Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Install Sims 4 on Chromebox... Yay or Nay?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

silent install - Install Sims 4 on Chromebox... Yay or Nay? Empty Install Sims 4 on Chromebox... Yay or Nay?

Post by Guest Fri 16 Jun 2017, 10:11

Is it possible to install The Sims 4 from G4TW on a Chromebox? I figured since it does not use Origin, there could be a possible workaround? Help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Back to top Go down

silent install - Install Sims 4 on Chromebox... Yay or Nay? Empty Re: Install Sims 4 on Chromebox... Yay or Nay?

Post by Guest Fri 16 Jun 2017, 10:36

Domino241 wrote:Is it possible to install The Sims 4 from G4TW on a Chromebox? I figured since it does not use Origin, there could be a possible workaround? Help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
That depends on the storage capacity of your chromebox.
Usually it's only 16 GB and the complete set of DLC's already requires over 30 GB capacity.
I also have my doubts about the graphic cards used in chromeboxes.

Back to top Go down

silent install - Install Sims 4 on Chromebox... Yay or Nay? Empty Re: Install Sims 4 on Chromebox... Yay or Nay?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 16 Jun 2017, 14:45

Domino241 wrote:Is it possible to install The Sims 4 from G4TW on a Chromebox? I figured since it does not use Origin, there could be a possible workaround? Help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Maybe for more storage you could connect an external hard-drive via USB (I read the maximum internal filespace capacity is only 32GB). But yes, like Tarac said, the hardware itself may not be able to handle the game, but I suppose if you use the pirated version you could give it a try. Make sure to follow the instructions here in that case:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly

It seems though, that these computers are intended for business/office purposes; if you can afford it, try saving up for a more suitable desktop PC system for your gaming needs. Even if it's just The Sims 4. Doesn't have to be a top-notch gaming desktop machine, but these mini-computers/netbooks/tablets that are so commonly-used these days...you probably don't want to waste time with them when wanting to play games.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Jun 2017, 14:57

Even connecting an external HDD can result in difficulties as not enough power is generated via the USB port.
In that case you need an USB-hub with external power.
I managed to install The Sims-4 on a Micro SD-card (32 GB) but still cannot play the game as the graphics card (Intel) is not suitable. On top of that, the Atom CPU of 1.6 Ghz cannot keep up with the Game requirements.
You can state at least that it's not recommendable.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 16 Jun 2017, 16:33

Tarac wrote:You can state at least that it's not recommendable.

Probably yes; maybe the OP could try running only the basegame and no DLC, and see how well (or badly) the game runs on that setup. Also:

Domino241 wrote:I figured since it does not use Origin, there could be a possible workaround? Help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Maybe I'm misunderstanding that part, but why would the cracked game not using Origin, be an advantage here? The Origin client itself takes maybe a few hundred MBs in terms of installation size (on my system it shows as having 310MB). With that Chromebox, you would have the same issues with or without Origin.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top