Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Super super long delay when clicking on people in TS4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Super super long delay when clicking on people in TS4 Empty Super super long delay when clicking on people in TS4

Post by Guest Fri 25 Aug 2017, 02:31

Hi there. So I just downloaded and installed the sims 4 and all of the expansions, I followed the directions 100% and everything went smoothly!

Unfortunately, after making my sims, I'm having a hard time playing. There's a suuuuuper long delay when I click on my sims. Like when I have one selected, I click on another sim to interact, and there's a 5 second delay for the options Sad I checked my graphics drivers, I'm not sure what else to do!

Back to top Go down

Super super long delay when clicking on people in TS4 Empty Re: Super super long delay when clicking on people in TS4

Post by Guest Fri 25 Aug 2017, 06:33

gorackr wrote:Hi there. So I just downloaded and installed the sims 4 and all of the expansions, I followed the directions 100% and everything went smoothly!

Unfortunately, after making my sims, I'm having a hard time playing. There's a suuuuuper long delay when I click on my sims. Like when I have one selected, I click on another sim to interact, and there's a 5 second delay for the options Sad I checked my graphics drivers, I'm not sure what else to do!
Hi there,

So your drivers are up to date, yes? Have you tried running the game with a fresh folder instead? You can rename the current one in Documents to Sims4Backup and see if that fixes it. Also, if there's a lot of stuffs in your sims inventory, either delete them or take them out.

Do keep me updated! Smile

Back to top Go down

Super super long delay when clicking on people in TS4 Empty Re: Super super long delay when clicking on people in TS4

Post by Guest Fri 25 Aug 2017, 19:14

Ageha wrote:
gorackr wrote:Hi there. So I just downloaded and installed the sims 4 and all of the expansions, I followed the directions 100% and everything went smoothly!

Hi there,

So your drivers are up to date, yes? Have you tried running the game with a fresh folder instead? You can rename the current one in Documents to Sims4Backup and see if that fixes it. Also, if there's a lot of stuffs in your sims inventory, either delete them or take them out.

Do keep me updated! Smile
Hi there, thanks for the reply! Should I rename the Electronic Arts folder or the Sims 4 folder inside of it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Aug 2017, 09:32

gorackr wrote:Hi there, thanks for the reply! Should I rename the Electronic Arts folder or the Sims 4 folder inside of it?
Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. You should rename the Sims 4 folder and not the EA. Are you able to find a solution for the delay? Or is it still happening?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 Aug 2017, 17:09

Okay, I'll give it a shot! Smile 
The delay is still happening, but I hardly notice it now. I thought it'd make the game unplayable but I'm used to it and everything is fine, haha. 

Thank you very much for the help <3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Aug 2017, 11:39

gorackr wrote:Okay, I'll give it a shot! Smile 
The delay is still happening, but I hardly notice it now. I thought it'd make the game unplayable but I'm used to it and everything is fine, haha. 

Thank you very much for the help <3
No problem! I'll keep this topic open though in case someone found a solution or perhaps you found one yourself.

Cheers! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Sep 2017, 05:46

I am having the same problem. I bought TS4 previously, had 3 EP,s and 1 GPwith over 1000 cc files and never had this problem. Now I have no cc and all games and it is lagging Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Sep 2017, 10:31

LambsEarie wrote:I am having the same problem. I bought TS4 previously, had 3 EP,s and 1 GPwith over 1000 cc files and never had this problem. Now I have no cc and all games and it is lagging Sad
Hi there,

Unfortunately if mods/CCs are not the cause, my only suggestion would be to make sure that all your drivers are up-to-date, and try playing the game in a lower resolution/graphics. Alternately, try to see if your sims inventories are full, and if they are, delete or take out any unnecessary items.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top