Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game wont start [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game wont start [SOLVED] Empty Game wont start [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 28 Sep 2017, 14:06

I recently just downloaded fitness and toddler stuff, i installed fitness and opened they game to check it worked fine which it did, i then installed toddler stuff and now the game wont even start up. after i click the exe a process will appear in the task manager for 30 seconds or so before disappearing.

ive also tried that one fix about the error 3 or something but that didnt do anything

pls help Why God.

Back to top Go down

Game wont start [SOLVED] Empty Re: Game wont start [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 28 Sep 2017, 14:50

Hi there,

Have you tried running the game in windowed mode to see if it's able to at least load? Since you have no problems with fitness stuff, I don't think there's anything wrong with any DLCs (previous) installed. You can also troubleshoot the compatibility for the .exe and make sure it's running as administrator.

Else, try putting this game folder to your Sims 4 installation path and see if it's able to load. Remember to either 1) Rename the Game to Game_ or 2) Delete the Game folder.
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t29990-fix-for-endless-household-loading-screen-version-1-33-38-1020

Good luck and keep us updated~!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Sep 2017, 15:25

Well I just had to get off but I'll be sure to try that game folder replacement, I was running in administration mode though, also I don't think I can run it in window mode... Cos the games physically won't start so I can't get to settings? Anyway I'll see if it works tomorrow, thanks for the quick reply

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 28 Sep 2017, 15:30

Kasumi_Sasori wrote:Well I just had to get off but I'll be sure to try that game folder replacement, I was running in administration mode though, also I don't think I can run it in window mode... Cos the games physically won't start so I can't get to settings? Anyway I'll see if it works tomorrow, thanks for the quick reply
Take your time and there's no need to rush. If you want to launch the game in windowed mode, go to Documents\EA\The Sims 4 -> Options.ini -> Open it -> Scroll to fullscreen or ctrl + f and search fullscreen -> change fullscreen = 1 to fullscreen =0 and save.

You can also try to make sure that all your drivers are up to date as well. 

All the best! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Sep 2017, 09:25

Eyyyyy i fixed it, dont really know how but i tried a bunch of things and then it started up... so yay, thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Sep 2017, 14:06

Kasumi_Sasori wrote:Eyyyyy i fixed it, dont really know how but i tried a bunch of things and then it started up... so yay, thank you!
That's weird but still glad that it's running now. Do you happen to know what 'things' you did exactly? Since I have another topic where the sims won't run as well. Perhaps it might also help others who have similar problem later on.

I'll keep this topic open for the moment should you want to update me. 
Cheers~! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Sep 2017, 15:46

Well here's why I think it worked, I had previously tried the endless loading fix but that was before I installed fitness and toddler stuff, so I re-applied that one because I think when I installed the new ones the files of that fix would have been replaced, then I tried the error 3 fix again because same problem of them being replaced... Sorry I seem to like explaining things to ridiculous lenths

So in summary I believe it was the combination of the 2 fixes being installed in the right order after the new packs were installed

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Sep 2017, 16:00

I do admit that the "fixes" for the Game folder in Toddlers/Vampires and Toddler Stuff are a bit confusing.
Very important however is the DELETION of the Game folder after installation of Toddlers/Vampires and thereafter you should install Parenthood and Fitness.

After the installation of Toddler Stuff, it would have been easier to make a complete new Game folder available instead of the error 3 fix.
Although @Ageha published a full Game folder, the MUST READ section for The Sims 4 still mentions the error code 3 fix still refers in point 10 to this fix.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Sep 2017, 16:22

Kasumi_Sasori wrote:Well here's why I think it worked, I had previously tried the endless loading fix but that was before I installed fitness and toddler stuff, so I re-applied that one because I think when I installed the new ones the files of that fix would have been replaced, then I tried the error 3 fix again because same problem of them being replaced... Sorry I seem to like explaining things to ridiculous lenths

So in summary I believe it was the combination of the 2 fixes being installed in the right order after the new packs were installed

Polarbear wrote:I do admit that the "fixes" for the Game folder in Toddlers/Vampires and Toddler Stuff are a bit confusing.
Very important however is the DELETION of the Game folder after installation of Toddlers/Vampires and thereafter you should install Parenthood and Fitness.

After the installation of Toddler Stuff, it would have been easier to make a complete new Game folder available instead of the error 3 fix.
Although @Ageha published a full Game folder, the MUST READ section for The Sims 4 still mentions the error code 3 fix still refers in point 10 to this fix.
Ah, I see. Sometimes mixing two fixes or basically installing them in the wrong order would cause the game to not start. I did in fact have a full Game folder at one point, but i think the endless loading fix have made mine redundant.

So, thanks for the heads up and I'll see if any other users have mixed up any installation order as well.
Feel free to open a new topic should you have any other questions or bugs later on. Very Happy

Cheers and fun~
Problem solved; Topic closed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top