Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 Launchers closes

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Launchers closes  Empty Sims 3 Launchers closes

Post by Guest Tue 02 Feb 2016, 12:53

Sims 3 Launchers closes  PhvYChb
This is what happens to me, I follow all the instruction in this topic but then once I open the launcher of sims 3 I get this message of windows saying that it isn't working and closes the game.
I have tried so many cracks, I have tried everything and it seems when I download the update this happens. I can play the game with no problems but when I try to play an expansion and update the game the launcher stop working.
Can someone help me please
Thank you

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 Launchers closes  Empty Re: Sims 3 Launchers closes

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 02 Feb 2016, 18:38

Hello,

Welcome to the forum. 
Fortunately,  you don't really need the launcher to play the game. Your game is already at the patch level we recommend, it's actually not such a good idea to go to the latest patch. 
The expansions and the base game are all the same, once installed, you're playing the expansions as you start the game.
You only need the launcher to install sims3packs, but it just may work long enough to install those if you double click a sims3pack.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 03 Feb 2016, 03:30

Hello @Erdna !

I'd also like to add in this here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t16882-the-sims-3-launcher-problems-notice

Maybe those little tips can help you a bit too, if you want to use the launcher. But in general, you indeed don't need it to be able to run the game. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Feb 2016, 01:26

thank you a lot with your help.
Indeed I copied the icon of the game (not the launcher) in the desktop and it worked. Thanks for the help and Thanks for the welcoming Smile

//EDIT

Just a quick question.
I tried to install the other patches of sims 3 and all of them don't work except the 3 seasons. 
When I installed for example the pets expansion, and I opened instead of going through the launcher, since it doesn't work, it opens the 3 seasons expansion
Any thoughts ?
Sorry and thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 05 Feb 2016, 01:46

Erdna wrote:thank you a lot with your help.
Indeed I copied the icon of the game (not the launcher) in the desktop and it worked. Thanks for the help and Thanks for the welcoming Smile

//EDIT

Just a quick question.
I tried to install the other patches of sims 3 and all of them don't work except the 3 seasons. 
When I installed for example the pets expansion, and I opened instead of going through the launcher, since it doesn't work, it opens the 3 seasons expansion
Any thoughts ?
Sorry and thanks

The opening screen in The Sims 3 will always show you the expansion that was released most recently. "Seasons" was released after "Pets", hence Seasons is the newer expansion, and that's why it shows up by default. Smile

The content of your Pets-expansion should still be in-game.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Feb 2016, 19:19

I can't play in any expansion now ...
really I am in trouble, I tried everything, I followed all the instructions in here and it doesn't work. I even tried to fix the launcher and it blocks the game now.
How can I repair this ?
The only thing that works is the normal game

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 09 Feb 2016, 12:13

Hello,

If the expansion are installed, you can play them. The expansions aren't played separately, they're integrated with the base game and each other. 
If you can't open the launcher to see the game icons at the bottom, you can also check this in-game by going into buy mode and using the button as pointed out in the image below. It doesn't really matter which buy mode category you try this from, so only take note of the arrow on the right Smile

Sims 3 Launchers closes  Locati10
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 10 Feb 2016, 03:18

Erdna wrote:I can't play in any expansion now ...
really I am in trouble, I tried everything, I followed all the instructions in here and it doesn't work. I even tried to fix the launcher and it blocks the game now.
How can I repair this ?
The only thing that works is the normal game

Indeed, as @Edin ElDi said, please look in-game for the new items of your expansions. Expansions in The Sims 3 do not simply "disappear" without some form of intervention of a user.

If you still feel you are missing stuff, try re-applying the "manual patch" and the "Ultimate fix" mentioned here:
http://goo.gl/EvV8E

You don't need to re-download the items, if you have them already. Just re-apply them.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top