Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Complete Collection not working on mac

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Complete Collection not working on mac Empty Sims 3 Complete Collection not working on mac

Post by Guest Sun 14 Dec 2014, 15:14

Hello! I just finished downloading the Sims 3 Complete Collection and it doesn't let me open any of the installers. Is there something special I should be doing? The instructions are all for PC.

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Complete Collection not working on mac Empty Re: Sims 3 Complete Collection not working on mac

Post by Guest Fri 19 Dec 2014, 04:48

Hi there, the Sims 3 Complete Collection is not for Mac!
For mac, you have to individually install each expansion mac manually, please refer to the Mac guide.
CLICK HERE

edit: I download this file myself and install the program myself, and it works!
Here's my mini guide/tutorial installing the Base Game!

1. After download you MUST open with Stuffit Expander
2. After extracting all the file, make a .dmg file with disk utility
   a. more info how go to here "CLICK HERE" <- scroll down to the bottom
3. Install Sims 3 
   a. serial key inside the "Installation Guide"
4. Download Manual Patch
5. Click on the Manual Patch and it does it for you.
6. Done! You can play the sims 3 base game!

If you want to install the expansion, follow the guide"CLICK HERE" . It is basically the same process I have provided, but you do not need to use the manual patch, instead you need to replace the files from the #Crack Folder to the base game.

!! When you install the EP make sure you INSTALL IN RELEASE ORDER! If you do know you can go here
http://help.ea.com/en/article/the-sims-3-installation-order/

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Complete Collection not working on mac Empty Re: Sims 3 Complete Collection not working on mac

Post by Guest Thu 01 Jan 2015, 18:12

I've extracted the .rar file with Stuffit Expander and followed your instructions, but I still can't open the installation app(I get a message that it can't be opened). I also can't download the mac version of the base game because pirate bay link doesn't work. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Jan 2015, 22:03

VagiaG wrote:I've extracted the .rar file with Stuffit Expander and followed your instructions, but I still can't open the installation app(I get a message that it can't be opened). I also can't download the mac version of the base game because pirate bay link doesn't work. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
Hello there, please make a new topic for your own problem. Anyways, please read the instruction carefully again. When you download the complete sims 3 collection, you need to convert the sims 3 base game to a .dmg file. Did you ever make the files into .dmg? If so, and you still have an error you must create the .dmg file again. That instruction is for the base game if you download the sims 3 collection.You need to make the base game into a .dmg with the disk utlilty. everything will be explain how to do it in the mac guide. Instead you just copy and paste all the files from the sims 3 base folder and paste it on to the .dmg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top