Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SIMS 4 WINESKIN - ADDONS DON'T WORK - Copying Folders Problem??

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SIMS 4 WINESKIN - ADDONS DON'T WORK - Copying Folders Problem?? Empty SIMS 4 WINESKIN - ADDONS DON'T WORK - Copying Folders Problem??

Post by Guest Mon 20 Feb 2017, 18:45

Help Hi! I appreciate all that you guys do here and I have benefited from it previously. At this time, I've installed the base game Sims 4 and I got it to work. Then I added the content for Get to Work and the game still operated, but it did not show any new content. I tried adding all of the addons and the game would never start. I spent 24 hours trying to solve this and do every technical walkthrough I knew how. Here is what I know:

1. I was successful in running the base game (so far perfectly), but nothing else.

2. I have no origin errors whatsoever. I didn't even have origin installed until I thought perhaps not having it installed was the problem.

3. I copied the contents of all folders (not the entire folders) - this produced game errors (fatal error)

4. I tried using the ultimate fix after installing all folders - fatal error

*I am using G4TW downloads ONLY

I feel there is some step I'm missing.

• I created a new wineskin wrapper.

• I installed the base game on it. (ran game...works)

• I copied the contents of all the Get to Work folders over (ran game - fatal error)

Previously I tried installing all add-ons before checking in between each time whether it was working, but I stopped this because I figured it would help me find exactly where the error was.

My firewall is on and not accepting anything coming in...BUT this might be irrelevant since I didn't have Origin in the first place.

If ANYONE has gotten all the add-ons to work PLEASE PLEASE HELP!  ANY advice would be helpful. I have really tried everything I know how to do and for some reason GET TO WORK content doesn't show up and if I add any more games like Get Together, the game gets errors.

I'm using a Mac with Wineskin and the base game runs VERY well. It's just the base game is not what I wanted. I was hoping to try City Living if possible and I really love the doctor career in Get to Work and the social system of Get Together. 

Why. If I have made any errors or not searched the site enough, I apologize. This is the first time I was stuck so bad I needed to post a question. I have read the Wineskin tutorial LITERALLY 50 times word for word. The folder copying is where my game stops working properly.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top