Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Store Worlds Installing "Sims 3 Stopped Working"

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Store Worlds Installing "Sims 3 Stopped Working" Empty Store Worlds Installing "Sims 3 Stopped Working"

Post by Guest Tue 17 Apr 2018, 17:20

Hey, I've decided to get sims 3 again and I downloaded the complete sims 3 torrent from g4tw and installed it and followed instructions, I applied the fix etc. I wanted to try out the store worlds so I downloaded the complete store torrent and followed all the instructions, everything launches fine but when I go into the Downloads section of the launcher and attempt to install any of the worlds it immediately says "sims 3 has stopped working" and the installation process closes but the launcher remains open. I have tried every single world by itself and the same issue happens, restarted the pc and I don't have any other CC as I want to keep my game clean. Is there anything I can possibly do about this?
I have also attempted to launch individual world installations via the actual Downloads folder and the same issue still happened.

Thank you in advance Smile

Update: I think I've done something completely wrong because now when I am trying to launch the game is stops working when the loading screen appears. This has only happened since I put in the store update folders in. 

Store Worlds Installing "Sims 3 Stopped Working" Untitl10

Back to top Go down

Store Worlds Installing "Sims 3 Stopped Working" Empty Re: Store Worlds Installing "Sims 3 Stopped Working"

Post by Dracos66 Tue 17 Apr 2018, 20:37

Try this. Go to C:\Users\User_Name\Documents\Electronic Arts and rename The Sims 3 folder to something like The Sims 3_old. Restart the game and let it rebuild the folder, then try installing the worlds.
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Store Worlds Installing "Sims 3 Stopped Working" Empty Re: Store Worlds Installing "Sims 3 Stopped Working"

Post by Guest Wed 18 Apr 2018, 12:51

Dracos66 wrote:Try this. Go to C:\Users\User_Name\Documents\Electronic Arts and rename The Sims 3 folder to something like The Sims 3_old. Restart the game and let it rebuild the folder, then try installing the worlds.

Thanks so much @Dracos66 that actually allowed me to install them all hassle free.
I am having one major issue though now that everything starts up when I load any town as soon as the loading bar gets to the end the game stops working and I tried to turn off the interactive loading screen as suggested in another post with the same issue persisting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracos66 Wed 18 Apr 2018, 19:53

@cherrystal

What error, if any, does Windows show?

There should also be crash log reports in C:\Users\User_Name\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 that can be opened with notepad that will list where the game crashed. If you can post the part of the report(s) that show where the game stopped it will be helpful.
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 18 Apr 2018, 23:36

cherrystal wrote:Thanks so much @Dracos66 that actually allowed me to install them all hassle free.
I am having one major issue though now that everything starts up when I load any town as soon as the loading bar gets to the end the game stops working and I tried to turn off the interactive loading screen as suggested in another post with the same issue persisting.

Hello and welcome to the Forum @cherrystal,

For how long did you wait? Keep in mind that the game takes ages to load into a savefile, especially, the more expansions/stuffpacks you got installed...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top