Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Found 'boost_interprocess' folder in Program Data, what is it?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Found 'boost_interprocess' folder in Program Data, what is it? Empty Found 'boost_interprocess' folder in Program Data, what is it?

Post by Guest Mon 28 Aug 2017, 18:03

I found this quite random folder in my Program Data. It's called boost_interprocess and it has two quite mysterious folders within the folder. One called '1496779600' and the other '2015.1228131543.495578' I don't check Program Data often, I only discovered it when I was looking for un-necessary applications and software to remove to make space for The Sims 3. I've done research on it, but I didn't seem to find the information that I was really looking for.

I would really appreciate if someone could tell me if this is malware, or just a randomly generated clean folder.

Found 'boost_interprocess' folder in Program Data, what is it? Boost10
Found 'boost_interprocess' folder in Program Data, what is it? Folder10

Back to top Go down

Found 'boost_interprocess' folder in Program Data, what is it? Empty Re: Found 'boost_interprocess' folder in Program Data, what is it?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 02 Sep 2017, 00:58

MissVxntage wrote:I found this quite random folder in my Program Data. It's called boost_interprocess and it has two quite mysterious folders within the folder. One called '1496779600' and the other '2015.1228131543.495578' I don't check Program Data often, I only discovered it when I was looking for un-necessary applications and software to remove to make space for The Sims 3. I've done research on it, but I didn't seem to find the information that I was really looking for.

I would really appreciate if someone could tell me if this is malware, or just a randomly generated clean folder.

Found 'boost_interprocess' folder in Program Data, what is it? Boost10
Found 'boost_interprocess' folder in Program Data, what is it? Folder10

Sorry for the belated reply,

How did you determine these folders as being "mysterious"? Very Happy  By their folder names? Just by that you should not assume that these are malware-related folders. If they were related to malware, chances are you would have found something on Google.

The only way to tell for sure is to utilize appropriate software. Malwarebytes anti-malware is nice, but if you have cracked PC games or software, make sure to add the install locations of the software, to the "exclusions".
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top