Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"The version of The Sims 3 installed is not updatable and is not compatible with The Sims 3 [World Adventures/Ambitions/Late Night/Generations/Seasons/University Life]”

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"The version of The Sims 3 installed is not updatable and is not compatible with The Sims 3 [World Adventures/Ambitions/Late Night/Generations/Seasons/University Life]” Empty "The version of The Sims 3 installed is not updatable and is not compatible with The Sims 3 [World Adventures/Ambitions/Late Night/Generations/Seasons/University Life]”

Post by Guest Wed 19 Jul 2017, 00:50

I'm trying to install The Sims 3 and some expansion packs. I've been following the games4theworld Sims 3 Mac Installation Guide exactly. I managed to install the base game, but for all the expansion packs I've tried to install I've gotten the error in the title of this post. I've seen some other posts about this error, but they all seem to say that they've managed to get some expansion packs installed, it's just this one that won't work--whereas for me, I'm getting this same error for all the expansion packs I've tried to install. Does anyone have an idea of what I can do about this?

If it matters I'm running Capitan 10.11.6. If other info about my system would be helpful I can provide it. Thanks for any help!

Back to top Go down

"The version of The Sims 3 installed is not updatable and is not compatible with The Sims 3 [World Adventures/Ambitions/Late Night/Generations/Seasons/University Life]” Empty Re: "The version of The Sims 3 installed is not updatable and is not compatible with The Sims 3 [World Adventures/Ambitions/Late Night/Generations/Seasons/University Life]”

Post by Guest Wed 19 Jul 2017, 02:01

heave_ho wrote:I'm trying to install The Sims 3 and some expansion packs. I've been following the games4theworld Sims 3 Mac Installation Guide exactly. I managed to install the base game, but for all the expansion packs I've tried to install I've gotten the error in the title of this post. I've seen some other posts about this error, but they all seem to say that they've managed to get some expansion packs installed, it's just this one that won't work--whereas for me, I'm getting this same error for all the expansion packs I've tried to install. Does anyone have an idea of what I can do about this?

If it matters I'm running Capitan 10.11.6. If other info about my system would be helpful I can provide it. Thanks for any help!

Hi, have you tried applying the manual patch first before installing the expansions?
give it a go and let us know Smile

Back to top Go down

"The version of The Sims 3 installed is not updatable and is not compatible with The Sims 3 [World Adventures/Ambitions/Late Night/Generations/Seasons/University Life]” Empty Re: "The version of The Sims 3 installed is not updatable and is not compatible with The Sims 3 [World Adventures/Ambitions/Late Night/Generations/Seasons/University Life]”

Post by Guest Wed 19 Jul 2017, 09:16

Ah, I should have thought of that before making this post! I've since applied the manual patch, and now everything seems to be working fine. Thanks!

One follow-up question: Do I still need to keep the games' .dmg files on my computer after I've installed everything? They take up a lot of space, so it would be nice if I could delete them, but I don't know if the games depend on any data stored there to run (being that they were the source of the installations). I hope this isn't too stupid a question, but I still don't really know my way around Macs and this is all pretty new to me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Jul 2017, 10:06

After a succesful installation (incl. crack) you can delete the .dmg files

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 19 Jul 2017, 21:36

Do you mind sharing how you got it to work on your Mac? I've been trying different ways to have it installed but either there's an error or it will cause my Mac to restart.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Jul 2017, 01:15

Other than applying the manual patch, there weren't really any tricks I used or anything like that, because I followed the g4tw guide pretty much every step of the way. I used the g4tw Sims 3 complete collection and Stuffit expander, doing everything as the guide said up until I had gotten the base game installed. Then because I kept getting the error in the title of this post when I tried to install the EPs, I downloaded and ran the manual patch file. Then I was able to install the EPs I wanted as well, again doing everything as it said in the guide. Then I applied the crack, also following the guide's instructions, and I haven't had any problems. So if you're already using the guide, I don't know how much help I can be, sorry.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Jul 2017, 03:03

heave_ho wrote:Ah, I should have thought of that before making this post! I've since applied the manual patch, and now everything seems to be working fine. Thanks!

One follow-up question: Do I still need to keep the games' .dmg files on my computer after I've installed everything? They take up a lot of space, so it would be nice if I could delete them, but I don't know if the games depend on any data stored there to run (being that they were the source of the installations). I hope this isn't too stupid a question, but I still don't really know my way around Macs and this is all pretty new to me.
im glad it worked out for you Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Jul 2017, 03:06

zara_ wrote:Do you mind sharing how you got it to work on your Mac? I've been trying different ways to have it installed but either there's an error or it will cause my Mac to restart.
Hi there. if you're still having trouble, maybe you can look at the guide on how i made it work personally here. good luck.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Jul 2017, 12:39

nnyeon wrote:
heave_ho wrote:I'm trying to install The Sims 3 and some expansion packs. I've been following the games4theworld Sims 3 Mac Installation Guide exactly. I managed to install the base game, but for all the expansion packs I've tried to install I've gotten the error in the title of this post. I've seen some other posts about this error, but they all seem to say that they've managed to get some expansion packs installed, it's just this one that won't work--whereas for me, I'm getting this same error for all the expansion packs I've tried to install. Does anyone have an idea of what I can do about this?

Hi, have you tried applying the manual patch first before installing the expansions?
Hey! How do I access the manual patch and how do I apply it?

Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Jul 2017, 13:14

greenwowA wrote:
nnyeon wrote:

Thank you!
When it's for a Mac, Look here
https://games4theworld.org/guides/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Jul 2017, 17:51

Tarac wrote:
greenwowA wrote:
nnyeon wrote:

Thank you!
When it's for a Mac, Look here
https://games4theworld.org/guides/
The Mac guide doesnt mention a patch though

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Jul 2017, 21:15

There's a sticky link to the manual patch in the 'fixes (Mac)' section of the forum.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Jul 2017, 00:48

heave_ho wrote:There's a sticky link to the manual patch in the 'fixes (Mac)' section of the forum.
Do I have to do the manual patch in combination with the ultimate fix if im downloading the 'complete sims 3' thing and following its instructions for mac?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Jul 2017, 21:15

My installation worked installing just the manual patch and not the ultimate fix.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Jun 2018, 22:42

I've torrented lots of games before and majority of my Sims 3 and 4 games.
I had all of the expansion packs besides World Adventures and all the stuff packs so I downloaded your The Sims 3 Complete Collection. All the stuff packs downloaded perfectly, no problems at all until I got all the way down to the list to World Adventures. I read the Installation Guide and read about changing the SKU value in Regedit to 2. So I went into the program, found it easy and changed mine from a 7 to a 2. Started to install the game, serial code worked fine then at the beginning of the installation an error message came up that said,
file:E\TheSims3WorldAdventures\Caches\China.objectcache
Error: The volume for a file has been externally altered so that the opened file is no longer valid.

I read over some forums in your website and I tried changing the SKU value to 1, I saw China in the error code so I tried changing my file to China, CN, in the regedit, still didnt work. Is there something wrong with the file or is there something I'm doing wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top