Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4: Movie Hangout and Romantic Gardens Stuff Packs. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4: Movie Hangout and Romantic Gardens Stuff Packs. [SOLVED] Empty Sims 4: Movie Hangout and Romantic Gardens Stuff Packs. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 24 Mar 2016, 08:06

I know RG has just recently came out so it may be a while before that may be available but I'd like these two to be able to be downloaded and played with my sims 4! I have everything else from this website except those two. So I'd like if those could be thought to be in the downloads for G4TW. If MH is already done, could I be put in the right direction, otherwise have a great day!~

Back to top Go down

Sims 4: Movie Hangout and Romantic Gardens Stuff Packs. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 4: Movie Hangout and Romantic Gardens Stuff Packs. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 24 Mar 2016, 15:12

ivypoison255 wrote:I know RG has just recently came out so it may be a while before that may be available but I'd like these two to be able to be downloaded and played with my sims 4! I have everything else from this website except those two. So I'd like if those could be thought to be in the downloads for G4TW. If MH is already done, could I be put in the right direction, otherwise have a great day!~

//MOVED

Hello and welcome to the forum,

Please note that we (currently at least) don't create these Sims 4 updates ourselves. Read up on the announcement here for more information:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t22375-a-notice-about-upcoming-updates-in-the-sims-4-please-read
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 4: Movie Hangout and Romantic Gardens Stuff Packs. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 4: Movie Hangout and Romantic Gardens Stuff Packs. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 24 Mar 2016, 19:51

Yeah, but you always link to that post... Can we get at least amount of time we have to wait ? Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 24 Mar 2016, 19:56

Monrael wrote:Yeah, but you always link to that post... Can we get at least amount of time we have to wait ? Smile

Welcome to the forum first of all,

Did you read the announcement ? It states (under part 4.) that since we don't create these updates ourselves, we have no way of telling you any information about when it will come. Sorry if you don't like the answer, but you'll have to accept the facts as they are - at this point.

And the reason we always link to that post is because we cannot repeat ourselves over and over about this (same) question. I'm sure you'll understand that, too.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by xerendipity Fri 25 Mar 2016, 16:08

Is there any way to get a message to those that DO put it out? Smile.

In all seriousness, the updates have been out since forever and while I know that I personally (as do most of us, I'm sure) appreciate you providing the updates and games to us, we are all very anxious to finally see an update that is so long in coming.  If it is a question of not enough people playing the game or not enough interest in it, I assume that it is in part due to the fact that we do not have the necessary updates (and I say necessary loosely but still use it because without it a lot of the newer content does not show up/work) and so interest in it diminishes.  

In any case, if there is anything that you (Admins) know of that we, the people here can do to possibly speed it up, please let us know!

Thanks.
xerendipity
xerendipity
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 25 Mar 2016, 16:55

xerendipity wrote:Is there any way to get a message to those that DO put it out? Smile.

In all seriousness, the updates have been out since forever and while I know that I personally (as do most of us, I'm sure) appreciate you providing the updates and games to us, we are all very anxious to finally see an update that is so long in coming.  If it is a question of not enough people playing the game or not enough interest in it, I assume that it is in part due to the fact that we do not have the necessary updates (and I say necessary loosely but still use it because without it a lot of the newer content does not show up/work) and so interest in it diminishes.  

In any case, if there is anything that you (Admins) know of that we, the people here can do to possibly speed it up, please let us know!

Thanks.

Hello,

An interesting question; and I may even add an extra passage in the future, to the announcement.

Thing is, we do not have any means of getting in touch with the people creating these pirated updates. And I really could not tell who could possibly get in touch with them. These groups are highly secretive and as you can imagine, a lot of videogame and software publishers would really love to see these people "hang" - either literally or at least in a figurative sense.

The people creating these pirated updates want to remain secretive, but that may not be everything. I would not be surprised if these people are either actively employed as programmers, or at least have 'informants' working for the software companies. In both cases, it makes the job of creating pirated updates a lot easier. So it's not just about those crackers, but possibly about other people related to them too.

