Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TS4 Wineskin – Installing EP's results in error upon launch

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TS4 Wineskin – Installing EP's results in error upon launch Empty TS4 Wineskin – Installing EP's results in error upon launch

Post by Guest Sun 13 Nov 2016, 19:12

I followed the instructions to a T. TS4 base game works well enough. However, once I install the first EP (using the copy/paste method, as there is no executable), upon launch I get an error.

Edit: I actually can't get the base game to work now either. After trashing and reinstalling, I get this error upon launch:

Code:
Unable to start:

The contents of your user data directory were created by a newer version of The Sims 4 and cannot be loaded. Please update your game via Origin to play.

Back to top Go down

TS4 Wineskin – Installing EP's results in error upon launch Empty Re: TS4 Wineskin – Installing EP's results in error upon launch

Post by Guest Wed 16 Nov 2016, 12:10

Have you tried going to Documents > Electronic Arts and taking out/deleting The Sims 4 folder? Try that out and open the game again.

Back to top Go down

TS4 Wineskin – Installing EP's results in error upon launch Empty Re: TS4 Wineskin – Installing EP's results in error upon launch

Post by Guest Mon 09 Jan 2017, 03:16

aureatation wrote:Have you tried going to Documents > Electronic Arts and taking out/deleting The Sims 4 folder? Try that out and open the game again.

Thank you for your response. 

I tried this, and when I launched I got the notification that the Digital Deluxe edition stuff had been added to my game, but still don't have the new neighborhoods (except the one that came for free with one of the updates), and none of the other expansion content. 

I've also tried the Origin installation trick to no avail.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top