Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 4 stuck at loading screen after following install instructions [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

silent install - The Sims 4 stuck at loading screen after following install instructions [SOLVED] Empty The Sims 4 stuck at loading screen after following install instructions [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 13 Jun 2017, 09:13

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game and all updates directly from G4TW, and still my game won't move past the loading screen. The game freezes (but not crashes) after the Parenthood introduction pops up for the first time. I tried removing Parenthood from the game, but am still having a freezing issue before the main menu even comes up.

I just tried removing the 'Game' file again and am now adding the Parenthood and 1.30.105.1010 updates to the the game again.

Why does my game insist on freezing? It took me six hours to redownload everything, not to mention the unpacking time. I feel like I just wasted my time.

Back to top Go down

silent install - The Sims 4 stuck at loading screen after following install instructions [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 4 stuck at loading screen after following install instructions [SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 13 Jun 2017, 10:34

Hello,

I think it will be fixed once you install Parenthood, and the latest patch. Please keep us posted!
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

silent install - The Sims 4 stuck at loading screen after following install instructions [SOLVED] Empty Re: The Sims 4 stuck at loading screen after following install instructions [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 13 Jun 2017, 15:48

Thank you! It does get past the loading screen now, but it takes around 20 minutes. Could this be an issue with my PC?

The error that says my uninstalled packs are being downloaded shows as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Jun 2017, 19:37

artemisfox wrote:Thank you! It does get past the loading screen now, but it takes around 20 minutes. Could this be an issue with my PC?

The error that says my uninstalled packs are being downloaded shows as well.
Do you have any mods/CCs installed. It takes a little longer to load the Sims 4 now, I must admit. Wat. So I don't think the reason is your PC. If your pc meets the requirement, there's no reason it should be an issue. Is the game pack 'installed' now after you exited and restarted the game?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Jun 2017, 23:19

No mods as of yet. Also, the error saying the packs are downloading pops up every time. Though there's no way for me to tell if anything is actually missing because I don't know what's included.

Update: I've confirmed that the content from Get Together, Spa Day, Luxury Party, Perfect Patio, Cool Kitchen, and Spooky Stuff are missing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Jun 2017, 05:50

UPDATE: I've solved the issue after some digging through The Sims 4 folder in Program Files. When I got into the folder for Get Together, EP02, I noticed that the only files there were for various strings. The 'Worlds', ClientFullBuild', and so on files were missing after the 1.30 update. So, I went back to the .rar file for Get Together and copied those files to C:\Program Files\The Sims 4\GP02. After that, I loaded the game and the content was there!

Problem solved!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Jun 2017, 17:56

Haha! I see. It seems it got deleted in the 'installation' process. Some files are like that, so next time if you see any packs in download, re-installing them first might be a good start.

Feel free to open a new topic if you have more problems. Cheers! Very Happy

Problem solved; Topic closed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top