Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 4 Jungle adventures?

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 4 Jungle adventures?  - Page 4 Empty The Sims 4 Jungle adventures?

Post by Guest Tue 13 Feb 2018, 22:40

First topic message reminder :

It looks like another GAME PACK (seriously, what's the difference between GPs and EPs?) has been announced! The Sims 4 World Adventures or Jungle Adventure as they call it now ( Wat.)

We will get a new town, new adventures (not really) and as always brilliant CAS items and build mode items.
It will release on February 27th!
Have a look at the trailer!

So what's your opinion?
Who asked for another rehash of old packs they had to do to prevent others from complaining?!
Another game pack? I think I'll pass... Boring stuff.
I guess I'll try it.. Not much to say about it..
World Adventures in The Sims 3 looked so much fun! Maybe this will too. (my opinion!)
WHAT THE?!?!? OMG it looks super fun!! I won't sleep on February 27th. I'll keep looking if it's out or not!!!

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 Jungle adventures?  - Page 4 Empty Re: The Sims 4 Jungle adventures?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 06 Mar 2018, 17:35

Tarac wrote:This means that as soon as a new DLC is published, we want it NOW !!!

Who is "we"; are people really so impatient to wait about 24 hours?

Tarac wrote:Why not release it immediately, especially when you know full well that YOUR forum-members are anxiously waiting.

"Your" (my) forum-members? I am almost thinking that the Dutch language has a strange way of using pronouns, and you are translating literally from Dutch into English, hence my confusion.

Regardless of Dutch grammar, it's still not "my" Forum, as I have not much policy-/decision-making influence on here, And again, if you disagree with the policy, feel free to address ~Ann~ directly. As much as I'm basically willing to accept your point, I myself will not lobby for a policy change. 24-48 hours between my initial notification and the official announcement, is still a good-enough time period, so I don't really see much point in pushing for a change in this regard.

Tarac wrote:Announcing that you have a cracked version available but having to wait for Ann to make it official is like rubbing salt in the wounds.

So part of the problem is that I mention in public "the torrent is ready"? If I had not done it, you would have posted your .ISO/All-in-one stuff all over the place, despite me repeating multiple times that only ~Ann~ announces new torrents here. It's a communicative measure, and after all, I also know that ~Ann~ these days likes to start up TS4 once, and testing the download for full functionality before making the announcement on the Forum. This is to save us embarrassments along the lines of some past DLC, like Parenthood & Toddlers Stuff. So yes, ~Ann~ also briefly playtests these DLC.

Plus, ~Ann~ also creates the adfly-links, so another minor reason for her to make the announcements.

Even if I had not posted at all on here during the interim period, most people know that ZLOrigin has released the DLC. With or without me "rubbing salt in the wounds" they would have come to the same conclusion themselves.

Tarac wrote:(like it or not) and one of them is to check the forum several times a day.

I would tend to agree, but if real-life issues stand in the way, that principle will need to be thrown overboard. And ~Ann~ indeed seems to be rather busy at the moment. No worries, we have reason to anticipate a stronger presence of ~Ann~ in hopefully the near future already. If someone's real-life situation is such that they simply cannot commit, then it's probably best to not stress the issue too much and wait for better times. 

What we have done is a decent-enough compromise: preview versions of the DLC have been given out to some selected people, with the request to help seeding when the announcement is made. Plus, we will also make sure to have at least one direct download link in all future releases. To my very surprise, I must admit, the torrent spread very quickly, so there's that. If you have better ideas on how to work around the current situation on G4TW, other than breaking (unwritten) rules, feel free to share.

I get your frustration. Yet I can continue the discussion ad infinitum if needed. 

If the policy were to change, then maybe like this. A possible workaround that I have also proposed at some point in the past, would be to have a neutral account, without a team member status, announcing things. As is done on some other Forums. Several team members would have access to the account, and it would avoid the impression that a particular team member is "too prominent".

The Admin once pointed out that only Administrators should make announcements, and the way I see it, you people will have to "deal with it". I must admit (and the more vigilant amongst you certainly have noticed it by now), there is also a bias in my own thinking. I never was a close friend of The Admin, unlike most other Moderators, and I also think his style of running a Forum may have been all the fashion in the late 1990s/early 2000s. I freely admit that. But still I will not lobby ~Ann~ for a change here - I am basically fine with the policy. We have more pressing problems to address in the long run, rather than the question of who announces stuff.

