Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

G4TW The Sims Mafia game - searching for players !

View previous topic View next topic Go down

G4TW The Sims Mafia game - searching for players ! Empty G4TW The Sims Mafia game - searching for players !

Post by Guest Thu 23 Jun 2016, 11:03

G4TW THE SIMS MAFIA GAME

I'm currently searching for players to join the game

Players: 

RULES:

1. You may not speak to anybody about the game outside of this thread, unless your role permits.
2. You may not edit your posts. If you say something suspicious, tough. If you make a plum typo, tough. It stays to get picked apart by the other players.
4. You can change your vote. You must bold your vote to count.
3. No hidden messages - invisi-text or anything else.
4. Role-claiming is not forbidden but is frowned upon. You may role-claim if there is some strategic reason, but not to save your own butt from a lynch or to out another players role.
5. Lynches will finish once the day has ended. You must vote before then. I will say the time every 12 hours every day time and 6 hours every night time. If all votes are in before the day finishes, then the day will end early - presuming I am awake or not busy and able to do so! If all night actions are sent to me, then the night will end early too.
6. Days will last 24 hours, Nights will last 12 hours.
7. This is a game that involves lying and accusing each other of nefarious deeds, try not to take anything personally and please be nice to each other. Feel free to PM your host if you are getting stresses or feel personally attacked.
8. I know some of you have played before - like I said in sign-ups and your other forum, I have come from a site that plays it slightly differently. Do not assume anything about how the roles work/interact, if in doubt then ask. I will not clarify anything in the thread unless specifically asked.
9. Speaking on-topic at night is not forbidden. But be careful.
10. Dead players are out of the game and may not speak on topic in the thread or to any players that are still alive. Dead players can speak off topic. 
11. Please feel free to ask as many questions as you like, either in the thread or via PM. I will help & clarify as much as I can.
12. You must not post PM's from the host in the game thread.
13. If you think I have made a mistake, do not hesitate to PM me. I am human.
14. Have fun!!!
15. You may not target the same player on consecutive nights.

16. You can whisper – meaning you can pm other player but you need to add me. If I found out that you didn’t add me. You’ll be modkilled.

17. You will have three warnings, Once you completed those three, I’ll end this game.

THANK YOU AND PLEASE HAVE FUN.

ROLES:

Mafia - They must kill townies and indies to win. They can speak to each other outside of the game-thread any time day or night. They kill one player each night. The host will create a group message who got their mafia roles.

Here are the corresponding roles: 

MORTIMER GOTH – Mortimer is the wealthy but grouchy head of the Goth family. Each night Mortimer must select one player to kill each night. He has a secret part to his role.

BELLA GOTH – Bella is so beautiful. Each night, Bella will use her beautiness to her targeted player. The targeted player will use their ability on her instead of the intended target of the targeted player.

CASSANDRA GOTH – Cassandra always spends her time reading horror and gloomy books. She can kill a player once every 2 nights but has a 50 percent of failing. She has a secret part to her role.

Indie - They must be the one standing to win. 

Here are the corresponding roles:

MRS. CRUMPLEBOTTOM – SECRET

MR. CRUMPLEBOTTOM – SECRET

Townies - Must eliminate all threats and survive to win

Corresponding roles:

SUMMER HOLIDAY – She’s a very hot sim and very popular in Willow Creek. When it’s night time, She uses her hot personality in her targeted player and can use the targeted player as a shield when she is being targeted.

DON LOTHARIO – Don is a charming Sim. Every night, He charms his targeted player every night, making them forget to carry their roles. 

GEOFFREY LANDGRAAB – He’s a rich doctor. He can protect players each night and can protect himself once.

ELIZA PANCAKES – Eliza is a very observing sim. She always observe other people at night and She learns who targets who every night.

NINA AND DINA CALIENTE – The Sisters are very close to each other. Their vote means a double vote.

NERVOUS SUBJECT – “SECRET”. He wins with other townies.

FEEL FREE TO JOIN! RULES ARE BASED ON CHAOS' SIMS MAFIA GAME WHICH I WON.

Back to top Go down

G4TW The Sims Mafia game - searching for players ! Empty Re: G4TW The Sims Mafia game - searching for players !

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 23 Jun 2016, 11:25

Not sure I understand (probably not), but wouldn't such a "game" make more sense in an actual multi-player game ?

Or how do you want to know which forum user/participant killed whom in the end ?

//EDIT

The basic idea sounds interesting, although - as said - I'm having difficulties to see how this should be played out in a single-player game like The Sims...

WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

G4TW The Sims Mafia game - searching for players ! Empty Re: G4TW The Sims Mafia game - searching for players !

Post by Guest Thu 23 Jun 2016, 11:29

The_gh0stm4n wrote:Not sure I understand (probably not), but wouldn't such a "game" make more sense in an actual multi-player game ?

