Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bringing Windows To The Front.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bringing Windows To The Front. Empty Bringing Windows To The Front.

Post by Guest Sat 24 Feb 2018, 08:24

Again no idea where to post this! Question, since i got this new laptop I have an issue with layering windows on top of each other. I havent been able to search for a decent answer on google or anything because I don't know how to explain it well. 

But like when I have one window up like say my internet browser and I click to open up something else, it can legit be any other window like if i were to hit download on something while in the browser the window where i choose where to save it would pop up but as soon as i move my mouse to click it then it immediately goes behind the window I had up before hand. 

It happens as well if i open up a file folder or something and try to open up another on top of it they all go behind the first window that was opened as soon as i move my mouse. If i click on the window while on the task bar which normally is how i bring things to the front, it shows up but again i move my mouse and it goes back behind it. If i right click the icons on my task bar to try and open windows or close windows or really do anything on that menu it will close as soon as I move my mouse. 

If i hit the cortana button and try to move my mouse it will also close I have to just type what i want then use the arrow keys. I have found a way around the right click for menu issue which is me holding ctrl and then right clicking. What that does is makes my mouse already focus on the menu so when i move it around it will keep that menu up till i select something. Either way its all very annoying. Is there a way to fix this? I have HP windows 10 laptop.

Mod edit: paragraphing improved, moved to "Software".

- The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

Bringing Windows To The Front. Empty Re: Bringing Windows To The Front.

Post by Guest Sat 24 Feb 2018, 11:56

When you rightclick on the taskbar on the ^, you'll see all kind of possibilities on how to show the windows.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Feb 2018, 00:02

That response there is the issue I have been having with just googling the answer. I don't think you understand what I mean. I did try right clicking the arrow as you mentioned. It did not fix my issue however it did shrink my windows so I could see them all behind each other. I want a permanent solution I know there must be one since this has never been an issue on any of my other HP laptops. I don't want them to temporarily be shown as stacked I want them to always be that way. I wish there was a way to catch my computer in motion so that I could physically show what is happening :c

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 25 Feb 2018, 17:17

So...when you open any window or application FIRST it basically remains active/on top/on the forefront, even if you open any other subsequent windows/applications after that?

If so, I think the issue is commonly called "always on top", but I wouldn't know how to turn it off in Windows, or even if there is an option to do so.

I suspect you may have third-party software installed (TurboTop, DeskPins, etc.) which cause the unwanted effect on your end. You could look for these things and/or google the phenomenon "always on top". The other thing is, if you see me online on the Forum chatbox, I can have a look at that through TeamViewer (that is a program with which we can take temporary control of your PC; you can end the service simply by moving your mouse though, so no risks involved). We use this sometimes to help out users for more tricky issues.

Then again, I may be misunderstanding the issue totally, but it does sound like the "always on top" phenomenon.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Feb 2018, 22:38

It looks like always on top is some sort of program that I need to install :c I ran a check for the couple things you mentioned in your response and none of them are installed on my laptop. We could try the teamveiwer thing I have used it before, that and join me. Let me know how you wanna go about it I would like to get some answers if possible.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 27 Feb 2018, 01:14

SimsIsLoveSimsIsLife wrote:It looks like always on top is some sort of program that I need to install

No...I mean, assuming I am right with my suspicion in the previous post, the "always on top" is something you need to get rid of. I probably won't have much time in the coming days since we will be working on the upcoming TS4 Jungle Adventures DLC and the basepatch for the newest version as well. If you feel you need TeamViewer help, your best bet would be to check on the weekends here, when I am more often there. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Feb 2018, 01:28

Yeah when i googled always on top however, All the search results returned that its a program or similar programs that do that, and how windows itself does not come with a setting for it i need some outside thing. I don't have anything like it installed I don't think. At the same time however I don't think Always On Top is my issue since I can change what is shown on top if i minimize everything then bring them back up with what I want to show. Ugh... Sorry I again don't feel like what I am trying to say is making sense haha. I will for sure see if we can work something out on the weekend. Looking forward to the new sims pack coming out though this issue can wait until a later time for sure I been dealing with it for a bit now anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 27 Feb 2018, 01:31

SimsIsLoveSimsIsLife wrote:Yeah when i googled always on top however, All the search results returned that its a program or similar programs that do that, and how windows itself does not come with a setting for it i need some outside thing. I don't have anything like it installed I don't think. At the same time however I don't think Always On Top is my issue since I can change what is shown on top if i minimize everything then bring them back up with what I want to show. Ugh... Sorry I again don't feel like what I am trying to say is making sense haha. I will for sure see if we can work something out on the weekend. Looking forward to the new sims pack coming out though this issue can wait until a later time for sure I been dealing with it for a bit now anyway.

Is the Windows system on which the issue is happening, a relatively new install? If so, you could also consider a 'repair' of your Windows system. I know this is a radical solution, but maybe something could be messed up with Windows. You will need to backup all your important data of course. And also bear in mind that if you really go down that path, all installed apps/games will be removed after the Windows repair.

Other than that, we'll see what we can do over TeamViewer, later on.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top