Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can I choose only which EP(along with its SP) to install? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

silent install - Can I choose only which EP(along with its SP) to install? [SOLVED] Empty Can I choose only which EP(along with its SP) to install? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 25 May 2017, 08:19

I need to know if I can just install up to City Living only? I don't think my HDD will have space for now. Looking forward for your kind response.

Back to top Go down

silent install - Can I choose only which EP(along with its SP) to install? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Can I choose only which EP(along with its SP) to install? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 25 May 2017, 09:18

Yes. you can. runs perfectly.

Back to top Go down

silent install - Can I choose only which EP(along with its SP) to install? [SOLVED] Empty Re: Can I choose only which EP(along with its SP) to install? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 30 May 2017, 07:50

Loonieloose wrote:Yes. you can. runs perfectly.
Thanks! If I am also not capable of fitting City Living into my system, will it work if I stopped at Get Together? Also, I just want to confirm if skipping an EP is not acceptable?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 May 2017, 10:21

I think you can not skip an EP. But you can play only up to base game, or getting to work, or whatever follows. You cannot play base game combined with toddlers and Vampires only. But I am speaking under correction here. This is how I understand it.

Back to top Go down

silent install - Can I choose only which EP(along with its SP) to install? [SOLVED] Empty Can I choose only which EP(along with its SP) to install?

Post by Guest Tue 30 May 2017, 10:45

Can I choose only which EP(along with its SPs) to install?
As much as I want to try them all, I don't think my PC has enough storage and I want to play as light as possible with only few expansions. (I don't mind going few I think I would still enjoy the game.) Will they still work? Will they work by installing them in order? (I've been told not to skip any EPs) My plan is just to get the base game, GTW and GT sets. If my PC can handle another, CL.

I know that it is recommended to go for the complete package but it would be nice if this is possible. Thank you. Looking forward for a kind response.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 May 2017, 11:27

With the Reloaded and G4TW downloads you can delete some DLC's afterwards.
With ZLOrigin you can choose what you want to install.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 May 2017, 11:36

Tarac wrote:With the Reloaded and G4TW downloads you can delete some DLC's afterwards.
With ZLOrigin you can choose what you want to install.
Does this mean with the Reloaded and G4TW I have to install them all then delete afterwards?
With ZLOrigin, can I choose only the EPs?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 May 2017, 11:39

ZLOrigin will either overwrite your already installed Reloaded/G4TW games or it creates a new folder.
Yes in ZLorigin you can choose what you want to download.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 May 2017, 11:47

But about the G4TW method, can I just stop at a certain EP set, like stopping at Get Together set along with its SPs?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 May 2017, 11:51

Yes you can.
You can't do f.e. base game + City Living.
Keep the correct order for downloading and installing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 May 2017, 16:17

Loonieloose wrote:I think you can not skip an EP. But you can play only up to base game, or getting to work, or whatever follows. You cannot play base game combined with toddlers and Vampires only. But I am speaking under correction here. This is how I understand it.

Hi @spacecamper,

This is indeed correct. You cannot skip an older EP to play a NEW one. 
Do keep us updated if your questions has been answered regarding the above. If you encounter a bug or any kind, do open a new topic with said bug as the title so it won't clutter the thread.  Very Happy 

EDIT: Topic merged from you previous one. Do keep to one thread if it's related.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 31 May 2017, 18:23

Ageha wrote:
Loonieloose wrote:I think you can not skip an EP. But you can play only up to base game, or getting to work, or whatever follows. You cannot play base game combined with toddlers and Vampires only. But I am speaking under correction here. This is how I understand it.

Hi @spacecamper,

This is indeed correct. You cannot skip an older EP to play a NEW one. 
Do keep us updated if your questions has been answered regarding the above. If you encounter a bug or any kind, do open a new topic with said bug as the title so it won't clutter the thread.  Very Happy 

EDIT: Topic merged from you previous one. Do keep to one thread if it's related.
Many thanks to all of you!

I'll keep you guys updated soon after I got it running. I have decided to try up to GTW only so as to not shock my PC. Oh my... I don't have to use the Ultimate Fix right?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 31 May 2017, 20:45

NO. Please don't. Only base game and get to work and then, if you have space get together. Good luck and enjoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Jun 2017, 02:48

Guys! It worked! I just copied the extracted contents from Get To Work so yeah, it worked! Thank you for being patient with me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Jun 2017, 15:24

Glad to hear that you've got it running! Feel free to open a new thread (if there is none) should you encounter a new bug.

Happy Simming~! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top