Or how do you want to know which forum user/participant killed whom in the end ?
In its simplest form, Mafia consists of two sides: the Mafia, and the Town. The Mafia's goal is to kill the innocents, while the Town's goal is to kill the Mafia.
At the beginning of the game, the Moderator will secretly send everyone their role. The Mafia will know each other, while (in the basic game) everyone else will only know their own role.
The game has two phases, the first of which is Day. During Day, the Town must choose someone to Lynch; they are trying to eliminate the Mafia, but the Mafia can lead them astray by casting suspicion elsewhere. Generally, players will vote for someone they think is Mafia (the Mafia will vote so that they seem to be doing this as well, and might even vote for each other to confuse the Town); when a player gets a majority of the votes, they are lynched. Their role is revealed by the Moderator, and it becomes Night.
During the Night, the thread is locked and no one can talk publicly. The Mafia, however, can speak to each other privately to plot strategy and decide who to murder before the next Day begins. In this way, they can silence members of the Town who are threats to them. At the end of the Night, the murder is carried out and another Day begins. In effect, the Town gets to kill someone, and then the Mafia gets to kill someone.
The game alternates between Day and Night until either the Mafia are eliminated, or the Mafia have killed everyone else (or nothing can prevent the same). 

VIA MAFIA SCUM WIKI.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Jun 2016, 11:34

The_gh0stm4n wrote:Not sure I understand (probably not), but wouldn't such a "game" make more sense in an actual multi-player game ?

//EDIT

The basic idea sounds interesting, although - as said - I'm having difficulties to see how this should be played out in a single-player game like The Sims...

WhatDidUJustCallMe?

I'm sending you your roles. If your role is for example, "Malcolm Landgraab" a townie and your ability is killing someone. When night comes, Pm me your night actions and if you desire to kill a player named "Troy" then after the night, I'll announce who is killed and who is not. 

This game is all about like your malcom but we're calling you ghostman and no one will know your malcom since role claiming is frowned upon and that is how you play the game. if this is what you mean.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 23 Jun 2016, 11:36

Keyenpeydee wrote:In its simplest form, Mafia consists of two sides: the Mafia, and the Town. The Mafia's goal is to kill the innocents, while the Town's goal is to kill the Mafia.
At the beginning of the game, the Moderator will secretly send everyone their role. The Mafia will know each other, while (in the basic game) everyone else will only know their own role.
The game has two phases, the first of which is Day. During Day, the Town must choose someone to Lynch; they are trying to eliminate the Mafia, but the Mafia can lead them astray by casting suspicion elsewhere. Generally, players will vote for someone they think is Mafia (the Mafia will vote so that they seem to be doing this as well, and might even vote for each other to confuse the Town); when a player gets a majority of the votes, they are lynched. Their role is revealed by the Moderator, and it becomes Night.
During the Night, the thread is locked and no one can talk publicly. The Mafia, however, can speak to each other privately to plot strategy and decide who to murder before the next Day begins. In this way, they can silence members of the Town who are threats to them. At the end of the Night, the murder is carried out and another Day begins. In effect, the Town gets to kill someone, and then the Mafia gets to kill someone.
The game alternates between Day and Night until either the Mafia are eliminated, or the Mafia have killed everyone else (or nothing can prevent the same). 

VIA MAFIA SCUM WIKI.

Ah...so it's more of a forum-discussion-game, then ? Now it's becoming clear(er).  Idea  Not sure though if I want to participate yet... Razz

//EDIT

Though I think a Moderator in such a game should be a neutral and trustworthy party (here either a Moderator or Administrator).
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Jun 2016, 11:38

Yes. It will be fun. Trust me. And I do hope some players will join this game.

You can read the game I joined here if you want.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 23 Jun 2016, 11:46

Keyenpeydee wrote:Yes. It will be fun. Trust me. And I do hope some players will join this game.

Could be psychologically interesting, but the game would only make sense if there is a sufficient number of players. I also imagine that another problematic aspect is, the Townies will speak to one another in private (outside the forum), especially if they know one another on the forum here...which could spoil things a bit.

But the idea sounds nice. Very Happy  Maybe you should wait a little to see how big the interest is. Since it's summer maybe more people will visit the forum - and possibly join the game.

P.S. I will move the topic to the "Fun Lounge".
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Jun 2016, 11:51

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Keyenpeydee wrote:Yes. It will be fun. Trust me. And I do hope some players will join this game.

Could be psychologically interesting, but the game would only make sense if there is a sufficient number of players. I also imagine that another problematic aspect is, the Townies will speak to one another in private (outside the forum), especially if they know one another on the forum here...which could spoil things a bit.

But the idea sounds nice. Very Happy  Maybe you should wait a little to see how big the interest is. Since it's summer maybe more people will visit the forum - and possibly join the game.

P.S. I will move the topic to the "Fun Lounge".

Thank you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top