Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to install the ultimate fix? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

silent install - How to install the ultimate fix? [SOLVED] Empty How to install the ultimate fix? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 11 Jul 2017, 14:33

Basically, my problem is that I am very confused.
Let me start from the beginning.

So currently I am downloading your Sims 4 Base Game and waiting for it to finish. However, since I have a laptop and it is not the greatest, I decided to apply the Ultimate Fix instead of downloading all the DLCs. (It would also take forever since my internet speed is pretty slow).

However, after downloading the "fix" I noticed the size of the rar file is only about 19MB. Is that supposed to be like that since your site says it should be about 3GB?

I also extracted the files but in there, there was no installation guide. What do I do with the two Applications "TS4" and "TS4_x64"? And what do I do with the various "RldOrigin" files?

I also did some research on the forum and people say it shouldn't be installed at all because there is a DLC that replaces it? Why is that not mentioned in the "How to install The Sims 4 correctly?" thread? There is no mention of the Ultimate Fix there but the Ultimate Fix thread is updated regularly. I am a confused mess.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Back to top Go down

silent install - How to install the ultimate fix? [SOLVED] Empty Re: How to install the ultimate fix? [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 11 Jul 2017, 19:21

Hello and welcome to the Forum,

The current update-only fix is or should be 2.83GB in size if I recall correctly. If you are having difficulties with the direct download links, please try the torrent/magnet ones. Smile  Note that before installing the current update-only fix, you have to move out or delete the subfolder "Game" from your TS4 installation folder. Then you just copy/paste the fix stuff into your TS4 install folder. When prompted, overwrite existing files.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

silent install - How to install the ultimate fix? [SOLVED] Empty Re: How to install the ultimate fix? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 11 Jul 2017, 21:53

In the end, the direct link located where the announcement is worked. I had to install MEGA and download using it, but after following all the instructions, it works now. Thank you so much Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 11 Jul 2017, 22:42

MaraV wrote:In the end, the direct link located where the announcement is worked. I had to install MEGA and download using it, but after following all the instructions, it works now. Thank you so much Very Happy

Technically you don't have to "install" anything to download (from MEGA) - you could have also clicked on "Download through browser". But good to hear you got it working nonetheless. Have fun with the game and feel free to post back in case of further questions; just open a new topic then.

Problem solved, topic closed. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top