Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glitches with Sims 4 Cats and Dogs

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Glitches with Sims 4 Cats and Dogs Empty Glitches with Sims 4 Cats and Dogs

Post by grieralexander Sun 12 Nov 2017, 17:34

Hello, everyone and soory that it has been so long. I did not have a PC and finally was able to put together a new rig, so I'm back playing Sims 3 and 4. To the point: Most of us know that the Cats and Dogs Sims 4 update came with a bunch of glitches: It broke bed and furniture. Since I'm an old dog, I really did not expect this one to go smoothly keeping in mind EA track record with Sims 3 Pets. Sims 4 Studio has tools to batch fix the Beds and Furniture and it solved the crashing issue with CC furniture. However, there is a new glitch I noticed and although three people have already posted on different forums about it; no one has yet come with an answer to why it may be happening or how to fix it. Pet eyebrows distort while they are moving. Others have reported pets floating over bathtubs. I know that bathtubs floats are an issue with furniture placement. Some friends have suggested to fix the game through origin? Is that possible for us? I am including pics.
Glitches with Sims 4 Cats and Dogs 2Q==
grieralexander
grieralexander
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3; Sims 4; Assasins Creed; Rise of Nations; Age of Empires series; Titan Quest; Overlord

Male

Back to top Go down

Glitches with Sims 4 Cats and Dogs Empty Re: Glitches with Sims 4 Cats and Dogs

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 12 Nov 2017, 17:55

grieralexander wrote:Hello, everyone and soory that it has been so long. I did not have a PC and finally was able to put together a new rig, so I'm back playing Sims 3 and 4. To the point: Most of us know that the Cats and Dogs Sims 4 update came with a bunch of glitches: It broke bed and furniture. Since I'm an old dog, I really did not expect this one to go smoothly keeping in mind EA track record with Sims 3 Pets. Sims 4 Studio has tools to batch fix the Beds and Furniture and it solved the crashing issue with CC furniture. However, there is a new glitch I noticed and although three people have already posted on different forums about it; no one has yet come with an answer to why it may be happening or how to fix it. Pet eyebrows distort while they are moving. Others have reported pets floating over bathtubs. I know that bathtubs floats are an issue with furniture placement. Some friends have suggested to fix the game through origin? Is that possible for us? I am including pics.

Hello @grieralexander,

"Repairing" the game through Origin is essentially checking the file integrity of the installation and then re-downloading any files that are found to be corrupted. You can achieve the same in the cracked versions by re-installing, or in the case of G4TW's torrents re-applying the individual torrents.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by grieralexander Sun 12 Nov 2017, 18:11

Thanks for your prompt reply. I just deleted the My games folder and generated a new one. If it doesn't solve the issue then I'll do a complete reinstall of the game. One thing I did, since I always reinstall the whole thing, since I move my folders to play 64 bite version was that on that one step in which after toddlers we must delete the Game file in Bthe Bin folder, I deleted it again, when I went to install Cats and Dogs. Why. Don't know if that would cause an issue, since I read here in the Forums that you could delete it just before doing the Cats and Dogs install.
grieralexander
grieralexander
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3; Sims 4; Assasins Creed; Rise of Nations; Age of Empires series; Titan Quest; Overlord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by grieralexander Sun 12 Nov 2017, 18:50

Just tested, after generating a new Sims 4 My documents folder and still have the glitch. One thing I noticed is that the problem seems to be with the animations. When the dog is running, it gets the protruding eyebrows and distortions. So far the cat I added doesn't seem to have a problem. Course of action: reinstalling everything and see if that fixes the issue. Will get back after reinstall and test.
grieralexander
grieralexander
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Glitches with Sims 4 Cats and Dogs Empty After Complete reinstall

Post by grieralexander Sun 12 Nov 2017, 22:28

The_Gh0stm4n, I did the complete reinstall and tested it seems is random. I had an NPC in the yard with his dog and while the dog was walking the brows just sprouted and then went back to normal. I tested with my dobbie and you can see that he is playing with one of the owners and looks normal, then went to the yard and sprouted the eyebrows again. Aside from that, gaming is normal, except pets turn into Klingons at times. It seems there are people that do not have this glitch, so I am wondering which type of CC could cause this.
grieralexander
grieralexander
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by grieralexander Sun 12 Nov 2017, 22:35

Glitches with Sims 4 Cats and Dogs 11-12-10
Glitches with Sims 4 Cats and Dogs 11-12-10
grieralexander
grieralexander
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by grieralexander Thu 16 Nov 2017, 14:51

OK my friends,
After a bunch of searching found out the culprit for that glitch! It is a facial overlay by Shimrod, for sims less smiling. Somehow This was merged in my files as makeup and kept on placing it back in, hence the problem. Took it out, tested all facials overlays, better safe than sorry, and the bug is gone. Carlos is tha man
grieralexander
grieralexander
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top