Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What career does your sim have?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What career does your sim have? Empty What career does your sim have?

Post by Guest Sun 19 Apr 2015, 16:52

Let's share! Mine is currently a writer! A bit boring yes, but im thinking of changing, which is also why I want to get some suggestions & ideas from you guys  I'm new here. Razz

Back to top Go down

What career does your sim have? Empty Re: What career does your sim have?

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 19 Apr 2015, 17:07

In my current family, the male is in the science career. He also does a bit of gardening on the side for their own fridge and a bit of extra income.
The female is a stay at home mom. She wants to raise 5 kids so it didn't seem very efficient to let her have a career. They're saving up for a bigger house though and she's going into the babysitting career soon.

My previous sim however was a single female equestrian who frequents competitions as a career.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 19 Apr 2015, 20:01

lebananaqueen wrote:Let's share! Mine is currently a writer! A bit boring yes, but im thinking of changing, which is also why I want to get some suggestions & ideas from you guys  I'm new here. Razz

Hello and welcome to the forum, Smile 

The best career is the "Private Eye" for me... Razz  you get a weekly amount of money but you do NOT have do anything, actually. Once I reached Level 10, I just leaned back (did not do any cases at all) and...yes. But I resigned that, and now my "main" sim is on Level 10 of the School Career.

I'm going to test the ghostbuster career too; so far, I didn't do it, because of the many bugs that are 8still ?) supposed to be there.

WhatDidUJustCallMe?  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Jun 2015, 04:54

My sim is writer, his husband is change his job all the time. Actually I don't do anything without cheat and they don't need job to waste their time lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 02 Jun 2015, 23:45

Recently I've had more fun by not having a career, letting them earn a meager living from picking flowers and collecting rocks/gems to sell in the consignment shop while improving their skills at home. This isn't as bad as it sounds since a crocus has a base value of 600. Build the gardening skill and with luck you can have a grove of money trees in the back yard - my current Riverview sim did this and in four or five weeks was averaging 40,000 simoleons a week from eight money trees during the harvest season; in the off season she sells paintings in the consignment shop, averaging around 30,000/week. When her painting skill was maxed she got an opportunity from the city for 15 paintings, she knocked these out in three days (small paintings) for a quick 60,000. All this time she remained in her original small home, essentially a large efficiency apartment - one room serving as living room, bedroom, and dining room, with a kitchen in an ell off of that, and a bathroom; though eventually all furniture, appliances, and fixtures were the best available. Recently two friends, living together, passed away the same evening; the next morning she bought their home for 175,000, spent 30,000 remodeling, and 50,000 on a '60 Corvette; when the weather warms up there will be a pool in the back yard. She still owns her small house, which still has six money trees dormant in the back yard, and has nearly 400,000 in the bank. Who needs a career?

But of the careers I've done the two i most enjoyed were Mad Scientist (decent hours, decent pay, and at the end you get the ray gun to do experiments on objects) and Interior Decorator (every job involves playing in build/buy and each is a puzzle to figure how to best please that client ...but you have to get 100, yes, a hundred, great reviews to achieve the life wish).

The two I most hated were SuperSpy (long hours - since much of the work must be done on your own time; on call "24/7", you may actually work 18 out of 24 hours; and nothing changes even when you reach the top of the career; the only perk is about halfway along the career you get a patrol car, which you can keep even if you quit the job the next day) and musician (long hours, low pay, ugly clothes; the only perk is your family can attend concerts free).

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Jun 2015, 20:53

Careers? Can't remember the last time my sim had one of those. They make a living selling pink diamonds and tiberium. Three SimBots mine for them 24/7, I get an average of three pink diamonds each week, those alone are worth around $400.000.

They're doing ok.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top