Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Windows XP Recovery Disk SP2.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Windows XP Recovery Disk SP2. Empty Windows XP Recovery Disk SP2.

Post by Guest Sun 04 Dec 2016, 22:24

I need to restore a pc that I had sitting in the basement for a while.

I dont know where the OG cd's are and cant seem to find the free download at Microsoft, even though I know it used to be there.
I'd really appreciate it if I could get one from here, and if not, I'd like some help to find a legit copy.

Mod edit: moved to "Software".

- The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

Windows XP Recovery Disk SP2. Empty Re: Windows XP Recovery Disk SP2.

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 04 Dec 2016, 23:55

Hello,

That free download is probably gone because XP is no longer being supported by Microsoft.
Why not install a newer version of Windows on that PC? 
If it's data you need from the HD, it's not very complicated to get it without having to install the OS.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 11 Dec 2016, 09:48

HelloLove98 wrote:I need to restore a pc that I had sitting in the basement for a while.

I dont know where the OG cd's are and cant seem to find the free download at Microsoft, even though I know it used to be there.
I'd really appreciate it if I could get one from here, and if not, I'd like some help to find a legit copy.

Hello,

I looked around, and found I still have an .ISO for Windows XP Professional (SP3), which I successfully used myself about a year ago, to re-install Windows XP on an older laptop. Would you want me to upload that .ISO, so you can try it yourself? Smile

Note, as for the - most important - drivers for that computer, you would need to look them up yourself, or maybe you even have a CD with drivers somewhere that came when you purchased that computer.

//EDIT

Sorry for the late reply,

I haven't been posting much lately (which is my excuse Very Happy ). If you are still interested, I uploaded something here:
https://goo.gl/PCxODL

Extract with WinRAR, and then burn the .ISO image to a CD/DVD, or create a bootable USB-flashdrive (google for e.g. the tool "Rufus", to help you with that, if need be). 

Good luck, and sorry again for the late reply. alien
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top