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 06 Mar 2018, 17:54

The_gh0stm4n wrote:The Admin once pointed out that only Administrators should make announcements, and the way I see it, you people will have to "deal with it". I must admit (and the more vigilant amongst you certainly have noticed it by now), there is also a bias in my own thinking. I never was a close friend of The Admin, unlike most other Moderators, and I also think his style of running a Forum may have been all the fashion in the late 1990s/early 2000s. I freely admit that. But still I will not lobby ~Ann~ for a change here - I am basically fine with the policy. We have more pressing problems to address in the long run, rather than the question of who announces stuff.
We can endlessly argue about this, but my thoughts are:
"The King (Admin) is "dead", long live the new king."
Time to make a fresh start.

The_gh0stm4n wrote:"Your" (my) forum-members? I am almost thinking that the Dutch language has a strange way of using pronouns, and you are translating literally from Dutch into English, hence my confusion.

Regardless of Dutch grammar, it's still not "my" Forum, as I have not much policy-/decision-making influence on here, And again, if you disagree with the policy, feel free to address ~Ann~ directly. As much as I'm basically willing to accept your point, I myself will not lobby for a policy change. 24-48 hours between my initial notification and the official announcement, is still a good-enough time period, so I don't really see much point in pushing for a change in this regard.
I don't think it's a matter of grammar
WE = the members of this forum, like me and a couple of thousand others
YOU = The staff of this forum.

The_Gh0stm4n wrote: If I had not done it, you would have posted your .ISO/All-in-one stuff all over the place, despite me repeating multiple times that only ~Ann~ announces new torrents here

I had no intention to post my .ISO.
That only came up when I tried to download the Fitgirl-version and got stuck after a couple of efforts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Mar 2018, 12:38

Hello, Where can i find the sims 4 jungle adventure DIRECT download link??

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Mar 2018, 13:06

linashak18 wrote:Hello, Where can i find the sims 4 jungle adventure DIRECT download link??
Not on G4TW, torrents only.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 17 Mar 2018, 13:16

linashak18 wrote:Hello, Where can i find the sims 4 jungle adventure DIRECT download link??

Tarac wrote:Not on G4TW, torrents only.

We actually had a direct download link for Jungle Adventure, but it was flagged a couple of days ago by Google, so it was taken down from the announcement.

That said @linashak18, we indeed specialize in torrents, for the most part. I have a backup link of Jungle Adventure which ~Ann~ may add later on to the announcement. We'll see; we might as well do away with that Jungle Adventures direct download.

In the meantime, I would much prefer it, if you people used the torrent/magnet link, if at all possible. Smile

P.S. welcome to the Forum by the way!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Mar 2018, 14:14

The_gh0stm4n wrote:

Tarac wrote:Not on G4TW, torrents only.

We actually had a direct download link for Jungle Adventure, but it was flagged a couple of days ago by Google, so it was taken down from the announcement.

That said @linashak18, we indeed specialize in torrents, for the most part. I have a backup link of Jungle Adventure which ~Ann~ may add later on to the announcement. We'll see; we might as well do away with that Jungle Adventures direct download.

In the meantime, I would much prefer it, if you people used the torrent/magnet link, if at all possible. Smile

P.S. welcome to the Forum by the way!
It becomes harder and harder to find cloud-hosts for direct downloads.
Torrents are much safer and quicker when there are enoough seeders.
Nevertheless, should you still be looking for a direct download for Jungle, look HERE

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Mar 2018, 19:59

I usually go for torrents but im currently in france now and torrents arent working here, Thank you so much for the direct download link!!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 17 Mar 2018, 20:51

linashak18 wrote:I usually go for torrents but im currently in france now and torrents arent working here, Thank you so much for the direct download link!!

Note that the above download is an .ISO, and assuming you used G4TW's torrents before, you'll need to open the .ISO and extract the contents, to where you have your G4TW version installed. Overwriting the existing files and folders if prompted.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top