I believe the aspect of interest is really to be understood in terms of popularity. Compare recent pirated releases such as Fallout 4 for instance, where the first pirated copies showed up shortly before the official release. As for The Sims 4, there tends to be a short-lived hype when new DLC comes out, but that vanishes just a few days after (I imagine because the actual in-game content of these Sims 4 DLCs is so limited ?).

I don't think there is much we can do - besides waiting patiently.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Mar 2016, 18:42

I believe a new crack will be released in April.

So far the cracks have been coming in at slow, but steady intervals. Most, if not all, the stuff packs have been skipped, but as soon as a game- or expansion pack was released, a new crack appeared. Since the last EP, two SP's have been released, so we're due for a GP soon. New content is released roughly every month. Since nothing was released in March, it's very likely that we're getting something in April. As it will probably be a gamepack, there's a good chance it's going to be cracked. When they do, we're probably getting Movie Hangouts and Romantic Garden along with it.

As for the reason they're skipping the stuff packs? My guess is that they don't feel like bothering with it all the time, so that's why they only crack the big things. I don't think it's a lack of interest, TS4 is pretty popular. Or maybe EA pays them not to crack it for a while, in the hopes people grow desperate and end up buying the game. I've heard that happens.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 26 Mar 2016, 00:43

Builder wrote:I don't think it's a lack of interest, TS4 is pretty popular. Or maybe EA pays them not to crack it for a while, in the hopes people grow desperate and end up buying the game. I've heard that happens.

Maybe you're right. In my example above I was using Fallout 4, which may have been a bit exaggerating. But my impression is that TS4 is not as popular as e.g. TS3 used to be. And at least on the forum here it is the way I described it before: there is typically a short-lived hype, which vanishes pretty quickly. That's of course only limited indication of how popular a game might be. I believe part of this is also due to the severe counter-measures you need to take in a pirated Sims 4 in order for anti-virus software not to tamper with the game files: not everybody has the capabilities, time or even interest to mess with those.

And if EA really paid the crackers, such necessary communication would have to go through intermediaries: in my opinion a highly unlikely scenario, but indeed not entirely impossible. As it seems, we are getting time and time again messages from people asking whether they can add the newly-purchased DLC into a pirated Sims 4. And related to that there is also the myriad of users adding pirated DLC into a legit TS4 base game. I'll assume that this common phenomenon of people "at least" buying the base game may be due to conscience-related reasons.  

At the end of the day, it really depends on what we all make of it. Life will go on, with or without The Sims 4. As for the forum, I'm testing possible new game releases, and also try and play more Minecraft, to get more into the mood.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Mar 2016, 13:01

I think it's actually a lot simpler than that. Well known hackers often end up getting paid jobs as programmers for big companies. It makes sense, hiring the guy who first cracked your game. He knows what to look for and it also removes a potential threat from the scene. Also, since this guy is most likely not a stranger to the pirating community, he could, and probably would, get in touch with his old hacking buddies. No doubt, the heads of the companies know about this, too, and would use this backdoor to offer bribes to the right people.

Considering the people who are out there hacking and cracking games and software, are probably only doing it for the thrill of it, why shouldn't they accept a large sum of money? Consider also the amount of software being cracked by groups like reloaded. I doubt it's as much of a charity as it seems.

Anyway, it's a bit of a conspiracy theory, but it's not as far-fetched, when you realize how much money is going around. Also, from a marketing point of view, having some pirated copies floating around the internet, really isn't such a big deal. Especially if they end up being out dated all the time. Like you said, there's a certain threshold, and a bit of a risk factor involved when installing pirated copies. If you also take into account the missing on-line features, community access and customer support, you have some very good reasons to cross over and simply buy the game. 

