Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Update on the Games4theworld TS4-Gallery.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Update on the Games4theworld TS4-Gallery.  - Page 2 Empty Update on the Games4theworld TS4-Gallery.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 28 Oct 2016, 20:37

First topic message reminder :

Dear users, 

Those of you following the Forum will have noticed the introduction of our The Sims 4 Gallery not too long ago, the purpose of which was to provide the files for lots & sims from the official TS4 Gallery, so that people could use those items in their RELOADED/Games4theworld games.

As of the time I am writing this, gallery items downloaded from the Origin-version of the game are not recognizable anymore in RELOADED/Games4theworld versions of the game. This is due to a new patch that was released on Origin. As for the items that have been uploaded thus far (see this here), you can still use them as they are not affected by this new change. It's just that all items downloaded from now on, won't be compatible.

There is a possibility that it may work again in the future, but that is more than unclear at present. Of course, we will keep you posted along the way. As for the actual Gallery section, we will therefore also consider a (temporary?) closure of the section. Regular users will neither be able to reply to topics posted there, or open new threads. However, you can still read up on the topics and also access all the download links. It just doesn't make much sense to allow users to create new threads, when Gallery items are un-usable.

Consequently, these developments also mean that for those of you planning to purchase an Origin-version of the TS4 base game for mere access to the Gallery (and use of the items in pirated TS4 games), you won't be able to use these Gallery items - at least not for the time being. 

At that point there is not too much else to add, but if you have any thoughts or related questions, you're more than welcome to post a comment below. I know a lot of you are going to be disappointed now, but this one here was really out of our hands.

Thank you very much for your attention, and we will of course keep you informed about any new developments. Smile

Last edited by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 19 Nov 2016, 23:24; edited 2 times in total
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Update on the Games4theworld TS4-Gallery.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Update on the Games4theworld TS4-Gallery.

Post by Guest Tue 22 Nov 2016, 14:25

Patricia Bute wasn't created with the demo. The original character with the messed up sliders was from the demo, but the user who made her and uploaded her to the gallery used the base game.

If she was made with the demo, then I could have downloaded her myself.

Back to top Go down

Update on the Games4theworld TS4-Gallery.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Update on the Games4theworld TS4-Gallery.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 22 Nov 2016, 14:43

Cat_Eye wrote:The original character with the messed up sliders was from the demo

OK, but still: I'll assume it will be similar here with sims that you download from other people and then "re-upload" as your own. The original creator is still mentioned, even if you re-upload it under your own game.

Same here. Maybe it is already enough, if the sim was downloaded with the demo? Even if it is then ported to a legit game and uploaded from there.

Either way, I assure you that virtually none of the Gallery-items are working anymore, that is a sad fact. We can only hope that with the next pirated update of TS4, things will be in order again, but...we'll see.

The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 22 Nov 2016, 15:04

I don't think it's like that, because I couldn't use anything that was made with the base game. I could just download things that were created with the demo. This is why I couldn't download Patirica, even though the original character is from the demo. 

Maybe we can give this another try (I know, I'm annoying, sorry Embarassed ) and you could maybe also send me the tray files of the sauce family from CaptainRagu. He created the original characters when the get to work expansion came out. He also didn't use anything from the demo. So if his characters work, then we can determine from where the problem originates. Anyway, I hope that once a repack with City living comes out, we'll get rid of this problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 22 Nov 2016, 16:06

Cat_Eye wrote:I don't think it's like that, because I couldn't use anything that was made with the base game. I could just download things that were created with the demo. This is why I couldn't download Patirica, even though the original character is from the demo. 

Maybe we can give this another try (I know, I'm annoying, sorry Embarassed ) and you could maybe also send me the tray files of the sauce family from CaptainRagu. He created the original characters when the get to work expansion came out. He also didn't use anything from the demo. So if his characters work, then we can determine from where the problem originates. Anyway, I hope that once a repack with City living comes out, we'll get rid of this problem.

