Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 install (Regedit.exe missing)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

silent install - Sims 4 install (Regedit.exe missing) Empty Sims 4 install (Regedit.exe missing)

Post by Guest Mon 05 Jun 2017, 09:09

I went into regedit to change my primary for the install but it is still pulling up as my c drive and i cant install and now when i try to open regedit back up its telling me windows cant find it . help please  Why.

Back to top Go down

silent install - Sims 4 install (Regedit.exe missing) Empty Re: Sims 4 install (Regedit.exe missing)

Post by Guest Mon 05 Jun 2017, 15:58

Actually, there's no need to change the regedit if you want to install it to a different path file. What do you mean windows can't find exactly? 

Back to top Go down

silent install - Sims 4 install (Regedit.exe missing) Empty Re: Sims 4 install (Regedit.exe missing)

Post by Guest Mon 05 Jun 2017, 16:35

Everytime i try to pull up regedit now an error message pops up saying windows can't find it and i can't pull up disk management either . I think i might have messed up my windows changing the drives

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Jun 2017, 16:54

Open cmd (or you can search for cmd) then type regedit. After that see if you are able to open it now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Jun 2017, 18:04

No its still giving me the same message

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Jun 2017, 18:29

Checking: Under C:\Windows, do you see any regedit.exe? If yes, click on that. If no, take a look at these steps here and see if you're able to open the regedit.

Also, if you have a system restore point, you can revert the pc back to when BEFORE you made any changes in the registry. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Jun 2017, 20:03

I already tried those steps and it still didn't work .for me and even me trying to install it's giving me error messages

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Jun 2017, 13:45

I'm sorry, unfortunately at this point, I think you have to repair your pc? If you know a tech expert, it'll help as well. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Jun 2017, 14:24

alright thanks for your help anyway

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Jun 2017, 15:16

I hope it gets fixed soon. I'll keep the topic open and edit the title in case others might have a solution later on. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top