Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 4 - How to Change Your Creator Name in the RELOADED Version. [OBSOLETE]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 4 - How to Change Your Creator Name in the RELOADED Version. [OBSOLETE] Empty The Sims 4 - How to Change Your Creator Name in the RELOADED Version. [OBSOLETE]

Post by Guest Thu 23 Nov 2017, 10:07

The Sims 4 - How to Change Your Creator Name

So you're pretty tired of seeing "RLD!" take credit for all of your work whenever you try to upload your sims or lots onto a third-party website, I get it. It's a name that you don't want to have to explain to other people or personally don't like seeing, etc. Whatever your reasoning is, you want it gone. No worries, it's a relatively easy fix if you know how to follow a few steps.

Credits to Misfit203 for the original support page.

What You'll Need

Step One: Pick and Translate Your Desired Name

Pick and translate your desired name. Simple stuff, right? Just choose something to your liking that you want as your Creator name and toss it into the hex code translator. You should end up with an assorted collection of numbers and letters. Make sure you keep that code safe somewhere. 

IMPORTANT! 
Your name may not be longer than 7 letters. I've tried to find a way to work around this, but all that has done was either break my game or cause the name to cut off, so I highly recommend against using more than the stated limit. I haven't played around with less than 4 letters yet, so I cannot guarantee that it would work either, though in theory you should be okay. If anyone manages to find a way to surpass the 7 letter block, please let me know!

For the sake of demonstration, let me show you what happens when you try to have more than 7 letters. Here, I attempted to use my username, "Leviathan", as my Creator name. See how the beginning two letters are missing? Yeah, that's a no thanks, we don't want that. 

The Sims 4 - How to Change Your Creator Name in the RELOADED Version. [OBSOLETE] RUkepwG

Step Two: Editing Your RldOrigin.dll File

Now to the part we need to start being careful in. Make a backup of your RldOrigin.dll file onto your Desktop (or wherever you'll remember it). If you launch your TS4 game in x64, make a backup of the RldOrigin_x64.dll instead as that is the one you will be editing. In any case, just make sure you have something to fall back onto in the event you mess up somewhere and need to start over.

If you are having difficulty locating the files, they should be in your [The Sims 4] > [Game] > [Bin] folders here-

The Sims 4 - How to Change Your Creator Name in the RELOADED Version. [OBSOLETE] 3Qnc7Hw

First, open up RldOrigin.dll or RldOrigin_x64.dll in your hex editor (HxR).

You should get something like this after opening the file-

The Sims 4 - How to Change Your Creator Name in the RELOADED Version. [OBSOLETE] 7MtYTkt

Next, hit [Ctrl]+[F] to open up your search function. Type in the name "RLD!" and hit [OK]. Remember to keep the exclamation mark on the name or you'll be searching for a while.

The Sims 4 - How to Change Your Creator Name in the RELOADED Version. [OBSOLETE] Kwt9dcv

This should take you down the page about halfway to highlight the area that you want. The "RLD!" you see here is what changes the Creator name in game.

The Sims 4 - How to Change Your Creator Name in the RELOADED Version. [OBSOLETE] D7BI1Y1

Now for the fun part. Remember that hex code translation I told you to keep safe earlier? It's time to pull it out again.

IMPORTANT!
Depending on how many letters there are in your desired name, it's going to change how you will need to paste it into the file. Bear with me, I'll do my best to walk you through each length individually. Each link below is a spoiler tab to avoid clutter, so just click on them to expand the box.

4 Letter Names:
5 Letter Names:
6 Letter Names:
7 Letter Names:

Step Three: Save and Play!

Now the only thing left you need to do is go ahead and save the edits you made to the file. If a message pops up asking if you would like to proceed even if it changes the size of the file, say yes and continue with the save. Assuming you've done everything correctly, the next time you launch your game, your Creator name in the Gallery should be modified and everything you've previously created will update to your new name as well as begin applying to any future projects you save.

Happy Simming!  Hail King Tea!
- Leviathan

Mod edit: moved to "The Sims 4 tips & tricks".

- The_gh0stm4n

DO NOT POST ANY QUESTIONS OR PROBLEMS IN THIS TOPIC. INSTEAD, PLEASE OPEN A NEW TOPIC IN THE APPROPRIATE FORUM-SECTION, EITHER "THE SIMS 4 DOWNLOADS SUPPORT" OR "THE SIMS 4 IN-GAME SUPPORT"! THANK-YOU-NOTES CAN BE POSTED IN THE APPROPRIATE FORUM-SECTION, or directly under this thread.

