Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dumb but need help about sims 4.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dumb but need help about sims 4. Empty Dumb but need help about sims 4.

Post by Guest Sat 29 Jul 2017, 09:21

Hello there, right now I feel dumb since I just started installing the base game of SIMS 4. I only downloaded the base game, didnt think about the DLCs yet. I followed the instructions typed down on the Installation Guide:

" 1. Open the 'The_Sims_4_Setup.exe' and follow on-screen instructions. We do not recommend changing the 
installation folder. By default the game will install to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\
2. Wait for the game to install. It is pre-cracked with RELOADED's wonderful crack. NOTE that the installation
might take a while, just be patient.
3. Start the game and... ENJOY playing! "

I did those. The installation went good with some pop up things, I just click ok ok ok. About the C++ it says something about not installed well, but it's not even installed on my laptop so I just continued. I thought it'll automatically download C++ as what the guide says. 

The installation finished and I started the game and yeah, the rld.dll came up. I extracted the 5 setup zips included on your sims zip file. But yeah, didnt go well..

Please dont get me wrong but I've trusted this site with my Sims 3 before. It's a different way of installing now, I read your install guide here on the site but I don't want DLCs yet. Or do I really need to download them first? I'm not considering DLCs yet since I'm gonna test first if it works wonders on my laptop, and if it does, then I'll proceed to DLCs.

Help me lmao I know the rld.dll errors are no exceptions, I don't know what it means, but please help me.

Back to top Go down

Dumb but need help about sims 4. Empty Re: Dumb but need help about sims 4.

Post by Guest Sat 29 Jul 2017, 10:01

Where did you find in tjhe instructions to extract the 5 setup zips ?
All you have to do is click on The_Sims_4_Setup.exe and to follow the instructions on the screen.

Also you should switch your anti-virus program off as the file rld.dll is often "seen" as a virus (trojan horse)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Jul 2017, 10:34

Tarac wrote:Where did you find in tjhe instructions to extract the 5 setup zips ?
All you have to do is click on The_Sims_4_Setup.exe and to follow the instructions on the screen.

Also you should switch your anti-virus program off as the file rld.dll is often "seen" as a virus (trojan horse)
I just thought I should do it but I was wrong lmao I'm sorry, as I said I feel dumb. 

I did turn off the anti-virus while installing. But not when downloading the torrent file, where can I see the rld.ddl file if ever? And when I started the installation, there are no other instructions except the C++ thing which I included on my post. It continued downloading and then it said it's done. 

I think I need to redo this tho.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Jul 2017, 10:41

sixthday6 wrote:
Tarac wrote:Where did you find in tjhe instructions to extract the 5 setup zips ?

I just thought I should do it but I was wrong lmao I'm sorry, as I said I feel dumb. 

I did turn off the anti-virus while installing. But not when downloading the torrent file, where can I see the rld.ddl file if ever? And when I started the installation, there are no other instructions except the C++ thing which I included on my post. It continued downloading and then it said it's done. 

I think I need to redo this tho.
The rld.dll file is part of the crack and can be found in the install folder\The Sims 4\Game\Bin.
When you install other DLC's and you see the file RldOrigin.dll, you can delete the file rld.dll.
So include these files in the exceptions of your anti-virus.

The easiest way to install all DLC's of the Sims 4 is still via ZLOrigin
see https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t30092-zlorigin-made-simple?highlight=ZLOrigin+made#
No hassle, no cracks, no anti-virus precautions, always uptodate with the latest patches, updates etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 29 Jul 2017, 17:29

Hi @sixthday6 ,

If you're still interested in installing our version, read this guide here carefully. It includes the installation order for DLCs but you can ignore it for now.

1. Remember to exclude the folders first in your anti-virus/windows defender before downloading and installing.
  2. Download the Sims 4 base game. You can find our downloads here. Unrar the file and install the The_Sims_4_Setup.exe.
  3. If the error pops up again, about the C++, finish the installation, and go to Program Files(x86)\EA\The Sims 4\__Installer\vc and open vc2010sp1 and vc2013, -> redist -> and install both vcredist_x64 and vcredist_x86.
  4. Since you are only testing the base game now, move out your Sims 4 folder to Program Files(x86) OR Program Files and run the game as administrator. 
  5. If you're running from a shortcut on desktop, make sure the path points to the correct location or alternatively, you can run the game from Game\Bin.
  6. If you decide to install DLCs, I'd suggest NOT to apply the ultimate fix to your game (this means that your game won't be updated), and instead, later on, update the game pack by pack.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Jul 2017, 08:12

Hey there, I did download the base game from the link you gave me, do I really need to download the DLCs by order as the guide says? And hey, thank you, the game finally worked lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Jul 2017, 15:38

sixthday6 wrote:Hey there, I did download the base game from the link you gave me, do I really need to download the DLCs by order as the guide says? And hey, thank you, the game finally worked lol.
Hi,

Which link? The ZLOrigin or the G4TW download site? If it's the first one, you don't need to download all DLCs. You can choose which one to install. If it's the second one however, then yes, you need to install them in order. 

• Base game
  • Get to Work
  • Get Together
  • City Living
  • Vampire (Toddler)
  • Parenthood + Fitness

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Jul 2017, 09:16

I used G4TW's. May I ask why I need to do those? But it's okay if I don't do it yet, right?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Jul 2017, 13:21

sixthday6 wrote:I used G4TW's. May I ask why I need to do those? But it's okay if I don't do it yet, right?
Our version works only if you install every other DLC before updating to the latest one. Skipping one will make your game unable to run. You can however choose to 'disable' the DLCs after installing them, which you can read about here.

There is no need of course to install the DLCs if you are fine with playing the base game alone for the time being. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Jul 2017, 14:12

Ageha wrote:
sixthday6 wrote:I used G4TW's. May I ask why I need to do those? But it's okay if I don't do it yet, right?
Our version works only if you install every other DLC before updating to the latest one. Skipping one will make your game unable to run. You can however choose to 'disable' the DLCs after installing them, which you can read about here.

There is no need of course to install the DLCs if you are fine with playing the base game alone for the time being. Smile
I tested it:

1. Renamed the folder Electronic Arts in Documents to Electronic Arts_old, just to make sure that no previous games were used in whatever language.
2. Installed Base Game
3. Moved it out of the folder Electronic Arts
4. skipped Get to Work, Get Together, City Living
5. Updated to 1.29 (Toddlers/Vampires)
6. Deleted the Game folder to avoid the infinite loading of households
7. Installed Parenthood.

It all looked well, all the welcomescreens appeared untill the welcomescreen for Vampires.
System hung and couldn't even do a ALT+CTR+DEL.
Had to shut down computer
Restarted it and now it hung already during loading.

Then I copied my folder The Sims 4 from Electronic Arts_old (where I already played with all expansions) to the newly formed folder Electronic Arts.
Now it worked, message showing "missing expansions will be downloaded" - which of course never happened.

Dumb but need help about sims 4. Pack-progress_orig

Conclusion: You cannot skip DLC's unless you have a full and complete (with all DLC's) folder The Sims 4 in Documents\Electronic Arts.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 02 Aug 2017, 18:03

sixthday6 wrote:Hey there, I did download the base game from the link you gave me, do I really need to download the DLCs by order as the guide says? And hey, thank you, the game finally worked lol.

Believe me, if you didn't have to install those downloads in order, we would not actually take the time to write out that particular install order, either.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top