and TSLHost.dll and paste them somewhere.

Guide says:
Navigate to Contents>Resources>transgaming>c_drive>Program Files>Electronic Arts>The Sims 3>Game>Bin

I get as far as The Sims 3, but then there's no "Game"

StuffitExpander unable to determine the file format [SOLVED] Scherm15

//EDIT

Ahh, I figured it out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top