Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Switching from 3DM release to G4TW (Reloaded), will my savegames still work?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Switching from 3DM release to G4TW (Reloaded), will my savegames still work? Empty Switching from 3DM release to G4TW (Reloaded), will my savegames still work?

Post by Guest Mon 19 Jan 2015, 05:56

Hey guys,

I decided it's high time to get the Reloaded version of the game, since they're releasing the updates first, which may or may not always work with the 3DM game.

So a couple of questions:

- If I download the Sims 4 base game from the g4tw/downloads main website page, and then apply the Ultimate Fix (from it's thread), I'll have the latest game version, correct? No need for the other updates, as I understand it.

- Will my savegames still work (as long as I copy Documents/EA/The Sims 4/saves to another location before installing)? If not, I'd probably wait a bit before getting the G4TW version.

Cheers. Smile

Back to top Go down

Switching from 3DM release to G4TW (Reloaded), will my savegames still work? Empty Re: Switching from 3DM release to G4TW (Reloaded), will my savegames still work?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 19 Jan 2015, 11:24

morkeus wrote:Hey guys,

I decided it's high time to get the Reloaded version of the game, since they're releasing the updates first, which may or may not always work with the 3DM game.

So a couple of questions:

- If I download the Sims 4 base game from the g4tw/downloads main website page, and then apply the Ultimate Fix (from it's thread), I'll have the latest game version, correct? No need for the other updates, as I understand it.

- Will my savegames still work (as long as I copy Documents/EA/The Sims 4/saves to another location before installing)? If not, I'd probably wait a bit before getting the G4TW version.

Cheers. Smile

Hello morkeus,

Yes, you'll have the latest version of the game (unless stated otherwise) when using G4TW's Ultimate fix. At this moment, it's the latest version again.

Also, I saw it firsthand: I un-installed the 3DM game for someone and installed the G4TW game. When starting the game, the saves were still there, without me having to do anything special about that.

If you want to be really careful though, go to (My) Documents/Electronic Arts and copy the folder "The Sims 4" to a safe place, before installing the game from G4TW. But other than that, there is nothing special to do. Just install the game from G4TW, and upon starting the game, you should still have your old saves, from the 3DM game.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Switching from 3DM release to G4TW (Reloaded), will my savegames still work? Empty Re: Switching from 3DM release to G4TW (Reloaded), will my savegames still work?

Post by Admin Mon 19 Jan 2015, 11:32

Hello,

That's correct, you'll have the latest game version if you apply the Ultimate Fix.
Make sure that you remove the 3DM version completely (also remove leftover files manually!) and restart your PC afterwards.

Your savegames will work with the new version just fine. They can indeed be found in: Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\ . Make a copy of that folder and store it in a safe place. Then put it back after installing the new version.

//EDIT

Ah, Carlos beat me. Carlos is tha man
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Jan 2015, 05:44

Great. Smile Thanks, guys!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 20 Jan 2015, 05:49

morkeus wrote:Great. Smile Thanks, guys!

Do you have any other questions or can I close the thread ? Or should I leave it open for the time being ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top