Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Several questions: Custom Content

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Several questions: Custom Content Empty Several questions: Custom Content

Post by Guest Tue 30 Sep 2014, 18:47

Hiya, finally able to play TS3 Seasons, thanks for that.

Now I have a problem from before downloading Seasons, with some cc that I have.

First of all, how do I delete that cannot be found inside the launcher?
Like so...

Several questions: Custom Content Scherm18

And next, how do I know which custom content is compatible with my game?
Does it look like this? (

Several questions: Custom Content Scherm19

Thanks for helping!

Back to top Go down

Several questions: Custom Content Empty Re: Several questions: Custom Content

Post by Phoebe Tue 30 Sep 2014, 20:05

Hello callsim,

If a cc isn't visible in your launchar then you probably it is in your mods folder. Personally I am really strict about custom content, as it's really hard to identify and remove them in a Macbook so simply I don't download unidentified ones, and I am tagging every piece of cc.

For your problem, Crinrict has a really good blog about all common problems. You can visit here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/HOW-TO-Find-and-remove-bad-custom-content-CC/td-p/2759940

If nothing works for you, please let us know again. Good luck!
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 Sep 2014, 22:09

Honestly thank you very much for trying to help, but that guide is not suitable for Mac since most methods require Custard or are focused on Windows.

I need a guide that tells me how to delete CC that does't show up in the launcher (second picture) for Mac.

I feel like I should either delete all custom content or just reset the game.. haha.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 Oct 2014, 13:49

Well. You can't know from the Launcher if something is suitable for your game version or not, you can only know it from the source your download. Most of the time it is written which game version and/or expansion is needed.

As for CC you can't delete from the game or the launcher, you'll have to hunt them down one piece at the time.

This is why Phoebe and others ( I do it too ) tag every bit of CC downloaded and installed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 Oct 2014, 17:25

Well, since it's a little late for me to go around and name them, is there a way for me to figure out which is which?

Also, where do I find the cc that can't be uninstalled from the launcher? And what happens if I delete all my savedsims from my SavedSims folder?

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Fri 03 Oct 2014, 11:18

Hello,

I am sorry bur there is n o possible way to identify the already installed CCs. You need to start over and tag them one by one to be sure about... I know it is such a big pain. We all were there WhatDidUJustCallMe?

For that reason, I always prefer installing .package files then .pack files. Because tagging is simple and I know when I added them to Mods files so if I encounter with a problem, ı simply delete all the newldy added CC's to solve the error. 

Second of all, nothing happens except losing your saved sims. If you want to delete your saved sims, or the downloaded ones, you can delete your saved sims file.
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Oct 2014, 13:26

So I should just delete all the files that I have? Or can I back them up and do something else?

Also, you're both talking about tagging your cc, but I have trouble locating them.. In my Downloads folder then are a lot of .sims3packs, are they the cc? (The ones you tag) Or do you find them in your Mods folder? Because I only have 5 files in that one..

I have this feeling I screwed up big time in the beginning of my game :\

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Oct 2014, 18:12

You can rename your The Sims 3 folder ( the one inside your Documents > Electronic Arts ) the game will generate a new fresh one and from there, restart from scratch.

As for tagging, you can tag both those in your Mod folders than those into your Download folder.

I know I use a combination or renaming the files with the creator and the object, it is easier if the object comes from a specific set. i.e. : Creator - Object Blabla
I also use the color tag from mac : all words are tag like : [TS3 World] - Riverview  and they are with a purple tag. Thus when I'm looking into my folder for something buggy, I can sort by tag easily.

You have to find your way to tag the whole thing so you can find your stuff the most easy way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Oct 2014, 19:16

I feel sad knowing I should restart soon.. Aha.

And I'm guessing that somehow saving sims and using them in my new game will only damage the new game? Ahh, I have a hard time accepting my fate, haha..

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe Fri 03 Oct 2014, 19:34

I know it looks like so many stuff to do, but after tagging your CCs with colors and different names, it will be error free Smile
Phoebe
Phoebe
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Oct 2014, 20:32

I'll have to do it.. sooner or late.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Oct 2014, 23:07

If you intend on cleaning all your CC at the same time, indeed, moving your saved game won't be a good idea. Otherwise, you can do so, knowing it is The Sims ...

I know how you feel. We keep cleaning up the CC backup folder we have at home for 3 - Sims 3 installation. It is such a pain when one of us want to add something ! But managing that folder of CC kept us from so many bug !

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Oct 2014, 19:24

So, step by step, to clean my TS3 game..
- Rename the TS3 folder (to anything like "cats"?)
- ...?

What happens after that? Do you need to delete that folder ("cats") after the new folder has been regenerated? Does it regenerate by opening the launcher?

Also, when do you decide to delete CC? When there's a bug or..?
I have so many questions. And Phoebe, how do you identify CC?

//EDIT

Well, since this is an unsolvable problem, we could say I'm done.
I renamed the The Sims 3 folder and started from scratch. Problem is not solved, but I am done. Several questions: Custom Content Icon_smile

Thank you all for your time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top