Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Be aware! Sims 4 base game and Sims 4 Get to Work full of Trojan.gen and Hacktool.Scan!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Be aware! Sims 4 base game and Sims 4 Get to Work full of Trojan.gen and Hacktool.Scan! Empty Be aware! Sims 4 base game and Sims 4 Get to Work full of Trojan.gen and Hacktool.Scan!

Post by Guest Mon 13 Apr 2015, 21:31

You as Games4theworld ensures us as downloaders that the downloads are free from viruses. This is not the case!

In the Sims 4 base game were detected in an very essential file called rll.dll en rllorigin.dll:

Trojan.Gen and Trojan.Gen.2

In the Sims 4 Get to Work were detected:

Hacktool.Scan and threats in compressed file

I'm very disappointed in your service and I will not make use of your services and I strongly recommend others not to do so.
How do you explain how this is possible?

Regards,

Middler

Back to top Go down

Be aware! Sims 4 base game and Sims 4 Get to Work full of Trojan.gen and Hacktool.Scan! Empty Re: Be aware! Sims 4 base game and Sims 4 Get to Work full of Trojan.gen and Hacktool.Scan!

Post by coolcandy3001 Mon 13 Apr 2015, 21:35

middler wrote:You as Games4theworld ensures us as downloaders that the downloads are free from viruses. This is not the case!

In the Sims 4 base game were detected in an very essential file called rll.dll en rllorigin.dll:

I'm very disappointed in your service and I will not make use of your services and I strongly recommend others not to do so.

Regards,

Middler
I'm not a mod, nor admin, nor helper. But I can assure you that The Sims 4 G4TW version has no viruses, like me, many people on this forum have been running the game since it was released and it's perfectly fine. I promise you - this is a false detection. As with every crack for every program. I don't know a singal pirated program that I wasn't alert was a virus, some are, G4TW however, is not.
coolcandy3001
coolcandy3001
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims, Animal Crossing WW & NL, Tomodachi Life, Sonic Adventure 2, The Dog Island, Minecraft, Terraria & *Many more*

Female

Back to top Go down

Be aware! Sims 4 base game and Sims 4 Get to Work full of Trojan.gen and Hacktool.Scan! Empty Re: Be aware! Sims 4 base game and Sims 4 Get to Work full of Trojan.gen and Hacktool.Scan!

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 13 Apr 2015, 21:40

middler wrote:You as Games4theworld ensures us as downloaders that the downloads are free from viruses. This is not the case!

Regards,

Middler

Hello and welcome to the forum,

I actually wrote a post about this very issue on the FB page, here, not too long ago:
https://www.facebook.com/110924105707074/photos/a.150507375082080.31826.110924105707074/634325583366921/?type=1

I will quote from the post:

Carlos wrote:Since some people remarked about it, I remembered an e-mail that I got a little while ago already, from a user on the forum. See the screenshot in the attachment (I blurred out the personal info, though).

I would like to elaborate more on this, since many people are not aware of it: now why are so many modern crack files of games/software detected as virusses ? (I'm not a learned "computer scientist", but I'll still try and explain).

Back then, when games & software did not need any "internet activation", you got an "insert a CD/DVD" prompt when trying to run a game, without a disc. Usually, you were able to edit a few entries in .exe and .dll files, and thereby you could bypass this prompt.

Nowadays, many games evolve around software like Steam or Origin, and you cannot simply edit a few entries in .exe files anymore. The way things work, is that you need to "emulate" the behavior of game clients like Steam or Origin, within your crack files. When the game or software executes, it does not only execute the actual game/software, but also these "embedded" game client emulators too.

And this behavior in turn, is very typical of virusses. But does that necessarily mean that everything that the anti-virus program "detects", is really a virus ? Of course not. Smile 

On behalf of the G4TW team, I can tell you that ALL the releases from us are safe to use. You may or may not believe this, but that is all I can say.

Hope you found this small "excursion" informative. Have fun again !

There, I explained in rudimentary terms why modern cracks are often detected as virusses. If you insist that it is a virus, then I am sorry to hear about that, and I will have to live with it - and get on. As for me, I can assure you that the error messages you are getting from your anti-virus system, are so-called "false positives": items that are 'detected' as virusses, but are in fact *not virusses at all*.

If there is anything else we can help you with, feel free to post back. Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Apr 2015, 21:50

Thank you for your very quick answer but I'm still very afraid to ignore these kind of messages.
And my knowlegde about viruses and false detections is very limited.

But thanks again for your explanation!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 13 Apr 2015, 21:53

middler wrote:Thank you for your very quick answer but I'm still very afraid to ignore these kinds of messages.

But thank again for your explanation!

No problem, it's OK. Smile  But I will also tell you this here: if you really want to play a pirated Sims 4 game, then I guess you will always encounter these messages, unfortunately. For better or worse, there is no way around this "type" of crack, if you want to play a pirated Sims 4. And I would not recommend buying the game either, honestly, because it is far too expensive, especially if you consider all those (future) DLC and expansions.

WhatDidUJustCallMe? 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon 13 Apr 2015, 23:44

Hi Middler,

Welcome to the Games4theworld Forum!
middler wrote:I'm very disappointed in your service and I will not make use of your services and I strongly recommend others not to do so.
I'm sorry to hear that you've had a bad experience with one of our torrents.
Carlos pretty much summed the explanation up for you. Though no one here is going to say a Games4theworld torrent is bad, so it might be better if you consult third parties on the interwebz, see what they have to say. Or do some Googling on "false-positives".
All those unsafe torrents out there, were actually one of the reasons Games4theworld was born to begin with. (To provide safe downloads)

coolcandy3001 wrote:I'm not a mod, nor admin, nor helper.
Thank God you're not, Tea Slayer.

middler wrote:Thank you for your very quick answer but I'm still very afraid to ignore these kind of messages.

But thanks again for your explanation!
At the end it's your own call, of course. Keep in mind that you're going to run into a lot of these false errors while torrenting.
Try this informative guide: http://games4theworlddownloads.org/Downloads/Guides/How_to_download_a_torrent_Guide.pdf , it has a few tips on how to spot the better torrents.

And of course, if you ever have any concerns or questions: you're always welcome to post on the Games4theworld Forum. Smile I tip my fedora.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Apr 2015, 04:19

Don't worry, their downloads are 100% safe. You can even do an internet search and you will notice that those crack files are often a false positive and as long as you download from a trusted source such as G4TW, you will be save.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top