Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help format everything this Laptop (Aspire Switch 10)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Help format everything this Laptop (Aspire Switch 10) Empty Help format everything this Laptop (Aspire Switch 10)

Post by Guest Mon 28 Nov 2016, 15:50

So I have this laptop in 2014 the Aspire Switch 10, and I decided to try to format it but I can't because the option it gives me is factory reset but I don't want to reset it to windows 8. I want to install windows 10 by formatting the C: drive completely, but I couldn't find it out how to do so, by any means can someone show me how I can format this restrictive model?

Back to top Go down

Help format everything this Laptop (Aspire Switch 10) Empty Re: Help format everything this Laptop (Aspire Switch 10)

Post by Guest Mon 05 Dec 2016, 17:56

I was talking about how to format everything completely.

Back to top Go down

Help format everything this Laptop (Aspire Switch 10) Empty Re: Help format everything this Laptop (Aspire Switch 10)

Post by Guest Mon 05 Dec 2016, 18:38

1. Make sure you have either an original Win 10 dvd or you have made a recovery-disk, USB, or DVD.
   Instructions can be found on the Microsoft site  (Google on How to recover windows 10).
2. When you re-install Win 10 with the USB-stick or the CD, you get the option for a clean installation (This means nothing will be left on the C: Drive.
3. Format your D: drive if you want and you have a clean PC
4. After the succesful installation of Win 10 you can perform a disk clean up (as Administrator) and delete Windows.old.

As a matter of fact, I just performed a clean installation last Saturday with a recovery USB-stick.
The whole procedure took about 3 hours.

Prior to removal or re-installing Windows 10 run Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder to retrieve your installation-ID for Win 10.
Good chance that you don't need it, but better safe than sorry.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracos66 Fri 09 Dec 2016, 05:04

You can insert the Windows 10 DVD/USB stick  into your CD/DVD drive/USB port and reboot from the DVD/USB stick.

Select Esc or F11 as soon as the computer starts up (it may be another F key but these two are most common) and select Boot Manager. Choose your CD/DVD drive, or USB if using a bootable USB stick, and click OK/Apply. Select Save and Exit then reboot. This should load the Windows 10 installer and ask if you want to upgrade or do a clean install. Select clean install and follow the prompts.

You will need to download (before you do a clean install) the Windows 10 drivers for the Acer and save them to a USB/DVD so you can install them after Windows 10 is finished installing.
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Help format everything this Laptop (Aspire Switch 10) Empty Format

Post by Guest Fri 10 Feb 2017, 12:44

storeguy wrote:So I have this laptop in 2014 the Aspire Switch 10, and I decided to try to format it but I can't because the option it gives me is factory reset but I don't want to reset it to windows 8. I want to install windows 10 by formatting the C: drive completely, but I couldn't find it out how to do so, by any means can someone show me how I can format this restrictive model?
I Send You A PM About It. You're Probably gonna need a Key. But From what i know there is a ton on the internet (i tried some myself) Just make sure you have something

to look on the internet with.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 10 Feb 2017, 19:57

Dynamokills wrote:I Send You A PM About It. You're Probably gonna need a Key. But From what i know there is a ton on the internet (i tried some myself) Just make sure you have something

Hello,

Note, that you can mention the names of programs that you use for this stuff, even if you can't link in your messages to them. It would also help other people, who are reading this thread. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Feb 2017, 20:32

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Dynamokills wrote:I Send You A PM About It. You're Probably gonna need a Key. But From what i know there is a ton on the internet (i tried some myself) Just make sure you have something

Hello,

Note, that you can mention the names of programs that you use for this stuff, even if you can't link in your messages to them. It would also help other people, who are reading this thread. Smile
I Included it in the PM

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Feb 2017, 21:09

Create a recovery USB, see This Microsoft site
Start your PC from this drive
You can now format your C drive
Then install the Windows again from your recovery usb.
You'll have a drive C with windows 8.1 only.

I know that this is not what you want because you want win10.
Buy it or search the intenet for a cracked copy.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 10 Feb 2017, 22:31

Dynamokills wrote:I Included it in the PM

My point was, other users who read this thread might also want to know how you solved the issue, and they can't read the PMs you sent. Smile  Which is why I suggested you consider posting about it on the Forum here, so others can learn about it as well.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Feb 2017, 23:15

storeguy wrote:So I have this laptop in 2014 the Aspire Switch 10, and I decided to try to format it but I can't because the option it gives me is factory reset but I don't want to reset it to windows 8. I want to install windows 10 by formatting the C: drive completely, but I couldn't find it out how to do so, by any means can someone show me how I can format this restrictive model?
The Program I've Used For This is Called  The Media Creation Tool. if you search it up on google it should pop up with the official microsoft site.

Under there Is A Button That Says "Download Tool Now" Rest should be easy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 07 Aug 2017, 16:04

In my experience, I wiped my win10 pc. I had an old blank cd lying around, and made it a boot disc. Then, after that I put it in my pc, messed with the bios CAUTION DOING STUFF WRONG HERE CAN DESTROY YOUR PC to make it boot from the CD and selected Keep Nothing and voila! fresh as a daisy Windows 10.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top