Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

G4TW private messaging. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

G4TW private messaging. [SOLVED] Empty G4TW private messaging. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 02 Feb 2018, 05:43

My notifications say i have a PM, but when i try to check it says messaging is not enabled on this board or something like that.

Back to top Go down

G4TW private messaging. [SOLVED] Empty Re: G4TW private messaging. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 02 Feb 2018, 11:59

Since G4TW is under new management, the PM messaging has been abandoned.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 Feb 2018, 14:06

oh.. that sucks, thanks tarac.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 02 Feb 2018, 15:48

Misfit203 wrote:My notifications say i have a PM, but when i try to check it says messaging is not enabled on this board or something like that.

//MOVED

Topic moved to "Site Navigation". Someone most likely sent you a private message on the Forum before the new "system" was introduced, hence the notification. My personal opinion is, that in certain cases it would be convenient to message users in private for (minor) things. Also, it means that users cannot easily get in touch with one another anymore, if they wanted to. Nonetheless it's a good change, and here are some reasons why:

+) makes it easier for us to keep track of user communications

+) closely related to the above, a reduction of spam or other abusive messaging

+) people have been messaging team members for Support over the years; they will now have to use the public Forums

+) time and time again it has been the case that certain (volatile) users post something on the Forum - or not. And if they do not like the response they get first then they "message someone else instead", conveniently leaving out the first piece of feedback that they got, hoping they will get a more favorable response or otherwise continue the discussion privately. One example, I remember the tons of messages I used to get from people who had presumably fallen in disfavor with either ~Ann~ and/or the 'old' Admin, asking me to change their usernames or delete their accounts, despite me not having any influence on these matters. The general policy on these issues is very strict: exceptions are very rarely granted. The expectation was that I would be more lenient on the issue. People will now have to use the Forum exclusively for these things, and have to wait for an Administrator to maybe get back to them in the thread they created. I am not actually sure if this particular point also played a role in the eventual decision to disable Forum PMs globally, but it does constitute a welcome side-effect nonetheless, in my opinion. 

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven

Now, over time we will be seeing to re-fine the system of communication between the users and the G4TW team. As an intermediary 'solution', I still have my green e-mail button activated, and people can use it to bump for Support if they e.g. don't get a response within 24 hours on the Forum. And for other minor issues. Depending on how we proceed though, I may disable the green button as well.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Feb 2018, 11:06

i hear ya, i really dont know anyone here anyway. only messages i ever really receive have to do with a post i made years ago about how to replace the RLD! with an actual name in the cracked version, which i barely remember anymore anyway. now that there is zlOrigin i really dont find it necessary.

but in all honesty, i never cared for sims 4 anyway. dont think ive actually dedicated any real time to it in about a year.

ive been a hardcore simmer since the release of sims 1, and find it almost offensive that they would release such a watered down game to a series thats existed for 18 years.

oops, im getting off topic lol. anyway, thanks for the info. no major loss to me.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 03 Feb 2018, 22:52

Misfit203 wrote:i hear ya, i really dont know anyone here anyway. only messages i ever really receive have to do with a post i made years ago about how to replace the RLD! with an actual name in the cracked version, which i barely remember anymore anyway. now that there is zlOrigin i really dont find it necessary.

but in all honesty, i never cared for sims 4 anyway. dont think ive actually dedicated any real time to it in about a year.

ive been a hardcore simmer since the release of sims 1, and find it almost offensive that they would release such a watered down game to a series thats existed for 18 years.

oops, im getting off topic lol. anyway, thanks for the info. no major loss to me.

You can disable those notifications by going under Profile -> Preferences -> Always notify me of replies -> No. In addition, under Profile -> Notifications, you can/should unmark all options there. Don't forget to click on "Save" at the bottom, each time you change something in your profile.
And you're always welcome.  Carlos is tha man

Edit: private messaging on the Forum has been re-enabled.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top