Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

100 GB of disk space not enough? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

100 GB of disk space not enough? [SOLVED] Empty 100 GB of disk space not enough? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 19 Feb 2018, 19:08

Hello, 

today I installed 4 EPs and 2 SPs but when I try to install the 5th EP it says I don't have enough disk space. I had more than 100 GB of disk space before I started installing TS3 so how can only this few packs take up so much space?  Hmmm, sure?

I had an original game with almost all EPs and SPs installed but I cleaned my disk and since I didn't own all of those packs I needed to move to the cracked version of the game.

Also I tried installing TS3 on my other computer with 300 GB of space and it also said "not enough disk space".

I unistalled all EPs and SPs but leaved the main game installed and it says I have only 10 GB of space. 

How do I fix this? (I don't remember what I did on my new computer to get that disk space back)

Back to top Go down

100 GB of disk space not enough? [SOLVED] Empty Re: 100 GB of disk space not enough? [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 19 Feb 2018, 19:18

Hello again,

One thing you could try is first to make hidden folders visible. In any filepath look at the top of the 'explorer'. Click on View and tick the box hidden items. I am not 100% sure if it works like that in Windows 8, but it works on Windows 10.

Now open WinRAR and go under Options -> Settings -> Paths.

100 GB of disk space not enough? [SOLVED] YwDgoCZaQuWwDISD3duGGQ

This is or should be the default location of the "temporary files" (the place where WinRAR stores stuff in the interim, before the stuff is 'fully' written on the disk and extracted).

So in your case, look under C:\Users\(your Windows account name)\AppData\Local\Temp. Empty all contents of the Temp-folder but not the folder itself. Then try extracting again. See if the same issue occurs. Good luck!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

100 GB of disk space not enough? [SOLVED] Empty Re: 100 GB of disk space not enough? [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 19 Feb 2018, 20:08

I deleted everything from Temp folder and my disk space is back. I have 179 GB of free disk space now. Thank you!  Very Happy

What if the problem reappears? Do I just delete everything from the Temp folder like I did now?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 19 Feb 2018, 20:15

Ula97 wrote:What if the problem reappears? Do I just delete everything from the Temp folder like I did now?

Yes, delete again. Although the issue should not happen again anytime soon. 

Piece of cake.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Feb 2018, 20:22

Ok. Thanks again! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 20 Feb 2018, 06:12

Ula97 wrote:Ok. Thanks again! Very Happy

Did you have any further questions for the moment, or can we mark the topic as "solved"?  Very Happy
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 20 Feb 2018, 20:34

I don't have any further questions  Very Happy

I just want to report that the problem reappeared (after installing every 4 to 5 packs my disk was full) but deleting the tray folder always solved it  Good job!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 21 Feb 2018, 18:54

Ula97 wrote:I don't have any further questions  Very Happy

I just want to report that the problem reappeared (after installing every 4 to 5 packs my disk was full) but deleting the tray folder always solved it  Good job!

So you know what to do, in the future. Very Happy  Problem solved, topic closed.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top