Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Set locale returned NULL - error (The Sims 1)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Set locale returned NULL - error (The Sims 1) Empty Set locale returned NULL - error (The Sims 1)

Post by Guest Fri 16 Mar 2018, 17:34

Explaining with words is always hard so I prepared a video for you:

https://streamable.com/ofgvv

Why does such a thing occur? How do I fix it.

I did not use it as a link because as a new member I cannot do that. Just delete the space inside the "link" and the video will work.

Back to top Go down

Set locale returned NULL - error (The Sims 1) Empty Re: Set locale returned NULL - error (The Sims 1)

Post by Guest Fri 16 Mar 2018, 18:07

Try this:
Open the register by pressing the Windows Key and typing R
OIn the window type the word regedit
In the register follow this path
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE - WOW6432Node - Maxis - The Sims Complete - Locale
Dubbleclick on Default (Not sure that's the correct name, but there is only 1 entry so you can't miss)
Change to      [en]  without the brackets of course
In my game it is set to nl, so can only guess that english = en

Back to top Go down

Set locale returned NULL - error (The Sims 1) Empty Re: Set locale returned NULL - error (The Sims 1)

Post by Guest Fri 16 Mar 2018, 19:08

Well there is no path after The Sims Complete  Why God.

Set locale returned NULL - error (The Sims 1) Hmmm10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Mar 2018, 19:17

The Sims Online ????
Where does that come from ???

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Mar 2018, 19:42

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 16 Mar 2018, 19:57

Sasageyo wrote:Explaining with words is always hard so I prepared a video for you:

https://streamable.com/ofgvv

Why does such a thing occur? How do I fix it.

I did not use it as a link because as a new member I cannot do that. Just delete the space inside the "link" and the video will work.

Welcome to the Forum @Sasageyo,

I edited the link and removed the space; this link-block is a measure to reduce the negative impacts on spambots.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Mar 2018, 18:19

So can you help me please?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 17 Mar 2018, 20:49

Sasageyo wrote:So can you help me please?

If I knew something more substantial I would have mentioned it in my previous message; I'm sorry. Note though that "The Sims Online" used to be part of The Sims franchise, and like the name implies, an online game. The service has been discontinued though, about a decade ago already.

I can leave the thread open, in case someone else sees the issue and wants to comment; as for me though, I've never heard of it before.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 18 Mar 2018, 01:07

Maybe deleting Sims Online files would help but I still do play it. I will try to first install The Sims Collection pack and then The Sims Online.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top