To be fair, I don't blame them for wanting to make money. If they lowered the prices, I would probably get it on sale. I just think paying $30 for a popcorn machine and some extra flowers is a little absurd.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 27 Mar 2016, 10:44

Builder wrote:I think it's actually a lot simpler than that. Well known hackers often end up getting paid jobs as programmers for big companies. It makes sense, hiring the guy who first cracked your game. He knows what to look for and it also removes a potential threat from the scene. Also, since this guy is most likely not a stranger to the pirating community, he could, and probably would, get in touch with his old hacking buddies. No doubt, the heads of the companies know about this, too, and would use this backdoor to offer bribes to the right people.

Considering the people who are out there hacking and cracking games and software, are probably only doing it for the thrill of it, why shouldn't they accept a large sum of money? Consider also the amount of software being cracked by groups like reloaded. I doubt it's as much of a charity as it seems.

Anyway, it's a bit of a conspiracy theory, but it's not as far-fetched, when you realize how much money is going around. Also, from a marketing point of view, having some pirated copies floating around the internet, really isn't such a big deal. Especially if they end up being out dated all the time. Like you said, there's a certain threshold, and a bit of a risk factor involved when installing pirated copies. If you also take into account the missing on-line features, community access and customer support, you have some very good reasons to cross over and simply buy the game. 

To be fair, I don't blame them for wanting to make money. If they lowered the prices, I would probably get it on sale. I just think paying $30 for a popcorn machine and some extra flowers is a little absurd.

Interesting ideas, but would anybody seriously hire such a cracker ? I know that (some) IT firms proudly claim to have "former hackers and crackers" on their payroll, and that some movies and TV shows (Criminal Minds, Numb3rs, etc.) portray former convicts gaining entry into high-level jobs with lots of responsibilities, but for outsiders like us, we have no way of knowing what's what. In this case, I would argue that trust issues prevent serious cooperation with crackers. And in all honesty, I myself probably would not even want to have such a person around this forum either (for safety issues), even if this forum is just a non-profit hobby.

Also, if I were a cracker and decided to take money, how would such a transaction go on in reality ? Even if a middleman/strawman is used, the police are going to wiretap and watch that person, and (if I'm not careful enough) catch me too, at one point or another. Crackers may be good with computers, but good judgement is something quite different, and essential in scenarios like that. You don't have to be like James Bond and use clandestine tactics and communication to evade the police, but a wise person will think twice before embarking on such a venture.

Nonetheless, there could still be some form of connection between software publishers and the scene groups. But in my eyes more likely the way I hinted initially, namely that employees leak the relevant data "outside", rather than crackers from outside going "into" these firms. Just opening a file with a hex editor or using a debugger and "doing lots of testing" (without being able to interpret and pinpoint the specifc bits of data in a program) is going to be highly tedious, hence my suspicion about the "informant theory" before. Of course, we can't rule out 100% that certain organizations are crazy enough to hire these crackers or hackers.

The rise of games that require a permanent internet connection and are multiplayer-only, is also a consequence of game publishers "reacting" to these trends. It remains to be seen what Sims 5 will be like. 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 27 Mar 2016, 13:40

I don't think a company would mind hiring a hacker. They're not actually hurting people, or stealing things, they're simply making copies of a product. In a way, it's the same as bypassing the regional security on a DVD, or recording tapes from CD. We've all done stuff like that. Just because something is harder to crack, doesn't mean the people who do it are meaner, or less honorable. That only means they're smart enough to keep up with your security measures. If you can get them to join, then that serves a double purpose. First of all, they won't crack your game anymore. Second, since they were the ones who cracked your stuff in the first place, they know what steps to take to prevent others from doing the same.

Carlos wrote:Also, if I were a cracker and decided to take money, how would such a transaction go on in reality ?

You go to a public place, sign a contract and accept the money.

As much as companies would love the idea of not having to invest in security, the truth is, people are going to try and hack your stuff, anyway. You could try putting them all away, but new ones are going to show up, sooner or later. It's probably a better idea to reason with them, than to antagonize them.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 27 Mar 2016, 14:32

Builder wrote:
Carlos wrote:Also, if I were a cracker and decided to take money, how would such a transaction go on in reality ?

