Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 2 crashes after trying to load family (Windows 10)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 2 crashes after trying to load family (Windows 10) Empty The Sims 2 crashes after trying to load family (Windows 10)

Post by Guest Mon 10 Oct 2016, 01:11

Hi there! I'm new (:

And...i have a problem, unfortunately. I hope someone can help me out.

Basically, while playing The Sims 2 the game crashes after trying to load a family.
I tried to delete the cache files in the My Documents folder, but the problem still remains after trying to load a new one. I've downloaded, unzipped and re-installed everything multiple times, carefully following everything in the guide. But the crashing still persists. Even running it in compatibility mode and running it as administrator it still crashes.

Is there any way how to fix this?

Back to top Go down

The Sims 2 crashes after trying to load family (Windows 10) Empty Re: The Sims 2 crashes after trying to load family (Windows 10)

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 10 Oct 2016, 04:18

FlashVeronica wrote:Hi there! I'm new (:

And...i have a problem, unfortunately. I hope someone can help me out.

Basically, while playing The Sims 2 the game crashes after trying to load a family.
I tried to delete the cache files in the My Documents folder, but the problem still remains after trying to load a new one. I've downloaded, unzipped and re-installed everything multiple times, carefully following everything in the guide. But the crashing still persists. Even running it in compatibility mode and running it as administrator it still crashes.

Is there any way how to fix this?

Hello @FlashVeronica and welcome to the forum, Smile

Are you using the Origin "Ultimate Collection" of The Sims 2, or the version from Games4theworld? Also, try starting up the game in windowed mode for now, and see if it makes any difference:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t22465-how-to-play-the-sims-2-in-windowed-mode

Good luck for now!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sims 2 crashes after trying to load family (Windows 10) Empty Re: The Sims 2 crashes after trying to load family (Windows 10)

Post by Guest Tue 11 Oct 2016, 19:10

Yes, i've got the games4theworld version.
Played it in windowed mode as you said and it works! (for now), thank you so much! (:

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 12 Oct 2016, 12:11

FlashVeronica wrote:Yes, i've got the games4theworld version.
Played it in windowed mode as you said and it works! (for now), thank you so much! (:

No problem. But what is the default screen resolution of your computer ? Smile  With some tweaks, you may be able to play the game in fullscreen (again)..
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 18 Oct 2016, 19:16

Hi! Sorry for the late reaction.

I played it on a 1366x768 screen resolution.
Finally got it to work somehow with some tweaks here and there.
I'm glad it's playable now! Still have to delete the cache afterwards, though..

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 19 Oct 2016, 23:57

FlashVeronica wrote:Hi! Sorry for the late reaction.

I played it on a 1366x768 screen resolution.
Finally got it to work somehow with some tweaks here and there.
I'm glad it's playable now! Still have to delete the cache afterwards, though..

Hello again and no worries, Smile

Let's see...maybe we can "squeeze" out a little bit more out of the situation. Very Happy  For now, could you maybe navigate to the location shown in the screenshot below, on your own computer?

The Sims 2 crashes after trying to load family (Windows 10) 2ec5d92378804f67868d7cc017b4dcdb

The screenshot shows the Origin version of TS2, but you should have such a folder too, if you got it from G4TW. It should be called just "The Sims 2", in that case. Look inside the folder (The Sims 2). Do you see any contents in there?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top