Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disappearing games.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Disappearing games. Empty Disappearing games.

Post by Guest Fri 17 Jun 2016, 17:33

I need help all my Games in my /Games folder disssapeared, i have no real reason why it did this or what did i do wrong

Back to top Go down

Disappearing games. Empty Re: Disappearing games.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 17 Jun 2016, 18:28

Bangzy wrote:I need help all my Games in my /Games folder disssapeared, i have no real reason why it did this or what did i do wrong

//MOVED

Hello,

I moved your post to a more appropriate section. Smile  Did you maybe accidentally delete those folders ? Check your recycle bin for now.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Jun 2016, 11:31

Nope i was just watching a movie then to my surprise all my games in my games folder were gone

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Jun 2016, 11:43

Were those games pirated?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Jun 2016, 12:49

Some

Back to top Go down

Post by Layloria Sat 18 Jun 2016, 19:04

Hello,

Try Recuva from Piriform. Its a free recovery software which has been very useful to me in recovering files in folders. It will even help recover files that have been replaced with newer ones.

Like a Star @ heaven
Layloria
Layloria
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3/4; MySims; Minecraft; Zoo Tycoon 2; GTA V; Skyrim; Sherlock Holmes Series

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 19 Jun 2016, 06:57

What @Layloria suggested is a good idea. Smile  You might have accidentally deleted your stuff and it was "recycled immediately", which typically happens with folders that are big in filesize. The disadvantage though is that if in the meantime you installed new programs, downloaded new stuff, or even defragmented your hard-drive, the filespace that was occupied by your "gone" folders may have been overwritten by the new stuff. Which means, if you do manage to restore your "gone" folders, they might have taken some damage.

It is not a disadvantage of the recovery-tools themselves, that is simply how the file management system works in modern computers.

In general @Bangzy, you should make it into a habit of actually backing up all your downloads (games, software, music, videos, pictures, etc.). I myself have a small external hard-drive, and whenever it is needed I just plug it in an d re-install the program(s).
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Jun 2016, 14:46

Thank fully i did have a back up of my sims saves, and i was uninstalling nexus mods and my files were gone after i reopened the nexus folders

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 21 Jun 2016, 18:56

Bangzy wrote:Thank fully i did have a back up of my sims saves, and i was uninstalling nexus mods and my files were gone after i reopened the nexus folders

Just to make sure, it could be an idea for the future to add an exclusion for your /Games folder, in Windows Defender. I myself dded exclusions for my Downloads-folder as well as all locations where I install programs and games.

Do you still have any more questions about this, or can we considered this issue "solved" ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top