Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help needed with PC and console setup to my TV?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Help needed with PC and console setup to my TV? Empty Help needed with PC and console setup to my TV?

Post by Guest Sun 18 Dec 2016, 03:38

This might sound abit complicated but here goes. My tv only has 1 HDMI input but i have a PC and an Xbox One and a Wii... so the simple solution was to run the PC and the Wii (with the use of one of those Wii-to-HDMI adapters) firstly through a HDMI hub which then runs through the Xbox One's HDMI pass-through and all of that actually works just fine. 

Whenever i want to use my PC or Wii i just turn the Xbox on and select OneGuide and everything works perfectly... except when i go to play one of my PC games (Steam, Origin etc.) As i said everything else works perfectly but for some reason when i try to launch a PC game it just won't work. 

I disconnected the PC's HDMI chord from the hub and just plugged it right into the Xbox and that fixed the problem, but still i just like how it was set up because the Xbox was basically acting as a "central hub" for my whole setup and apart from this one thing (as i've said a couple times now) everything was working just fine. 

I'm FAR from a PC expert (still just a novice really) but i'm sure all i have to do is just change a setting somewhere and that'll fix everything. Hopefully one of you lovely nerds who followed all that will know what to do. Thanks. 

P.S. Incase anyone was going to suggest to just use Dolphin Emulator instead, i can't because it's garbage and my PC is mid-range at best anyway.
Update: Just incase you need to know my PC specs, they are... 

Operating System : Windows 10 Home 64 bit 
Processor/CPU : Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83GHz 
Video Card/GPU : AMD Radeon R7 360 
Memory/RAM : 8GB

Back to top Go down

Help needed with PC and console setup to my TV? Empty Re: Help needed with PC and console setup to my TV?

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 18 Dec 2016, 09:37

Ok, well I'm thinking about that setup and I'm like, no, the simple solution is to have one HDMI cable coming from the tv which you plug into whichever device you're going to use because you're not going to use them all at once, that's what I used to do back when I had a tv with HDMI.

There is no reason why you would be able to use your PC, unless you're playing a game. Perhaps your PC thinks there's another screen connected, and starts the game on the nonexisting screen? Got to Settings > Display to find out if that is the case.

Another possibility is that the game you're starting is set to display on a higher resolution than your screen can handle. Depending on the game, you would have to dig into the gamefiles and find a text file that has the settings.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Help needed with PC and console setup to my TV? Empty Re: Help needed with PC and console setup to my TV?

Post by Guest Sun 18 Dec 2016, 22:25

You lost me there. I'll try to put it as simple as i can...

Your first paragraph - Yes i don't use all at the same time but i said i like having the Xbox as my "central hub" for the whole setup (you know like how people prefer a console with backwards compatibility - because it's "all-in-one").

I actually use my PC for basically everything (movies, music, gaming, internet, multimedia etc.) however as i said my PC is only mid-range so i need the Xbox for current-gen games... and it also does have a few apps that PC doesn't have that i like to use too.

Plus say i'm playing a game on my Xbox and just want to quickly check my social media... it's so convenient to just pause, bring up the dashboard and just click on OneGuide... and vice-versa too. If i'm on my PC and one of my Xbox friends wants to invite me to Call Of Duty for example, a message will pop up and it takes just a couple of seconds to switch over. I hope that was easy to understand.

As i said everything was working just fine - i WAS actually playing Steam and Origin games on my PC which WAS running through my Xbox's pass-through with absolutely no issues at all. However i bought a Wii for $20 because there was a few Wii and Gamecube games i just really missed playing and i tried Dolphin Emulator but it truly is crap, so i just said f**k it and bought the Wii.

Now... even with the PC and the Wii connected to the HDMI hub (which is then connected to the pass-through on the Xbox) everything STILL works perfectly. If i'm on the PC and turn the Wii on the screen simply changes to the Wii menu, and then when i turn it off it just goes back to the PC screen. It's pretty simple actually.

The ONE AND ONLY problem now is the PC games... surfing the net, streaming video, using multimedia etc. still works EXACTLY the same as before. Whatever the issue is now is obviously something to do with the HDMI hub... but i'm sure i just need to change a setting or two and that'll fix it. I hope i explained it clearer now. Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top