Note that any and all questions posted under this thread, will be deleted without any explanation or advance warning. We have the Forum sections dedicated to Support purposes, for a reason.

Last edited by Leviathan on Thu 23 Nov 2017, 23:25; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 - How to Change Your Creator Name in the RELOADED Version. [OBSOLETE] Empty Re: The Sims 4 - How to Change Your Creator Name in the RELOADED Version. [OBSOLETE]

Post by Guest Thu 23 Nov 2017, 21:33

Good Job, Thanks for doing this. any further requests for how to do this from far and wide across the internet will be from now on referred to this post lol. All Hail Carlos!

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 - How to Change Your Creator Name in the RELOADED Version. [OBSOLETE] Empty Re: The Sims 4 - How to Change Your Creator Name in the RELOADED Version. [OBSOLETE]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 29 Nov 2017, 06:21

Leviathan wrote:

This should take you down the page about halfway to highlight the area that you want. The "RLD!" you see here is what changes the Creator name in game.

The Sims 4 - How to Change Your Creator Name in the RELOADED Version. [OBSOLETE] D7BI1Y1

Hello and thanks for writing this up @Leviathan,

I am not an expert in these things, but on the offset (h) line 0003E470, what about using the two empty spaces at 0A and 0B too? Would that work, and give you two more letters in your custom name? (too lazy to test  it myself)

Haters gonna hate Very Happy
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Nov 2017, 07:20

The_gh0stm4n wrote:Hello and thanks for writing this up @Leviathan,

I am not an expert in these things, but on the offset (h) line 0003E470, what about using the two empty spaces at 0A and 0B too? Would that work, and give you two more letters in your custom name? (too lazy to test  it myself)

Haters gonna hate Very Happy

Hello, it was no problem at all! I'm glad to be of help. I tip my fedora.

That was actually perhaps the first thing I tried editing in order to increase the character limit since it seemed like a relatively simple fix, right? Unfortunately, doing so yielded the results I got from the initial demo screenshot where the first two letters of the name was cut off. From what I understand, the "RLD!" code 52 4C 44 21 MUST begin respectively on the spaces 0C 0D 0E 0F of line 0003E470. Otherwise, it seems that attempting to shift the code even the slightest bit will immediately break the cracked formatting and cause some textual errors in-game. Why.

I'll play around a bit more with the numbers tonight and see if I can figure something out, though I can't promise much since the game is rather sensitive to changes to its configs.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 29 Nov 2017, 16:57

Leviathan wrote:
Hello, it was no problem at all! I'm glad to be of help. I tip my fedora.

That was actually perhaps the first thing I tried editing in order to increase the character limit since it seemed like a relatively simple fix, right? Unfortunately, doing so yielded the results I got from the initial demo screenshot where the first two letters of the name was cut off. From what I understand, the "RLD!" code 52 4C 44 21 MUST begin respectively on the spaces 0C 0D 0E 0F of line 0003E470. Otherwise, it seems that attempting to shift the code even the slightest bit will immediately break the cracked formatting and cause some textual errors in-game. Why.

I'll play around a bit more with the numbers tonight and see if I can figure something out, though I can't promise much since the game is rather sensitive to changes to its configs.

Yes, sounds reasonable - for a n00b like me at least - that there is actually a reason for the specific number of empty spaces between every... "data entry" (sorry, don't know the right computer science-based term for these things). So some entries are separated by 3 spaces, others by 4, etc. And that you can't easily forego these empty spaces as well...

Alright, thanks anyway for trying!  I'm so happy emergaw I'm so happy emergaw I'm so happy emergaw
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Feb 2018, 08:19

Thanks for this! It didn't automatically change my username on my previous saved items but it does show up on any new saved lots.  I did attempt to use my actual Origin ID name by entering it into the Hex Code translator and then selecting the code I'm replacing and "Paste as insert" on a right-click. This left the necessary spacing in the code but, Alas, this led to the dreaded "Origin must be running" notice.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 15 May 2018, 23:48

Closing this thread now and marking it "obsolete", due to the newer DLC from "My First Pet Stuff" onwards being released from the group CODEX, and those DLC use different offline-files. Please see this thread here for a temporary workaround:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t33268-how-can-i-permanently-change-gallery-display-name-for-the-multiplayer-mod

Thanks again for the very nice tutorial @Leviathan ! Very Happy  (topic title slightly edited)
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top