Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Infinite Loading Screen [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Infinite Loading Screen [SOLVED] Empty Infinite Loading Screen [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 30 Jan 2015, 00:29

Hello, downloaded yesterday the Fix + GP, made a fresh installation of TS4, took off all mods and such.
After installing apllied Ultimate Fix, Loaded everything ok but when hitting play to go to manage worlds there's a infinite loading screen.

Some considerations:

My game isnt installed in the default folder of the installation program, e.g. instead of C:\Program Files\Eletronic Arts\... It's in a Custom destination.
My Pc can play this with no problem at all! i5 3570k + R9 290 + 8GB Ram
Deleted all my saves, as I said I made a fresh installation of the game!

Thank You if stop by to help! ^^

Back to top Go down

Infinite Loading Screen [SOLVED] Empty Re: Infinite Loading Screen [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 30 Jan 2015, 17:54

ANDREWjkl wrote:Hello, downloaded yesterday the Fix + GP, made a fresh installation of TS4, took off all mods and such.
After installing apllied Ultimate Fix, Loaded everything ok but when hitting play to go to manage worlds there's a infinite loading screen.

Some considerations:

My game isnt installed in the default folder of the installation program, e.g. instead of C:\Program Files\Eletronic Arts\... It's in a Custom destination.
My Pc can play this with no problem at all! i5 3570k + R9 290 + 8GB Ram
Deleted all my saves, as I said I made a fresh installation of the game!

Thank You if stop by to help! ^^

Hello ANDREWjkl,

If there was a problem with your install location, you probably wouldn't be able to run the game at all. Also, my computer is weaker than yours, but I can play the game at max. settings with no lag or issues whatsoever. 

Have you tried renaming the folder "The Sims 4", located in Documents/Electronic Arts ? Also, can you try running the game as Administrator (right-click, select "run as Administrator) ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 31 Jan 2015, 02:14

Still nothing, made both of the sugestions and no progess, if only there was a log archive to analise it.
Ty for the help tough. ^^

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 04 Feb 2015, 16:55

ANDREWjkl wrote:Still nothing, made both of the sugestions and no progess, if only there was a log archive to analise it.
Ty for the help tough. ^^

Sorry for the late reply,

If I were to make a guess, I would hint at the anti-virus program(s) you have. They might have received new "virus signature updates" and are hence messing with the crack of TS4. In which case (I hope you already added the install location of the game to the "exclusions" ?), you should try re-extracting the contents of your Ultimate fix .RAR, directly into the install location of the game. Remember, extract the stuff from the .RAR directly into the install location.

Then try the game again.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Feb 2015, 17:35

Already done it, when I had installed 3DM version, I thinking about going back to TS3 because this is getting quite silly!
Ty for your help, I'll try to solve this by myself to not take your time. When happens any updates I'll let you know!

Infinite Loading Screen [SOLVED] D07dcf7ca9f1f8a676562320762ecb77

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 04 Feb 2015, 17:55

ANDREWjkl wrote:Already done it, when I had installed 3DM version, I thinking about going back to TS3 because this is getting quite silly!
Ty for your help, I'll try to solve this by myself to not take your time. When happens any updates I'll let you know!

Sorry I couldn't help more in your case. Sometimes it really seems that the game either works or it doesn't.

WhatDidUJustCallMe? 

If anything does change, do let us know though ! Smile  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Feb 2015, 19:06

Carlos wrote:
ANDREWjkl wrote:Already done it, when I had installed 3DM version, I thinking about going back to TS3 because this is getting quite silly!

Sorry I couldn't help more in your case. Sometimes it really seems that the game either works or it doesn't.

WhatDidUJustCallMe? 

If anything does change, do let us know though ! Smile  

You did all you could! Since this is "only" happening to me there must sth wrong with the installation or anything else, and this is rather strange the game was working properly before this last fix and before this fresh install I made.
But there's nothing certain.

Ty for the help!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Feb 2015, 23:12

Have you tried rolling back to a previous ultimate fix to see if that may be the problem?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Feb 2015, 19:27

Yes, I have, and still no progress, even tried getting old updates from RELOADED.
Ty for asking though! ^^

//EDIT

UPDATE!

Got it working! It seems there was a problem with the G4TW so I downloaded the RELOADED.
About the G4TW Release when I choose to install into my K drive the setup forces the game to installed into my C drive which there's no space available, I only use this HD for my PC system and some programs, my K, D and H drive are for huge programs such as videos(TV series), Games and etc...
These two pic what is the issue happening to me!
Ty

Infinite Loading Screen [SOLVED] Kdrive10

Infinite Loading Screen [SOLVED] Kdrive11

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 09 Feb 2015, 00:28

Thanks for letting us know ! Though that looks highly weird (you could have also moved the game install folder, and then edited a few registry entries, in order to have it on a different drive).

If the theory is that the problem was due to low filespace, you will need to free up space anyway sooner or later, because by default, your saves, mods, CC and the like will be saved on the C: drive still. 

//EDIT

Also, it would be a good idea to have a few extra GBs of free file space on your C: drive, in order to ensure a degree of (operating) system stability.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Feb 2015, 00:40

Yes I know, but the Documents folder can be copied to any Drive and it works, it's a Windows function.
About the registry, I have done it, and didn't worked.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 09 Feb 2015, 17:49

ANDREWjkl wrote:Yes I know, but the Documents folder can be copied to any Drive and it works, it's a Windows function. (...)

Do you mean this here ?
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t17437-redirecting-the-username-folder-the-sims-3-to-a-different-location

The reason I usually don't mention this method is because of the things that can go wrong, if you let your guard down, for even a second. You can screw around with the "symbolic link" itself, or the moved folder, etc. This method that I described is mainly intended for people who absolutely know what they are doing. I definitely don't recommned this for the average user.

And even so, if you don't have enough filespace for Sims 4, then you are really running low on space.

As for re-installing, note that from a technical point-of-view, both Games4TheWorld's game and the one from RELOADED are the same. Hence you might have been successful with re-installing the G4TW one too. 

But it's good to hear that your problem is solved now, anyways. Do you need anything else or can I close the thread ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Feb 2015, 17:55

You can close the thread! Very Happy
Dont you worry I know what I do, done this in my other computer sometime ago and worked pretty fine!
Ty for sharing the thread it might help me in the near future! 
See ya!

Helper edit: Problem solved, topic closed. Have fun!
-SeoY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top