Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any way to keep my data/gameplay after reinstalling?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Any way to keep my data/gameplay after reinstalling? Empty Any way to keep my data/gameplay after reinstalling?

Post by Guest Mon 28 Dec 2015, 00:35

Hello! First of all, thank you so much for your wonderful cracks!!

Yesterday I decided I'd want to try adding Get Together to my G4TW base game and Get To Work, which I have played and loved for quite some time now - so obviously, I have a lot of progress on my game.  Laughing However in that installation I came across a few issues (probably my own fault, like not being able to run it without errror messages and then hitches in the actual gameplay) so I decided to search the forums for help. After a lot of trial and error (without saving a copy anywhere beforehand, which was a very regretful move lol) I thought I'd try installing the Ultimate Fix, and...

Long story short, I ended up fiddling around so much trying to get things to work that I've ruined my Sims 4 files that are saved in Program Files (x86) and really don't know how to get them back to normal. Like there's stuff that's missing and damaged left right and centre. RN I'm guessing it would make more sense to try reinstalling all of the torrents but that leads me onto my question;

Is there a way of reinstalling everything that would mean I could keep all of my gameplay saved somewhere, so when I get the files sorted out again I can return to all of my families and creations? Or is there a way to fix all of these errors in my actual program folder?

Thank you so much!  Sad

Back to top Go down

Any way to keep my data/gameplay after reinstalling? Empty Re: Any way to keep my data/gameplay after reinstalling?

Post by D' Eradicated Mon 28 Dec 2015, 01:19

Hello,

I haven't touched (or installed rather) TS4 in a while but I think your save files are located in the Documents folder. Look for a folder named 'Electronic Arts' and see if it has files for TS4. I'm speaking from what I can remember but I think it is there.

D' Eradicated
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Minecraft, Counter-Strike 1.6, The Escapists, I Am Bread, Besiege, SimCity 2000, DotA 1, Dota 2

Male

Back to top Go down

Any way to keep my data/gameplay after reinstalling? Empty Re: Any way to keep my data/gameplay after reinstalling?

Post by Guest Mon 28 Dec 2015, 01:32

D' Eradicated wrote:Hello,

I haven't touched (or installed rather) TS4 in a while but I think your save files are located in the Documents folder. Look for a folder named 'Electronic Arts' and see if it has files for TS4. I'm speaking from what I can remember but I think it is there.

Ahh yes tysm, I know of that file from installing Mods - it's existence kept me hopeful about this whole thing - so would the "saves" have all of my gameplay within it? Smile So it's safe to delete The Sims 4 from my Program Files (x86) and start over with the instalment process?

Back to top Go down

Post by D' Eradicated Mon 28 Dec 2015, 01:35

I guess so, but backup the whole folder just in case then just copy and replace the 'saves' folder after reinstalling.

I wouldn't delete the TS4 in Program Files (x86). Doing so may lead to registry problems. You should try uninstalling it from the Control Panel.

D' Eradicated
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims Series, Minecraft, Counter-Strike 1.6, The Escapists, I Am Bread, Besiege, SimCity 2000, DotA 1, Dota 2

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Dec 2015, 19:55

D' Eradicated wrote:I guess so, but backup the whole folder just in case then just copy and replace the 'saves' folder after reinstalling.

I wouldn't delete the TS4 in Program Files (x86). Doing so may lead to registry problems. You should try uninstalling it from the Control Panel.

Hello, today I have done all of your instructions and thank you - the game works! Oh my... However after installing Get Together and then replacing my 'saves' folder, I open the game and the new expansion pack's features aren't there. It's as if I only ever had the base game and Get To Work. But the game recognises that there was a time that Get Together/the new stuff packs did exist but have been lost from the actual gameplay so I'm not sure if there's any way to have them back...?

I'm really thankful for your help because at least I can keep playing as I did before and my families are fine, I'd just love if there was a way for the game to work with Get Together without me blindly fiddling around with my program files ;;;

(EDIT: Should I try installing the Ultimate Fix again?)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 01 Jan 2016, 02:56

seungwxns wrote:
Hello, today I have done all of your instructions and thank you - the game works! Oh my... However after installing Get Together and then replacing my 'saves' folder, I open the game and the new expansion pack's features aren't there. It's as if I only ever had the base game and Get To Work. But the game recognises that there was a time that Get Together/the new stuff packs did exist but have been lost from the actual gameplay so I'm not sure if there's any way to have them back...?

I'm really thankful for your help because at least I can keep playing as I did before and my families are fine, I'd just love if there was a way for the game to work with Get Together without me blindly fiddling around with my program files ;;;

Are you sure you copied and pasted the "Get together" files to the correct location ? C:\Program files(x86)\The Sims 4 ?

It is NOT (!) the one in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 07 Feb 2016, 13:53

Carlos wrote:
seungwxns wrote:

Are you sure you copied and pasted the "Get together" files to the correct location ? C:\Program files(x86)\The Sims 4 ?

It is NOT (!) the one in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4.

Hi! I should've replied weeks and weeks ago. Why.  Yeah, I'm 100% certain - C:\Program files (x86)\The Sims 4 contains __Installer, Data, Delta, EP01, FP01, Game, GP01, GP02, SP01, SP02, SP03, SP04 and Support. I've been careful not to play Sims 4 or save anything new onto it in case it overrides the chances of Get Together ever being playable.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 07 Feb 2016, 14:09

Can you try moving your installation folder of "The Sims 4" (= the one under C:\Program files x86), directly onto the desktop ? Then try starting the game from there again and see if you see all the DLC.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 19 Mar 2016, 13:40

Carlos wrote:Can you try moving your installation folder of "The Sims 4" (= the one under C:\Program files x86), directly onto the desktop ? Then try starting the game from there again and see if you see all the DLC.

Thank you for the help - and again sorry my responses have been so delayed! Unfortunately I had no such luck doing that either Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 19 Mar 2016, 13:58

seungwxns wrote:Thank you for the help - and again sorry my responses have been so delayed! Unfortunately I had no such luck doing that either Sad

In your post above:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21973-any-way-to-keep-my-data-gameplay-after-reinstalling#147648

You said you "installed Get together and replaced the saves-folder", but this is not the normal procedure of things. If you install DLC, you do NOT normally replace the "saves"-folder. But if you insist on having done everything correctly, I'll take it for now.

At this point I can't really suggest more than that, sorry. If you like, feel free to check the forum's chatbox (preferably on weekends). Maybe I will help you via TeamViewer, but we'll see about that.

//EDIT

I don't know how often you visit the forum, but if you're not regularly visit, then the suggestion with TeamViewer might be a bit tricky...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top