You're not annoying at all, and I'm actually surprised that the Saucer-family is place-able in the cracked game. Despite the thumbnails not showing up. I thought I saw people mentioning the change from the Origin patch affects BOTH sims and houses. I myself have mostly tested houses, but not sims. On the other hand, I hope you do understand though that I myself am not "officially" going to work further on that theory? Smile  Maybe I will do some more testing in private, but we are not going to re-open the Gallery section on the possible outlook that it's going to be semi-functional. I know this could be a ray of hope, but...what then? A semi-functional gallery, where at least half the topics need to be replied to with "I'm sorry but the item doesn't show up"?

In that sense: thanks a lot again for raising the issue, and if it wasn't for you, I myself would not have followed this "lead". But please also acknowledge that our decision stands, and ALL Gallery-activity is still on halt. I followed through thus far out of politeness, but I have to ask you now to not post requests anymore for Gallery items. I really hope you understand. The link for the Saucer family:

http://tinyurl.com/zmaaocr
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 22 Nov 2016, 17:59

Cat_Eye wrote:I don't think it's like that, because I couldn't use anything that was made with the base game. I could just download things that were created with the demo. This is why I couldn't download Patirica, even though the original character is from the demo. 

I for one am glad to see another user actively trying to help us figure things out Smile Not annoying at all.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Nov 2016, 13:53

Thank you for the tray files:D.  I understand that these findings aren't enough for the gallery section to be opened again, since the lots, which are way more requested, aren't functonal. But I'm glad that at least we found out that the sims from the gallery can still be used. 
If the new repack solves this problem, then I'll make other requests. If not, well, I already played the game for over a year without getting anything from the gallery, appart from some sims which were created with the demo. The two requests I made were actually the sims I wanted the most, but they also were useful, since I knew exactly when they were made and I wanted to find out how much that it mattered with which version they were uploaded.
If the gallery won't be functional anymore, then it would probably be a good idea that people who use cracked versions would start to exchange our creations among each other. We'll find out soon if the problem will be resolved.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 23 Nov 2016, 14:28

Cat_Eye wrote:
If the gallery won't be functional anymore, then it would probably be a good idea that people who use cracked versions would start to exchange our creations among each other. 

That is an excellent idea!
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 23 Nov 2016, 22:41

Cat_Eye wrote:If the gallery won't be functional anymore, then it would probably be a good idea that people who use cracked versions would start to exchange our creations among each other. 

Not bad indeed, but I myself have said all along: there needs to be sufficient interest among the community. We have just merged a bunch of forum sections, and it wouldn't make much sense to open more forum sections that could possibly only have very few contributions. Some users (3 or 4?) indeed asked about a possible user-made gallery in the past, but my objection was - and still is - that now is not the right time to go ahead with the idea.

We'll really have to see how viable that idea will become in the (near) future.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 24 Nov 2016, 11:10

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Cat_Eye wrote:If the gallery won't be functional anymore, then it would probably be a good idea that people who use cracked versions would start to exchange our creations among each other. 

Not bad indeed, but I myself have said all along: there needs to be sufficient interest among the community. We have just merged a bunch of forum sections, and it wouldn't make much sense to open more forum sections that could possibly only have very few contributions. Some users (3 or 4?) indeed asked about a possible user-made gallery in the past, but my objection was - and still is - that now is not the right time to go ahead with the idea.

We'll really have to see how viable that idea will become in the (near) future.

Perhaps as a (single) thread inside the existing gallery.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 24 Nov 2016, 20:08

Ɛɗιη wrote:Perhaps as a (single) thread inside the existing gallery.

That would possibly make the thread tough to follow, on the other hand. For now, people can post their creations here, if they so choose:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/f47-the-sims-emporium

And if we decide to open a new subforum about user-made items in the future, the posts from the Sims Emporium can be moved.  Carlos is tha man
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 24 Nov 2016, 21:00

I'll probably post my sims in that thread in the future. I've got over a 100 of them (aging is turned off). It's a little bit of everything, since depending on my mood, I can choose casual families, really bizzare families or something in the middle. I think there's something for everyone in that bunch.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 06 Dec 2016, 07:45

I'm going to lock the topic now. Smile  In case anybody has any follow-up question(s) about the TS4 Gallery itself, feel free to message me or another Mod/Admin. We will of course keep you all posted about any news.

Until then, have fun!

P.S. user-made creations can be posted in a new topic in The Sims Emporium. I also want to emphasize again, that at present we will NOT be taking any further requests for items in the TS4-Gallery anymore.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top