Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Entry Point Not Found

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Entry Point Not Found Empty Entry Point Not Found

Post by Guest Wed 03 Dec 2014, 08:48

Hi,

I tried installing The Sims 4, but it failed. And I tried all the methods that posted in the forum. But still, I get 2 pop-up messages saying "The procedure entry point GetLogicalProcessorInformation could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll" and "The dynamic library "rld.dll" failed to initialize (E1103)." back to back. I've tried turning off my anti-virus firewall, as well as copy-paste the ultimate fix, reinstalled again for several times, still the two messages keep appearing. I need help. Sad

P.S: Im using Windows XP, not sure whether it affects the installation.

Thanks in advance. Smile

Back to top Go down

Entry Point Not Found Empty Re: Entry Point Not Found

Post by Guest Wed 03 Dec 2014, 11:11

Hi there, and welcome to the Games4theworld Forum! Smile

We'll focus on the first error message first. Are you by any chance running Windows XP (SP2)? Keep in mind that one of the minimum requirements is that you have Windows XP with Service Pack 3 installed.
Please, go to Windows Update in your system and install all the latest updates. Get at least the one for SP3, but installing them all is recommended.

After that, try again. You may need to uninstall and reinstall the game afterwards. Good luck, and please let us know how it goes! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Dec 2014, 16:10

Yeah yeahh. My window xp's version is SP2. I tried updating, but it couldnt. I guess, thats the main problem that cause the installation failure. Sad 

Thanks anyway! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Dec 2014, 16:15

chickenburgar wrote:Yeah yeahh. My window xp's version is SP2. I tried updating, but it couldnt. I guess, thats the main problem that cause the installation failure. Sad 

Thanks anyway! Smile

Well, if you are having problems installing the Service Pack 3, you may want to take a look at this page:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/help/learn-how-to-install-windows-xp-service-pack-3-sp3

It mentions a process of manually downloading and installing SP3. But keep in mind that it's not available if you are using a 64-bit version of Windows XP. Another option is to upgrade your OS and go directly to Windows 7 (or Windows 8.1, if you prefer). You can find downloads for those in our page here:
http://www.games4theworld.org/downloads.html
But that's your call, of course.

Do let us know if you want to continue trying to solve the problem. Good luck! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top