Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 4 stuck in loading screen

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 4 stuck in loading screen Empty The Sims 4 stuck in loading screen

Post by Guest Mon 06 Nov 2017, 12:49

Hi! So I just downloaded The Sims 4 from your site (the instructions were super helpful, tysm!) and I was able to install it successfully. However, when I changed the window type to floating screen (so I can work and alternate between different windows), I'm stuck stuck in the loading screen. Whenever I try to restart, it goes well on the first few seconds then while loading, the plumbob just get stuck and doesn't rotate anymore. I'm not sure if it made any sense but I hope someone can shed light on how I can..... just use the game. Hehehe. Thank you so much! Any help would be appreciated. Oh my...

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 stuck in loading screen Empty Re: The Sims 4 stuck in loading screen

Post by Guest Mon 06 Nov 2017, 21:33

It takes a while for the game to load because the game is actually running on wine (a windows simulator). If it happens when you launch the game, give it some time (2/3 minutes, depending on your system) to load.

Did you update the OS recently? High Sierra has some trouble with wine (the simulator that runs The Sims 4 on macs), so you may have to tweak some things to make it work.

Are you able to get to the start screen, CAS, etc, or does it happen when you pick a town? In short, what's the last screen you are able to interact before the infinite loading?

With more info I may be able to try to help you out.

Cheers!

edit: check this out, it may help with your problem: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t29990-fix-for-endless-household-loading-screen-version-1-33-38-1020#

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top