Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trying to install Sims 4, "Warning 4154"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Trying to install Sims 4, "Warning 4154" Empty Trying to install Sims 4, "Warning 4154"

Post by Guest Thu 26 Oct 2017, 15:12

Hi there,
I was attempting to install Sims 4 and selected the install file stated on the Installation Guide. The Install Wizard thingy comes up and it starts, then comes up with a pop-up saying "Warning 4154. Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2013 x64 prerequisite was not correctly installed. Continue installation of The Sims 4?" with a yes/no option. If I select yes, the game will not start or run and just says there's an unexpected error. I do have Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x86) installed but I don't know how that could stop the 2013 one being installed. Could I please have some help with this issue? Thank you Smile

Back to top Go down

Trying to install Sims 4, "Warning 4154" Empty Re: Trying to install Sims 4, "Warning 4154"

Post by Guest Thu 26 Oct 2017, 16:00

Hi @Jeska1995,

Check inside F:\The Sims 4\__Installer\vc (where your sims 4 are installed, mine is under F Drive so don't worry about that) and open up both folders -> redist and install the program inside them. 

Afterwards, try re-installing the base game again and see if the error comes up.

Back to top Go down

Trying to install Sims 4, "Warning 4154" Empty Running the 32 bit version but when I load up Sims 4 it says I'm running the 64 bit version?

Post by Guest Fri 27 Oct 2017, 23:53

Hi,

I've installed all of Sims 4 exactly as described in the post about how to install it correctly but I'm having a few issues. I load up the game and just before I press play, a notification window comes up saying that I am running the 64bit version of Sims 4 and should run the 32 bit one. So I made sure my Sims 4 folder was in Program File (x86) and it still has the notification so that's really confusing. And then when I check the expansion packs, Fitness Stuff and Toddlers Stuff aren't there, but I followed the instructions for each and every expansion pack up to and including Parenthood is installed. Can anyone help me? Thank you Smile

Back to top Go down

Trying to install Sims 4, "Warning 4154" Empty Re: Trying to install Sims 4, "Warning 4154"

Post by Guest Sat 28 Oct 2017, 13:21

What version of Windows are you using? I have a suggestion for the missing Fitness Stuff and Toddler Stuff. Do you have others (vampires, get to work?) and they were included in a patch. Rename your current Game folder game- and move the Sims 4 folder to Program Files then add this folder here: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t29990-fix-for-endless-household-loading-screen-version-1-33-38-1020#

Let me know how you get on. 

-Kanji

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 Oct 2017, 15:38

//TOPICS MERGED

Hi,

Do take note not to open multiple topics at once until all your errors/bugs had been solved under one topic.

Do screenshot your Sims 4 folder so we can double check everything again. Other than that, you can try re-installing the Fitness and Toddler's Stuff pack. Instead of running TS4_x64.exe, run the normal TS4.exe instead and see if it can run.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top