Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dogz 5 Installing problem. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dogz 5 Installing problem. [SOLVED] Empty Dogz 5 Installing problem. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 24 Mar 2015, 07:47

Hi,
I hope I'm posting this in the right place. I'm not too good at finding where to post problems I'm having.

I am having a problem installing Dogz 5 on my laptop. I searched the forums and found a couple of problems that were solved and the first problem was solved by following the instructions but the second problem, I cannot seem to fix.

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t6612-dogz-5-solved?highlight=Dogz+5 
This is the post that I don't quite understand. I have unzipped the entire contents of the file I download via your download page, and I have browsed to the folder where I unzipped it all but it still won't fine the file needed.
The picture shown in this post is exactly what is happening to me.

What am I doing wrong?
Installation keeps getting stuck there and I have no idea where to browse to.
Please help
Thank you
Fleur

P.S. I am using Windows 8 on my laptop, if that helps at all.

Last edited by FleurLaFleur on Tue 31 Mar 2015, 10:20; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : I forgot to say what Windows was on my current computer)

Back to top Go down

Dogz 5 Installing problem. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Dogz 5 Installing problem. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 26 Mar 2015, 00:01

FleurLaFleur wrote:Hi,
I hope I'm posting this in the right place. I'm not too good at finding where to post problems I'm having.

I am having a problem installing Dogz 5 on my laptop. I searched the forums and found a couple of problems that were solved and the first problem was solved by following the instructions but the second problem, I cannot seem to fix.

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t6612-dogz-5-solved?highlight=Dogz+5 
This is the post that I don't quite understand. I have unzipped the entire contents of the file I download via your download page, and I have browsed to the folder where I unzipped it all but it still won't fine the file needed.
The picture shown in this post is exactly what is happening to me.

What am I doing wrong?
Installation keeps getting stuck there and I have no idea where to browse to.
Please help
Thank you
Fleur

P.S. I am using Windows 8 on my laptop, if that helps at all.

//MOVED

Hello again,

Interesting error; and you are sure you are using the program WinRAR ? And that you really extracted ALL files from the .RAR, into the empty folder ?

If you can't get it done, feel free to check out the forum's chatbox (at the top of the forum's main page), when you see me online there - usually on weekends though. I will then try and help you via TeamViewer. Smile 

Extra note: you MUST start the installation from within the folder with the extracted stuff, and NOT from within the .RAR !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Dogz 5 Installing problem. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Dogz 5 Installing problem. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 28 Mar 2015, 11:29

Hi Carlos,
Thank you for answering my distress post.

Yes, I extracted everything from the zipped file that I downloaded from Games4theworld's download page.
I've no idea why it won't find the said file it wants.
I've even redownloaded the file and reunzipped it via winrar.
Fleur

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 29 Mar 2015, 08:48

FleurLaFleur wrote:Hi Carlos,
Thank you for answering my distress post.

Yes, I extracted everything from the zipped file that I downloaded from Games4theworld's download page.
I've no idea why it won't find the said file it wants.
I've even redownloaded the file and reunzipped it via winrar.
Fleur

Try re-downloading the .RAR, for now. Smile  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 Mar 2015, 09:49

Thanks Carlos, 

I will try that and let you know how it goes.
Cheers
Fleur

//EDIT

Hi Again,

I tried redownloading Dogz 5 and unzipping it via winrar. I tried installing it and I still get the same error.

Am I supposed to be searching the folder that I unzipped into?

Here is a pic of the error about inserting the second disc and the entire contents of the unzipped Dogz 5 that I downloaded from Games4theworld download page.

I don't know what else to do.

Dogz 5 Installing problem. [SOLVED] Dogz_512

Dogz 5 Installing problem. [SOLVED] Dogz_513

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 31 Mar 2015, 10:23

After a brief discussion on the chatbox, we found out that not all files from the original archive were extracted at first. So the archive was extracted a second time, into a folder, and now everything went smooth.

Have fun again ! Problem solved, topic closed. Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top