Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mafia 2 voices not working in cutscenes, but working fine in gameplay. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mafia 2 voices not working in cutscenes, but working fine in gameplay. [SOLVED] Empty Mafia 2 voices not working in cutscenes, but working fine in gameplay. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 23 Jan 2018, 04:29

i have this game from a friend while ago
the game works totaly fine at about 16 to 21 FPS
on low
durring any cutscenes  no voice at all in gameplay all voices are fine
i wish to know why
also i dont know why the game have naked girls in wall photos its strange IAmSoHappyEmergahwd
thanks

Back to top Go down

Mafia 2 voices not working in cutscenes, but working fine in gameplay. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Mafia 2 voices not working in cutscenes, but working fine in gameplay. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 23 Jan 2018, 16:17

Michael_vx wrote:i have this game from a friend while ago
the game works totaly fine at about 16 to 21 FPS
on low
durring any cutscenes  no voice at all in gameplay all voices are fine
i wish to know why
also i dont know why the game have naked girls in wall photos its strange IAmSoHappyEmergahwd
thanks

Hello @Michael_vx,

I know from other games, that if you do not hear voices (from characters) then it can be due to some incorrect configuration of the sound setup. Can you go under Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Sound and then here:

Mafia 2 voices not working in cutscenes, but working fine in gameplay. [SOLVED] Screen20

In the picture on the left, click on the speakers that are active on your system, and in the following window on the left, make sure to choose "Stereo".

Other than that...I haven't played this game in ages. As for the "naked girls", you have to remember that the game is set in America in the 1950s (I believe); those things were very common at the time. They still are today, but in my opinion not as much.

I also remember there were collectible items throughout the game world, and during missions, especially those Playboy Magazine covers.  Haters gonna hate  Very Happy  They really don't serve any further purpose, other than having collected them (if you own the game on Steam, maybe there is an achievement for that, but I don't know).
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Mafia 2 voices not working in cutscenes, but working fine in gameplay. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Mafia 2 voices not working in cutscenes, but working fine in gameplay. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 23 Jan 2018, 22:02

sorry but that did not change anything
i tried mute the BGM and Radio from and the result was no sounds at all in cutscenes
but sounds works 100% in game play
some of cutscenes have sounds but not all

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 23 Jan 2018, 22:21

Michael_vx wrote:sorry but that did not change anything
i tried mute the BGM and Radio from and the result was no sounds at all in cutscenes
but sounds works 100% in game play
some of cutscenes have sounds but not all

16-21 FPS does not look all too good though, for a game that came out in...2010 if I remember correctly; are you playing on an older computer maybe? I also assume you used WinRAR for extracting the contents of the download?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Jan 2018, 02:52

for me any game is playable starting from 9 FPS or higher im okay with that
for my computer is built at 2011
G41 main board
Core 2 duo E8500 CPU
GeForce 210 by Nividia
4 GB of Ram
HDD 1 160 GB
HDD 2 200 GB
HDD 3 250 GB
and the game was copied from another Disk as it is Extracted ISO files all i did is install it then i removed the source to save space
i did not where to ask about it because my search was not showin my problem at all
all i found is sounds laggin or no sound in game play
Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 24 Jan 2018, 20:32

If those cutscene voices really are important for you, I could suggest you try re-downloading the G4TW version of Mafia II. I don't know how many (active) seeders the torrent has, last time I check there were a few though. Please let us know if there are not many seeds, if you want to do that.

Maybe the original source of where you got that disc from, did not pack the game properly.

Other than that, I'm afraid I can't say much else about the issue, I'm sorry.

WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Jan 2018, 20:38

im started downloading
looks totaly fine to me
Mafia 2 voices not working in cutscenes, but working fine in gameplay. [SOLVED] Untitl11

//EDIT

i forget to say im making YouTube videos from this Game and i cant make a video while something missing Mafia 2 voices not working in cutscenes, but working fine in gameplay. [SOLVED] Icon_smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 24 Jan 2018, 20:57

Please keep us posted about your progress...

Awesome Emote
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Jan 2018, 16:58

its cannot download for some reason
couple hours ago

Mafia 2 voices not working in cutscenes, but working fine in gameplay. [SOLVED] Untitl12

//EDIT

@The_gh0stm4n
the game is downloaded and voice are working
i have one question
the menu of both version is way different
the game i downloaded from here
Mafia 2 voices not working in cutscenes, but working fine in gameplay. [SOLVED] 110
the game i have with voice problem
Mafia 2 voices not working in cutscenes, but working fine in gameplay. [SOLVED] 210
so im wondering if there going to be any missing stuff thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 26 Jan 2018, 20:01

Yes, the Games4theworld Mafia II version is "older", and it does not have those DLC included. I don't know, maybe they changed something about the final version of the game, so that it has higher requirements for hardware?

Either way, if you want those DLC, you will have to play the previous version, but then without cutscene voices I'm afraid.

We were thinking of a re-release of the game, with all patches and DLC; but it never came into effect and we don't know what we'll be doing now with the game, if anything.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 Jan 2018, 20:20

im totally understanding
thanks so much for the help
Solved <3

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 26 Jan 2018, 20:22

Michael_vx wrote:im totally understanding
thanks so much for the help
Solved <3

Have fun with the game nonetheless! Problem solved, topic closed. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top