Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Concerning Granite Falls, Get to Work and the Ultimate fix.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Concerning Granite Falls, Get to Work and the Ultimate fix. Empty Concerning Granite Falls, Get to Work and the Ultimate fix.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 16 Oct 2015, 03:11

Hello,

People using the latest Ultimate fix for TS4 have reported issues with the "Granite Falls" destination non-working/not showing up at all and also some issues with in-game interactions related to the "Get to Work"-expansion.

After some testing and investigating, we found that a mistake has been made when creating the current official fix. This in-game error does not happen with Sim Architect's download or the fix that I uploaded 2 months ago. We apologize for any inconveniences. You can now either proceed in the following ways:

I.) Download the official Ultimate fix here and then also download and apply the Fix addition (about 70MB in size). Copy the "Delta"-folder of the fix addition into your game install folder. When prompted, choose "replace all existing files" or "replace all files in destination".You MUST download and apply the fix addition, whether you use the MEGA-link, the torrent link or any of the other mirrors. The fix addition MUST be added in any case, after you applied the main fix. This is the method that I recommend you do.

Arrow  Get the 'fix addition' here

II.) Alternatively, you can "start" over and just re-download the whole pack from @Sim Architect. Note that this pack is 4GB in size, and contains all updates and DLC, including "Get to Work".

Arrow  Get the whole torrent here !

Extra notes

1) If you already applied the previous official fix and are having problems with Granite Falls or with any of the Get to Work job-related interactions, you should be doing fine if you just re-apply the fix addition I mentioned above. No need to un-install anything.

2) This experimental fix does not contain any of the new content, like Spooky Stuff. These newer items have not been released yet, in a cracked form. Please wait for further announcements on new stuff, when time comes. Do not ask when they will be released please, because we don't know. What this fix does contain are DLC like Outdoor Retreat, Holiday Pack (Christmas 2014 items), Perfect Patio, Newcrest, Luxury Stuff Pack, Spa Day & Cool Kitchen stuff.

3) If you already downloaded Sim Architect's torrent or my temporary fix from 2 months ago, you of course don't need to re-do all of this. The main audience for this fix will be new players, who just installed TS4.

4) My intention with this thread is to gather feedback about Granite Falls and the "Get to Work" interactions; this is my main concern. If you have any issues with crashings or "Origin must be running/Service initialization" errors, try watching Sim Architect's video guide here and/or read up on my extensive post here for possible suggestions, alongside moving the install folder of TS4 out of "Electronic Arts", as stated in the instructions for the fix. If you already posted about Granite Falls issues on the forum, please stick in the threads you wrote in, and post the new feedback there.

I hope I covered everything, but in case not, I will add it here, later on. Good luck for now !

Last edited by Carlos on Sat 14 Nov 2015, 19:15; edited 8 times in total
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Concerning Granite Falls, Get to Work and the Ultimate fix. Empty Re: Concerning Granite Falls, Get to Work and the Ultimate fix.

Post by Admin Sat 24 Oct 2015, 13:37

Hello all,

I've updated the download page with all the updated download links.
The new version of the Ultimate Fix fixes the issue(s) mentioned in this topic.
You can always download the latest version of the Ultimate Fix from its download page here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18086-the-sims-4-ultimate-fix

Have fun!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Concerning Granite Falls, Get to Work and the Ultimate fix. Empty Re: Concerning Granite Falls, Get to Work and the Ultimate fix.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 26 Oct 2015, 03:41

Update on 14-11-2015: The main Ultimate fix has now been merged with the fix addition. There's just one link again. You only need to apply the fix addition if you got any of the previous Ultimate fixes. 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top