Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unable to Update Sims 3 with the Manual Patch

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unable to Update Sims 3 with the Manual Patch Empty Unable to Update Sims 3 with the Manual Patch

Post by Guest Tue 07 Apr 2015, 05:32

Okay, so I downloaded the Sims 3 Complete Collection and started following the steps at this link.

Downloaded the game, used a code through the installation guide, ignored the # Crack steps because that's what it said.
I downloaded the Manual Patch, go to open it, and I get a pop up saying "The installed version of the application could not be determined. The setup will now terminate."

I've downloaded, installed, uninstalled, deleted and cleared my recycling bin twice now. Third times the charm?

I've also tried skipping the manual patch, to do the Ultimate Fix later on, but it won't let me download an expansion without updating.

Help? :DedicatedToLorilihim

Back to top Go down

Unable to Update Sims 3 with the Manual Patch Empty Re: Unable to Update Sims 3 with the Manual Patch

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 07 Apr 2015, 23:02

Autter wrote:Okay, so I downloaded the Sims 3 Complete Collection and started following the steps at this link.

Downloaded the game, used a code through the installation guide, ignored the # Crack steps because that's what it said.
I downloaded the Manual Patch, go to open it, and I get a pop up saying "The installed version of the application could not be determined. The setup will now terminate."

I've downloaded, installed, uninstalled, deleted and cleared my recycling bin twice now. Third times the charm?

I've also tried skipping the manual patch, to do the Ultimate Fix later on, but it won't let me download an expansion without updating.

Help? :DedicatedToLorilihim

Hello, and welcome to the forum,

First of all, please make sure that you actually extract the contents of the .RAR download file, with the program WinRAR only. Extract the contents of the Complete Collection, into one single empty folder. You can get WinRAR from here (install instructions are included). 

Next, make sure that you un-install your base game, and then re-boot the computer. After that, you re-install the base game, from within the folder that you re-extracted the stuff to.

Good luck, and let us know if you can update the base game after that ! Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top