Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zoo Tycoon 2 Ultimate Collection - Autorun doesn't start.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Zoo Tycoon 2 Ultimate Collection - Autorun doesn't start. Empty Zoo Tycoon 2 Ultimate Collection - Autorun doesn't start.

Post by Guest Tue 14 Mar 2017, 19:20

I've done everything but autorun doesn't open, I already put it in administrator mode and compatibility with windows vista, I already tried to open setup.exe but it asks to open autorun, what i do?

//EDIT

I managed to solve the problem but now, at the time of installation, it asks the disk 2

Back to top Go down

Zoo Tycoon 2 Ultimate Collection - Autorun doesn't start. Empty Re: Zoo Tycoon 2 Ultimate Collection - Autorun doesn't start.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 15 Mar 2017, 05:00

Welcome to the Forum,

Did you use WinRAR for extracting? Did you extract ALL contents of the .rar, into one single empty folder? Did you then run the installation, from within the folder?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Zoo Tycoon 2 Ultimate Collection - Autorun doesn't start. Empty Re: Zoo Tycoon 2 Ultimate Collection - Autorun doesn't start.

Post by Guest Wed 15 Mar 2017, 15:51

I extracted using WinRAR, but autorun didn't work, then I made the folder in ISO and it opened there, but in the installation it is asking for disk 2

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 16 Mar 2017, 07:02

Crazy0 wrote:I extracted using WinRAR, but autorun didn't work, then I made the folder in ISO and it opened there, but in the installation it is asking for disk 2

If you burned the entire (!) contents of the .rar file into an .iso image, it should technically work, but I'm not sure what could be happening on your end.

Did you put the folder with the extracted contents, directly on the desktop, and tried running the installation from there? What about the subfolder "Files", within the download? There is a "Startup.exe" file, which you could use to start the game.

Also, consider re-downloading the game, with a different torrent client as well. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 16 Mar 2017, 17:00

I was able to install the game, thank you. But I can't take photos with the photo safari, do you know if can fix this?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 17 Mar 2017, 16:53

Crazy0 wrote:I was able to install the game, thank you. But I can't take photos with the photo safari, do you know if can fix this?

Is this the thing where the player has to take a picture of a zoo guest, who is playing with some hand puppet, or is that something else entirely? 

scratch

Either way, it's probably a glitch. The "Ultimate Collection" of the game - to my knowledge - is patched to the latest available version, but I may be wrong on that one. There are a number of in-game glitches, most of them relatively minor.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Mar 2017, 17:29

It is what you take a photo of the animals, visitors, among others, some missions ask for this but since I can't take the photo because of the bug I can not do them.

To take the picture you have to press on the space bar, I press but don't take the photo

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 18 Mar 2017, 02:58

Crazy0 wrote:It is what you take a photo of the animals, visitors, among others, some missions ask for this but since I can't take the photo because of the bug I can not do them.

To take the picture you have to press on the space bar, I press but don't take the photo

I guess this is a "photo-glitch" then.  WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Mar 2017, 03:11

Crazy0 wrote:I extracted using WinRAR, but autorun didn't work, then I made the folder in ISO and it opened there, but in the installation it is asking for disk 2

Hello,
I too am having trouble with this step in the installation process where it asks me to insert disk 2. Is this because I'm running it from an .iso file? Should I not mount an iso file and just run it as is? I'd like to install the game to the computer instead of just running it from the "files" folder because I'd like to add the radical remake mods, and I can't figure out how to do that if the game doesn't actually install.

Edit: I've gotten it to work by just putting the files in C:/program files (x86orwhatever)/microsoft games/Zoo Tycoon 2 . I think it's mostly working. I mean I got extinct animals and marine mania to work after persistence and even the radical remake mod mostly works. (For some reason it's using the original skins on the mod's meshes, which results in some demonic-looking animals but that's not anything wrong with the base game.) I ended up buying physical copies off of amazon just to have them, because I'll probably get a new computer at some point and feel too old to figure this stuff out. Too bad blue fang isn't around anymore to get the proceeds.

Thanks anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Mar 2017, 16:29

I am having an issue installing this as well.  Zoo Tycoon 2 Ultimate Collection - Autorun doesn't start. Setup_10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top