Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New PC help system requirement. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New PC help system requirement. [SOLVED] Empty New PC help system requirement. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 14 Feb 2015, 17:23

Hi. My pc broke and I'm planning to buy a new one. My game before was ok but it could go way better. Can you tell me if this if enough:

Intel core i3
Nvidia gt610
4gb ram
600 power supply

Thats the best I could do at the moment. My budget is a bit tight. The video card is what I'm most concern about. L

Hope you guys could help. Thanks.

Btw, if that video card wont do, what do you recomment?

Back to top Go down

New PC help system requirement. [SOLVED] Empty Re: New PC help system requirement. [SOLVED]

Post by Admin Sat 14 Feb 2015, 17:49

Hello there,

What exactly is broken? Maybe you can just upgrade your old PC with some new components, since your budget is tight.
And what exactly do you want to do with the PC? If you only want to play Sims games for example, you don't need an extremely strong PC.

4GB RAM should be sufficient, but I'm worried about the i3 and the GT 610. If you want to do more "hardcore" gaming, go for one of the better i7s or even an AMD (I can't tell you much about those, since I've never used an AMD CPU before), and a GTX card instead.

600 Watt power should generally be enough, but you should really check what components you want exactly first. Based on all your other components, you can choose how much power you need. I recommend a PSU that has a high efficiency. CoolerMaster has good ones.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

New PC help system requirement. [SOLVED] Empty Re: New PC help system requirement. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 14 Feb 2015, 17:50

pauuchan wrote:Hi. My pc broke and I'm planning to buy a new one. My game before was ok but it could go way better. Can you tell me if this if enough:

Intel core i3
Nvidia gt610
4gb ram
600 power supply

Thats the best I could do at the moment. My budget is a bit tight. The video card is what I'm most concern about. L

Hope you guys could help. Thanks.

Btw, if that video card wont do, what do you recomment?

//MOVED

Hello pauuchan,

The question first of all is what you want to be able to do with that computer ? If you "just" want to play Sims games, then yes, it's enough. The only thing that strikes me as weird is the graphics card, which seemingly needs at least 300 Watts to run, and that card is not exactly high-end. But yes, many NVIDIA cards need lots of energy to run. Meaning: this will add to your power bill too, in the long run.

Yes, that system is OK, but I cannot "recommend" anything else in terms of graphics cards at this point and with that information. It depends on many things (motherboard, power supply, size of your desktop case, etc.). I myself used a Radeon HD7790, which has a similar performance to this NVIDIA GT610, but the HD7790 only needs a maximum of around 100 Watts (!!!), so much less energy than the card in your system. For a similar performance, again.  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Feb 2015, 18:20

Hi. Thanks for your reply guys. And sorry for getting back to you late.

I've already bought a new computer but instead of the NVIDIA, I got 2G RADEON HD 6570. With 4GB ram, 600 watts and Intel Core i3 (since I can't get i5). Base on simswiki, it'll do.

I only plan on playing Sims (with all settings on high. or probably on medium, I haven't tested yet cause I'm still downloading the latest manual patch cause mine is outdated) and do a little photoshop on my pc so I think it would suffice. Im not going to play anything "hardcore". Very Happy

Since I got a RADEON (though a different model) I hope that it'll cut on my electricity usage like HD7790.

My old computer simply wouldn't open. It keeps shutting down on me so Im not really sure whats wrong maybe its just too old and needs its final rest.  IAmSoHappyEmergahwd

Anyways, I really appreciate your reply. Thanks Admin and Carlos. games4theworld people are amazing! Smile
You can close this topic now.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 18 Feb 2015, 20:40

pauuchan wrote:Hi. Thanks for your reply guys. And sorry for getting back to you late.

I've already bought a new computer but instead of the NVIDIA, I got 2G RADEON HD 6570. With 4GB ram, 600 watts and Intel Core i3 (since I can't get i5). Base on simswiki, it'll do.

I only plan on playing Sims (with all settings on high. or probably on medium, I haven't tested yet cause I'm still downloading the latest manual patch cause mine is outdated) and do a little photoshop on my pc so I think it would suffice. Im not going to play anything "hardcore". Very Happy

Since I got a RADEON (though a different model) I hope that it'll cut on my electricity usage like HD7790.

My old computer simply wouldn't open. It keeps shutting down on me so Im not really sure whats wrong maybe its just too old and needs its final rest.  IAmSoHappyEmergahwd

Anyways, I really appreciate your reply. Thanks Admin and Carlos. games4theworld people are amazing! Smile
You can close this topic now.

Good choice ! Very Happy  The Radeon HD 6570 seemingly only needs a maximum of around 60 Watts (!). Much better than the NIVIDIA card. And you're very welcome of course.

If you want to ask anything else or want to chat more, feel free to open a new thread anytime. Have fun ! This topic is closed now. Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top