You go to a public place, sign a contract and accept the money. (...)

OK then.  Carlos is tha man

//EDIT

In all seriousness, I may be totally wrong in my assumptions of course. I do know that especially in the US, it is common to make "deals" in various legal cases. So e.g. before the authorities are unable to bust or convict anybody, they rather choose to offer a suspect a deal, so as to at least get something done. 

But this procedure is nearly unheard-of where I come from, so in a way I am 'biased' by certain preconceptions that are commonplace where I live. It may be indeed the case that hackers and crackers are sought-after, in a positive sense.

Even though I still believe it doesn't matter whether you hunt the crackers down or collaborate with them. If you hunt them down, others may indeed take their place. And if you cooperate with them, they may still not be trustworthy.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Jul 2016, 10:52

I wish TS4 Movie Hangout Stuff Pack, Romantic Stuff Pack and Kids Stuff Pack, plus the others in v1.20.60.1020, come in one, huge update. We all are kinda getting anxious, but they say, we cannot expect an update immediately, but I'm putting high hopes. Hoping for the latest update very, very soon!

Best regards,
Rian Carlo Reyes
Recently Joined

Last edited by rian_carlo02 on Mon 11 Jul 2016, 11:43; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Jul 2016, 11:15

I don't know why you have bumped a topic, when you have nothing important to say.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 11 Jul 2016, 15:38

rian_carlo02 wrote:I wish TS4 Movie Hangout Stuff Pack, Romantic Stuff Pack and Kids Stuff Pack, plus the others in v1.20.60.1020, come in one, huge update. We all are kinda getting anxious, but they say, we cannot expect an update immediately, but I'm putting high hopes. Hoping for the latest update very, very soon!

Best regards,
Rian Carlo Reyes
Recently Joined

Welcome to the forum !

You can also discuss about the new updates in TS4, under this (more recent) thread here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t22885-the-sims-4-dine-out-kids-room-stuff

That way we can keep all posts in just one thread. Smile  Since this thread here is obsolete actually, I will also close this now.

Xweet wrote:I don't know why you have bumped a topic, when you have nothing important to say.

Actually, I myself occasionally bump old(er) threads, mostly about general discussion topics, but nonetheless. While the forum rules indeed forbid 'bumping', practical experience shows it is pointless to tell every single user "to open a new thread please". Posting habits have really become lax these days (largely due to the rise of social media) and accordingly, we also have to take these developments into account. So yes, the rule about no bumping is relatively lax in its 'enforcement'.

That said, you probably did not intend to do so, but you should still leave the direction of users in moderating aspects only to team members of the forum, please, as "backseat moderation" is frowned upon here. Thank you for your understanding.

P.S. and if the previous poster's message was really "not(hing) important", we would have to ban/delete a good amount of similar messages on here, and that wouldn't be very nice, don't you think ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 14 Jul 2016, 23:24

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Builder wrote:

You go to a public place, sign a contract and accept the money. (...)
OK then.  Carlos is tha man
W... What? What year do you guys live in?
We have a very special currency called Bitcoins nowadays... Razz
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 14 Jul 2016, 23:35

fsociety wrote:W... What? What year do you guys live in?

Meanwhile I did some research and now have serious reason to believe this whole thing is a collaborative conspiracy between the CIA, MI6, Mossad and the FSB too. 

Looking for bad joke   Killkillkillkill!   Suspect
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 14 Jul 2016, 23:42

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
fsociety wrote:W... What? What year do you guys live in?

Meanwhile I did some research and now have serious reason to believe this whole thing is a collaborative conspiracy between the CIA, MI6, Mossad and the FSB too. 

Looking for bad joke   Killkillkillkill!   Suspect

Hit&run much... lol
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 14 Jul 2016, 23:50

You forgot ISIS, Ghostman.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top